Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 59 of 69 FirstFirst ... 9 49 57 58 59 60 61 ... LastLast
Results 1,451 to 1,475 of 1717

Thread: Winter Is Coming...The Game of Thrones Thread *spoilers*

Goldmember Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future

My Mood
    Inspired

Quote Originally Posted by C1TIZEN_X View Post
    What if Dario is with the Golden Company and somehow manages to convince them to fight for Dany?

Would make for a quick fight so they could get on with other business. Of course, that all depends on how long it takes to defeat the Night King. IF they defeat him, and IF Dany is still alive after it's over...
    You forget Dany has special armor that very few have. It’s called plot armor.

Gunslinger Apprentice C1TIZEN_X has a spectacular aura about C1TIZEN_X has a spectacular aura about C1TIZEN_X has a spectacular aura about

Quote Originally Posted by Kingfan24 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by C1TIZEN_X View Post
    What if Dario is with the Golden Company and somehow manages to convince them to fight for Dany?

Would make for a quick fight so they could get on with other business. Of course, that all depends on how long it takes to defeat the Night King. IF they defeat him, and IF Dany is still alive after it's over...
    You forget Dany has special armor that very few have. It’s called plot armor.
    Right, but now that she knows she isn't the true heir to the throne...just saying. You never know where the writers will take this. Hell, someone has to start dying. There are only four episodes left

I don't think she'll die though. Maybe.
    Wish List
    Christine S/L

“Everyone isn’t bad, Mama! Everything isn’t a sin!” - Carrie

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Maybe she'll lose her marbles too. Crazy seems to run in her family.

Maerlyn's Imp RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I know that everyone is worried that there is not enough time left to wrap everything up but remember we are getting three more episodes than the show creators wanted to finish this.

They wanted one 10-episode season seven because they thought that was all they needed. HBO wanted more so they compromised on a seven-episode season seven and a six-episode season eight for a total of 13. This also gave them time for more filming so they can make the coming battles the longest in TV history. If D&D were correct in their estimates then we should be fine.

Of course, now that we are past the books you can see that some of their plot creations aren't the best so who knows. At least Martin confirmed that they will use his planned ending.

Breaker Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Martin will never actually write an ending so this will be THE version, whether it was all his or just some.
    Wish List:
    Any of the following flatsigned or inscribed-
    It, Shining, Salem’s Lot, Mr. Mercedes, The Stand
    Brother ARC, Seed ARC

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Garrell View Post
    Martin will never actually write an ending so this will be THE version, whether it was all his or just some.
    never. say. never.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Breaker Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER
    Wish List:
    Brother ARC, Seed ARC

Citizen of Gilead sentinel is a splendid one to behold sentinel is a splendid one to behold sentinel is a splendid one to behold sentinel is a splendid one to behold sentinel is a splendid one to behold sentinel is a splendid one to behold sentinel is a splendid one to behold

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    never. say. never.
    Gossip in the publishing industry says Martin is tired of GOT and is writing other things.

Rabid Billybumbler DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Episode two was one of my favorite episodes to date. Yes, there have been glorious battles, and surprising betrayals, but for sheer enjoyment of the characters themselves it was bliss. What does one do when one can't sleep because one's life is about to end, I hope to go so peacefully as these heroes to be. Loved it!!!

As for wrapping it up, I have no reservations whatsoever that it will be done well. Will we all love it? Nope, but we will all talk about it for years to come, thus solidifying GOT's status as an epic of the highest order. Can't wait.

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by sentinel View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    never. say. never.
    Gossip in the publishing industry says Martin is tired of GOT and is writing other things.
    He's written a prequel and novellas set in the same world since the last book. It seems he's lost interest in finishing the series now that the show has surpassed the events from the books.

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by fernandito View Post
    I read this theory about Cersei seeing the Night King flying toward her on the dragon and - thinking that Dany has finally come for her - blows up King's Landing, supplying NK with even more undead soldiers.
    This plays into a theory I've seen gaining steam recently. People are saying that the Night King is headed straight to King's Landing with the zombie dragon. The rest of his army will keep Dany and her army occupied at Winterfell while the Night King lays waste to King's Landing, growing his army that much more.

While that would be bad news, the silver lining would be seeing the look on Cersei's face.

As for the remaining books, there's no way his publishing company allows him to not finish those books. I'm sure he signed a contract. They will want those books in some way, shape or form. That's just business.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post
    I read this theory about Cersei seeing the Night King flying toward her on the dragon and - thinking that Dany has finally come for her - blows up King's Landing, supplying NK with even more undead soldiers.
    This plays into a theory I've seen gaining steam recently. People are saying that the Night King is headed straight to King's Landing with the zombie dragon. The rest of his army will keep Dany and her army occupied at Winterfell while the Night King lays waste to King's Landing, growing his army that much more.

While that would be bad news, the silver lining would be seeing the look on Cersei's face.

