Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 57 of 69 FirstFirst ... 7 47 55 56 57 58 59 67 ... LastLast
Results 1,401 to 1,425 of 1717

Thread: Winter Is Coming...The Game of Thrones Thread *spoilers*

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I'd watch all of these.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Well, here we go folks. After all the waiting, the hype and speculation the final season premiere is a little over an hour away!!! Pop, that popcorn, ice them drinks and get your favorite pillow. Game of Thrones is almost here!!! Be sure to get those last minute predictions in now!!! LOL Who will end up on the Iron Throne?????

Goldmember Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future

My Mood
    Inspired

Well if the first episode is any indication of quality I’m a little concerned. It was extremely slow for a show coming to an ultimate end. Very little new info, horrible stupid writing (keep your Queen warm... I mean COME ON!!), and just not a coherent sense of story.

Gunslinger Apprentice TnTzDad has a spectacular aura about TnTzDad has a spectacular aura about

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Kingfan24 View Post
    Well if the first episode is any indication of quality I’m a little concerned. It was extremely slow for a show coming to an ultimate end. Very little new info, horrible stupid writing (keep your Queen warm... I mean COME ON!!), and just not a coherent sense of story.
    So it wasn't just me...

Gunslinger Apprentice Earl of Popkin is just really nice Earl of Popkin is just really nice Earl of Popkin is just really nice Earl of Popkin is just really nice Earl of Popkin is just really nice Earl of Popkin's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Only thing that dragon date was missing was Margot Kidder asking if you could read my mind

Breaker Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Was slow
    Wish List:
    Any of the following flatsigned or inscribed-
    It, Shining, Salem’s Lot, Mr. Mercedes, The Stand
    Brother ARC, Seed ARC

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

I didn't mind the slowness of the episode, I was internally giddy just to have the show back.

So ... would you guys be interested in a friendly little wager about the outcome of the show? Deaths, killers, fates, winner(s), events?

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

First episodes are typically a little slow, they're getting all the pieces aligned for the madness to come.

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

I was worried that, after such a lengthy hiatus, I might feel lost, but I didn't. The episode did a good job of telling us all where the major players are and what's at stake.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by fernandito View Post
    First episodes are typically a little slow, they're getting all the pieces aligned for the madness to come.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bev Vincent View Post
    I was worried that, after such a lengthy hiatus, I might feel lost, but I didn't. The episode did a good job of telling us all where the major players are and what's at stake.
    Yeah, I agree. I thought it was a good return. They did have a few "WTF" moments to tie up and such. Is this going to be another 6-8 episode season? If so, on the face of it, it would seem they have a lot to wrap up in a short time.

It was great to have the show back though that's for sure!!!!

Breaker Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

5 episodes left Bill
    Wish List:
    Brother ARC, Seed ARC

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Garrell View Post
    5 episodes left Bill
    Really? WOW All those seasons of soap opera bullshit and they wrap it up that quick? Just when the good stuff starts going down. This could end up being very disconcerting to say the least. Lotta folks to fry in 5 episodes!!! lol lol

As long as I'm at it, any status update regarding the books? Does he plan on finishing them or will HBO be doing that for him?

I gotta say though, HBO sure knows how to film a sword and sorcery battle.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

There's been nothing but radio silence from Martin regarding the release of the next 2 books. Honestly at this point its fair to wonder if he's ever going to release them. Maybe book 6 as he's presumably already written a portion of it, but all bets are off when it comes to 7.

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Yes, people, the remaining 5 episodes are going to consist of everyone just praying, making weapons and plotting. There will be no action, sorry.

Honestly, I thought the episode was perfect for what it needed to be. The show has been off for almost two years. Like Fernando said, you have to reset the pieces on the game board. Refresh everyone's memory about the main players, where they are and what they are up to. I thought they did an amazing job at that.

I know people are anxious because we don't have a lot of time left, but I think if they just jumped into things in the first episode it would have felt equally out of place for me.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Maerlyn's Imp allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte's Avatar

My Mood
    Confused

I felt it was spot on with all the reunions and everyone coming together for the main cause or plot. Surprised we got a couple quick reveals so early. I enjoyed it thoroughly, just disappointed we couldn't get a bunch of dialogue to extend past 6 episodes so I truly understand people feeling there isn't much time left. I am hoping it doesn't rush through to the end. We have this super villain coming and I would hate it to end with a simple swing of the blade. We will see.
    Words have no power to impress the mind without the exquisite horror of their reality. Edgar Allan Poe

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Only 5 episodes left to tie everything together, that doesn't seem like enough
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

5 episodes is plenty. Martin often employs this storytelling device:

IMO, Martin is simply not interested in finishing the books. He can't even say he's too busy; he published a prequel and I believe two novellas since the last book .

Maybe he lost his mojo when the show surpassed the books.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post
    Keep in mind that the total length of the last few episodes essentially amount to 1 long movie. So we're getting an extended cut LOTR movie to tie everything up. Plenty of time.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post
    Keep in mind that the total length of the last few episodes essentially amount to 1 long movie. So we're getting an extended cut LOTR movie to tie everything up. Plenty of time.

good point

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

I don't know, I feel like there is still so much more that needs to happen. Maybe I just don't want it to end
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

About 6 hours left, a lot to get done in that time. Gonna miss it, hope whatever spinoff they do is just as good
    Wish List:
    Brother ARC, Seed ARC

Goldmember Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future

My Mood
    Inspired

Martin will never finish the books. It’s going to be another wheel of time situation.

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Yep, he even chatted with SK a few years back on how to write faster. If you are not writing then just picking up a pen would be a start.
    Wish List:
    Brother ARC, Seed ARC

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Garrell View Post
    About 6 hours left, a lot to get done in that time. Gonna miss it, hope whatever spinoff they do is just as good
    I feel that the one thing that will get short changed is the exploration of the different religions in Westeros. One of the most intriguing aspects of the show to me was the way these different religions and ideologies collided across the globe and how some of them had very real, practical applications in the living world - the flaming swords, the blood magic, the resurrections etc.,

I was hoping the show would delve a little more into why all of these religions seemingly had an ethereal foothold in the living world and how that conflicted (or united) with the spiritual threads running throughout the show. Its no coincidence that all of the remaining Stark children have been aligned with different deities - Bran with the Greenseer, Jon with the Red God, Sansa with the Seven, Arya with the Faceless God etc.,

Would like to see something more on that but sadly I feel it end up getting the short end of the pointy stick.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 57 of 69 FirstFirst ... 7 47 55 56 57 58 59 67 ... LastLast