Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 35 of 69 FirstFirst ... 25 33 34 35 36 37 45 ... LastLast

Thread: Winter Is Coming...The Game of Thrones Thread *spoilers*

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Speculation only: he died so Tyrion could take his place?

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Interesting theory...

It would definitely fall in line with the show's approach of excluding certain characters from the novels and giving their 'responsibilities' to others from the show.

Kinda like what they'll probably do with

book spoilers

Maerlyn's Imp sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

This thread should be called winter is breathing heavy, cause at GRRM's rate it may never come.

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Barristan Selmy is one of my favorite characters. It's just hard to see him go, especially in that way. The odd thing is that Selmy has POV chapters in the upcoming books.

I thought it was awesome to see him kick some ass, but I just don't think he'd go down so easy.

The ironic thing is that Greyworm lives and Selmy dies. I'm sure we will see him getting his wounds tended to next week by what's her face.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Kind of a random thought, but "Winter has been coming" for like what? 6 TV seasons? When the heck will it arrive? LOL
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    Kind of a random thought, but "Winter has been coming" for like what? 6 TV seasons? When the heck will it arrive? LOL
    Careful what you wish for.

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

So I haven't read through the thread because I don't want to be spoiled, but I just finished season 3. What an ending. I was so sad with the massacre of Robb and his mom, I didn't see that coming at all. Also I really hope the next season shows more of Daenerys. She was such a prominent figure in the first season, but was barely in the next two. But I'm guessing she's going to be playing a major role soon.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Ahh, the Red Wedding. When I finished reading that chapter, I threw the book across the room.

I love Dany's character. I think one of the best things about Martin is how he writes women. They are strong, smart and they aren't one dimensional. The problem with Dany's story is that there's really not a whole lot that happens. In the books, there really is a lot of hanging around.

This current season does have her more involved.

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Yeah, it seems like that's all she's been doing. I've been waiting for her to finally attack and get a more prominent role again. I loved her in the first season, and still like her but I almost feel a bit detached. She's supposed to be really strong and she's rallying all these people behind her, but since we barely see her it's a little hard to get fully behind her character.

And as for strong females, Arya is hands down my favorite. I really hope to see more of her as well.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Arya is my favorite too!

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Melisandre is my favorite.
    She just does whatever the fuck she wants.

What a woman.

King Joffery is dead!! It's about time someone I hated got killed off I'm curious who did it. I do have some suspicions though.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post
    King Joffery is dead!! It's about time someone I hated got killed off I'm curious who did it. I do have some suspicions though.
    Let's hear them.

Goldmember Melike will become famous soon enough Melike's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fernandito View Post
    Melisandre is my favorite.
    She just does whatever the fuck she wants.

What a woman.
    And she is so mysterious and very confident about herself.

So I haven't read through the thread because I don't want to be spoiled, but I just finished season 3. What an ending. I was so sad with the massacre of Robb and his mom, I didn't see that coming at all. Also I really hope the next season shows more of Daenerys. She was such a prominent figure in the first season, but was barely in the next two. But I'm guessing she's going to be playing a major role soon.
    Yeah. Daenerys is my favorite sometimes. It is hard to choose between some characters.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

This thread is pretty dead. I don't think people know what to say. Overalll, I'm enjoying this season. It's not great though.

Goldmember Melike will become famous soon enough Melike's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post
    This thread is pretty dead. I don't think people know what to say. Overalll, I'm enjoying this season. It's not great though.
    I love this season. I didn't like some changes they made with the story. So obvious decisions for popularity which is important of course, but still...
    After I watch every episode I have lots of things to say. But then they disappear.

Season 5

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Melike View Post
    I love this season. I didn't like some changes they made with the story. So obvious decisions for popularity which is important of course, but still...
    After I watch every episode I have lots of things to say. But then they disappear.

Season 5
    I feel the same way.

I had this conversation with some of my friends. What I'm doing with Game of Thrones is telling myself just to sit back and enjoy it. I did this with Lost too. Both shows are fantastic shows that we will probably never see again. I know once GoT is over, I'm going to be missing it pretty hard, so my best bet is just to enjoy it for what it is.

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm enjoying this season however it doesn't feel as dynamic as earlier seasons. Still loving it and I'm sure I will change my mind on this at some point. On a side note it feels like this season they are trying very hard to interject boobs into the episodes. It is kind of lame and seems somewhat forced.

Specifically the scene with Rob and the scene last night with Braun(sp?).

