Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 30 of 69 FirstFirst ... 20 28 29 30 31 32 40 ... LastLast

Thread: Winter Is Coming...The Game of Thrones Thread *spoilers*

Citizen of Gilead Empath of the White is on a distinguished road Empath of the White's Avatar

The scenes with Stannis were the best from this episode. I guess D&D figured they needed a happy, upbeat ending to keep viewers after the RW. What's the odds that they merge Yara's character with Victarion?

Architect Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany's Avatar

My Mood
    Angelic

Here's a pretty amazing visualization of all of the characters...spoilers as it is current as of last night.
    http://www.wherehaveallthewildlingsgone.com/
    People love frozen yogurt. I don't know what to tell you.

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

SEASON 3 SPOILERS...duh

Like I had expected, the season 3 finale was kind of anticlimactic. There really was no way to top the Red Wedding episode. I love the scenes with Tyrion and Tywin. It was nice to see Arya's first kill...finally. Although this made me think back to one of my major gripes from season 2 and that was that they didn't show Arya's first kill the way they did in the books. I think it was better in the book, but still carried nice weight for the screen.

It sent chills up my spine to see Greywind's head sewn on Robb's body. Powerful image. I've said it before and I will say it again, I hope people know what's going on when they show Stannis/Davos and then the Greyjoy's. I just don't think they've shown them enough and I think people might get confused. As we move forward, we will see these characters more so that should help.

I have no problem with Sam meeting Bran. I know they met in the books, but I don't think Sam ever realized Bran was Jon's brother. My memory could be faulty on that though. I'm really liking the Bastard Bolton. I think he is just as creepy and insane as he is in the books. We also met Reek, which brought a smile to my face. Reek...it rhymes with meek.

Spoiler:
    The stuff with Shae is to be expected. Her role in the show is much larger. This will heighten the impact of her death.

I kind of thought we would see the wildlings attack on the south side of Castle Black and everything that happens with that. I thought that would have been a nice way to wrap Jon's story.

The end scene with Dany and all the slaves seemed kind of cheesy and didn't really have a lot of impact for me. We get it, everybody loves her and she continues to grow her followers. That's great except
    Spoiler:
    all the book readers know she is still really far away and isn't going to have and impact on what's going on in the rest of the realm.

Spoiler:
    I was really disappointed not to see Lady Stonheart. I understand that it would have been impossible to show her and explain everything that comes with it. I think I would have been satisfied seeing Cat's body floating down the river and then Beric Dondarion finding her. Fade to credits. This tells the viewer there might be more to her story. I read a bunch of articles that have me a little bit worried. They were talking about Michelle Fairly, who plays Catlyn, and how she was crying because she was done with the show. I really hope they don't cut Lady Stonheart. She's kind of important to the story. I'm just wondering if the producers are worried about that freaking out the average viewers.

Overall, great season. I'm really going to miss this show and it's going to be a long wait. I just wish we had book 6 to fill the void.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Kingslayer John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy

How do you figure Lady Stoneheart is important to the story? She's been in exactly ONE pov in the books.

Also, Sam met Bran in the books and knew who he was, as he felt guilty afterward for not telling Jon that his little brother was alive, and letting him keep believing Bran and Rickon were dead.
    "So many vows. They make you swear and swear. Defend the King, obey the King, obey your father, protect the innocent, defend the weak. But what if your father despises the King? What if the King massacres the innocent? It's too much. No matter what you do, you're forsaking one vow or another."

Little Bird Ka-mai has a spectacular aura about Ka-mai has a spectacular aura about Ka-mai has a spectacular aura about Ka-mai's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Empath of the White View Post
    The scenes with Stannis were the best from this episode. I guess D&D figured they needed a happy, upbeat ending to keep viewers after the RW. What's the odds that they merge Yara's character with Victarion?
    I would be so, so disappointed if that happened. I love Victarion, and I can't stand Yara. (I love Asha. I just hate how they portray her on tv and her stupid new name.)

Wasn't Arya's first kill the boy in the stable during season 1?
    A lady always remembers her courtesies.