As for the remaining books, there's no way his publishing company allows him to not finish those books. I'm sure he signed a contract. They will want those books in some way, shape or form. That's just business.
    Agree with all this!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Maerlyn's Imp allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte's Avatar

My Mood
    Confused

I have read spoilers and the "when" something would happen has yet to be right. The King's Landing rumor is really interesting and I can't wait to see what is true or not. I am impressed that this season the spoilers and rumors thus far have not been accurate.
    Words have no power to impress the mind without the exquisite horror of their reality. Edgar Allan Poe

Goldmember Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future

My Mood
    Inspired

Martin will surely die before he finishes the books leaving someone like Sanderson to wrap them up. Just like wheel of time.

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

The First Level of Hell - It's got a great view!
    Country
    Country Flag

Martin will surely die before he finishes the books leaving someone like Sanderson to wrap them up. Just like wheel of time.
    He has said he would never do that. He would rather leave them incomplete.
    Wanted: Human skin edition of The Book of the Dead. Will accept PC copy.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Agree with whoever said above that Martin will feel even less compelled to finish them now that the show has essentially told his story.

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Agree with whoever said above that Martin will feel even less compelled to finish them now that the show has essentially told his story.
    As a writer, I'm sure he has it in his head the way he wants to see it end. He's probably had it in his head for decades. You can't tell me that's not going to be satisfying for him to accomplish. You guys are being Debbie Downers when it comes to him completing the books.

He was quoted in EW saying that he was invited to reshoot a cameo for the finale, but he was writing Winds and felt his time would be better spent working on the books. I'm telling you, we will at least get Winds. Too much of it is already written to not get it. As for book 7, that's a bigger question.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

All of his I'm sure good intentions with regard to completing the series aside, I think he may have sat down to begin the endgame and realized just what a monumental task he had assigned himself to this point. I'm sure he has an idea how he would like to see it end, but all the plot lines and story elements that he needs to address to get there no doubt present quite a daunting task. IMHO if he was going to finish it he either already would have or would be deep in the process and not fiddling with pre-quels and the like.

I have no animosity against the man, I'm sure he went in with nothing but the best of intentions and he has proven himself a wonderful author and creator of worlds. Age is probably the chief block against him at this juncture. That and probably the success he has realized. I'm sure he's giving it a go at all times, but just keeps hitting a wall. It's a shame, yes but maybe it will get done well by his successors or the like just not him in this lifetime at this stage.

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER.....................again I say.
    Made to much money and lost some of the drive and hunger as a result
    Wish List:
    Brother ARC, Seed ARC

My Mood
    Inspired

Wow. Tonight’s episode, for me, was a total let down.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Wow. Tonight’s episode, for me, was a total let down.
    How so? I'm in the last third of it and its been awesome except for the long camera pauses that they kept inserting if you know what I mean. Anyway, I'm looking for some thoughts/answers from you guys who are more in tune with GoT and/or read the books.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I gotta say one thing when all is said and done. This is a great tale, has some awesome characters and plays off some very cool magical premises/themes. However, make no mistake, in the end The Lord of the Rings is still the greatest Sword and Sorcery story ever told, hands down.

Truth be told if it were'net for LOTR we likely never would have had GoT. Be that as it may it's still a pretty fucking great tale (so far). As for this episode, the imagery and cinematography was wonderful at times, though I generally don't care for the "night fighting" angle, still there were some really awesome shots for the screen. I thought they inserted way too much in the way of "retrospective/panning shots" designed to make you think back or something. Also, IMHO, there were some (I hope I'm saying this right) spatial proximity issues in the show that lead to some confusion in the plot. Put simply it seemed to me that a few characters came jumping into camera shots out of nowhere. They wasted some time as well with useless "Dragon" shots that were beautiful, but did nothing for the storyline.

Still, overall it was entertaining and I enjoyed it for the most part. It did feel a little rushed. I look forward to seeing what they have up their sleeve for the remaining 3 hours. As I said initially, in the end (which this episode really seemed to be by and large) it was great entertainment and all, but it's no LOTR. IMHO anyway.

I'm sure a lot of you folks will have very different opinions and be much better equipped to breakdown the episode and series, but that's my two cents FWIW so far.

My Mood
    Inspired

LoTR was so great because it had a defined story to tell. It didn’t suffer from “epic fantasy syndrome” like wheel of time and GoT. It’s hard to care about characters that are constantly dying with little to no development. It feels like GoT just kills people for the shock value.

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

I enjoyed last night's episode but thought more should have died and had "Hollywood" savings. The last dragon fight was a bit confusing but it looked as though one good one died while it killed the other
    Wish List:
    Brother ARC, Seed ARC

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

I enjoyed the episode (although a 3:30am finish time when I have work in the morning is a killer...)

The one thought I had repeatedly was, The attacks were literally like a wave of water crashing down on the defenders. As the majority of leading characters were front and center, it was ridiculous to believe any could have survived the onslaught. They would literally have been crushed underfoot before they could have swung a sword.
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

+ Reply to Thread
Page 59 of 69 FirstFirst ... 9 49 57 58 59 60 61 ... LastLast