Spoiler:
    To be clear I have nothing against boobs however I dislike boobs when they don't set a scene or serve a plot purpose...they served no purpose.

Two Gunslingers Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Staad View Post
    I'm enjoying this season however it doesn't feel as dynamic as earlier seasons. Still loving it and I'm sure I will change my mind on this at some point. On a side note it feels like this season they are trying very hard to interject boobs into the episodes. It is kind of lame and seems somewhat forced.

Specifically the scene with Rob and the scene last night with Braun(sp?).

Spoiler:
    To be clear I have nothing against boobs however I dislike boobs when they don't set a scene or serve a plot purpose...they served no purpose.
    hahaha wait until you see the full frontal swinging dingaling, then the affectation of your suspension of disbelief with unnecessary boobs will be forgotten.
    Wanted
    CD Carrie Portfolio 719
    Dark Tower S/N LE's 171 or 203
    ANY Stephen King S/N LE #171 or 719

A Storm of Swords #218 or 346
    Ancillary Justice #455
    American Gods (+ SC Reader copy) #624

Michael Whelan original art
    DT VII: Michael Whelan Remarque

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Overalll, I'm enjoying this season. It's not great though.
    Not great, but it is laying the groundwork for some very important things to come.

This was actually one of my favorite episodes of the season. Cersei learning the fundamental rule of not throwing stones while living in glass houses was priceless. And the High Septon being a true believer in what he preaches might make him one of the most dangerous men of all. Impervious to the promises of gold and vices, his unremitting devotion to carrying out the Gods' will make him an interesting counterpoint to all others whom can be swayed, with the right price.

I LOVE that the show decided to skip forward past the tiresome and frankly redundant purgatory Tryion and Jorah find themselves in in book 5 and just have the former meet Dany straight away. One of the best and smartest changes the show has made.

One of this season's weak links is the Jamie & Bronn rescue mission. They creators didn't know what they wanted to do with them and it shows. The entire mission was ill conceived and ill executed and it comes across as very hokey and contrived.

I want to see more White Walker stuff dammit!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by fernandito View Post
    Overalll, I'm enjoying this season. It's not great though.
    Not great, but it is laying the groundwork for some very important things to come.

This was actually one of my favorite episodes of the season. Cersei learning the fundamental rule of not throwing stones while living in glass houses was priceless. And the High Septon being a true believer in what he preaches might make him one of the most dangerous men of all. Impervious to the promises of gold and vices, his unremitting devotion to carrying out the Gods' will make him an interesting counterpoint to all others whom can be swayed, with the right price.

I LOVE that the show decided to skip forward past the tiresome and frankly redundant purgatory Tryion and Jorah find themselves in in book 5 and just have the former meet Dany straight away. One of the best and smartest changes the show has made.

One of this season's weak links is the Jamie & Bronn rescue mission. They creators didn't know what they wanted to do with them and it shows. The entire mission was ill conceived and ill executed and it comes across as very hokey and contrived.

I want to see more White Walker stuff dammit!
    I loved seeing Cersei get thrown in a dungeon. I've been waiting for that scene since reading it in the books. I kind of figured we'd get it in the last few episodes though. It solidified my belief on how this season is going to end
    Spoiler:
    Jon Snow cliffahnger, people will freak

I agee about needing to see some White Walker stuff. Every season we get at least one scene with them.

One thing that bothered me, and I've made this stance before, the Stark's should never be witout their wolves. Robb made this mistake and it cost him dearly. Jon Snow has let Ghost stray before, but I find it hard to believe he'd leave him at Castle Black while he heads north of the Wall.

Just finished season 4. One question I have is why did Arya not see her sister when they arrived at her aunts palace? Did they just move on after being told her aunt was dead? You think someone would have mentioned her sister being there? Also I would have thought she'd continue on her voyage North to wall.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Just finished season 4. One question I have is why did Arya not see her sister when they arrived at her aunts palace? Did they just move on after being told her aunt was dead? You think someone would have mentioned her sister being there? Also I would have thought she'd continue on her voyage North to wall.
    Arya doesn't know that it is Sansa. She thinks Sansa is dead.

I'm just surprised no one there mentioned her, or is it still a secret that she's really Sansa? Also why does she think she's dead?

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Well, keep in mind that Arya has been out of the loop for a long time. She hasn't been up to date with the machinations at Kings Landing, and thus doesn't know precisely what has happened to Sansa... for all she knows she's dead already, given what happened to Ned.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 35 of 69 FirstFirst ... 25 33 34 35 36 37 45 ... LastLast