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by John Blaze View Post
    How do you figure Lady Stoneheart is important to the story? She's been in exactly ONE pov in the books.

Also, Sam met Bran in the books and knew who he was, as he felt guilty afterward for not telling Jon that his little brother was alive, and letting him keep believing Bran and Rickon were dead.
    I guess I should say that I think Lady Stoneheart will become important to the story. I don't think Martin would resurrect her if she wasn't going to have some important role to play. Also, what was the point of hammering home that Beric Dondarrion has been brought back to life so many times if that wasn't going to come back into play later? I just feel those scenes were laying the ground work for Lady Stoneheart. That way people aren't confused when it finally happens.

I guess the stable boy is Arya's first kill. Unless he didn't die. That was kind of self defense so maybe that doesn't count.

Little Bird Ka-mai has a spectacular aura about Ka-mai has a spectacular aura about Ka-mai has a spectacular aura about Ka-mai's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Bethany View Post
    Here's a pretty amazing visualization of all of the characters...spoilers as it is current as of last night.
    http://www.wherehaveallthewildlingsgone.com/
    This is really cool. My one quibble is that if Jaime gets an x over his hand, shouldn't
    Spoiler:
    Theon have an x over... certain things?
    A lady always remembers her courtesies.

Maerlyn's Imp RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ka-mai View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Empath of the White View Post
    I would be so, so disappointed if that happened. I love Victarion, and I can't stand Yara. (I love Asha. I just hate how they portray her on tv and her stupid new name.)

Wasn't Arya's first kill the boy in the stable during season 1?
    Yes, Arya's first kill was the stable boy which is why she says it is the first "man" she's killed. I think this Frey is a replacement for the Bolton guard she didn't kill and we will still get a scene where she gets her sword back.

Goldmember mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Does whatever a spiderman does.

Maerlyn's Imp RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I just watched the trailer for the new season and then watched it again online. I am already excited. Too bad we have to wait until April.

One of The Few The Proud CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Ditto - I can only hope that the wait will be well worth it!
    DT Spoiler - Enter at your own risk!

Spoiler:
    I can’t remember if I cried
    When I read about Eddie’s widowed bride,
    And something touched me deep inside
    The day the bumbler died.”

Click CAN' Ka No Rey for the entire poem, published in Lighthouse VI!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I thought it was great too. I loved how HBO was running a teaser trailer for a trailer. This show really has grown into something huge.

My only problem is that The Red Viper isn't how I pictured him. I was envisioning long, black hair for some reason.

Country
    Country Flag

HBO ran a fifteen minute preview of the season last night. Seems like the season should be pretty eventful/action-packed which it should be considering the source material (second half of SOS and the beginnings of AFFC and ADWD.)

One of The Few The Proud CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Viwe it here - all 14+minutes. i can't wait til April!

DT Spoiler - Enter at your own risk!

Spoiler:
    I can’t remember if I cried
    When I read about Eddie’s widowed bride,
    And something touched me deep inside
    The day the bumbler died.”

Click CAN' Ka No Rey for the entire poem, published in Lighthouse VI!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

That Game of Thrones HBO special really got me excited for the upcoming season. While watching it though, it really hit me for the first time that they are going to have to deal with the very real possibility of catching up with the books. It's a real worry that I'm not sure they have an answer for.

Obviously, they are going to have to break the 4th and 5th books into 2 seasons each. That buys them at least 4 years and takes them into the year 2018. The other problem with that is the actors might not be willing on signing on for a show for at least another 5 or 6 years. I guess there is no point in worrying about it, but Martin is going to have to get the 6th book out within the next year, or it's going to get interesting.

Country
    Country Flag

The show is going to catch him before he finishes the seventh book. There is not a doubt in my mind. Partly because they are not going to split the 4th and 5th books into two seasons each. They will already be showing some of both this season with Dany ruling Mereen, Bran beyond the wall, and Brienne searching for Sansa. At most they will cover the rest of those books in three more seasons but it might be two. The biggest reason of course is that Martin is in no rush. He has already suggested that the creators of the show do a couple "prequel" seasons to allow him more time. Of course that is ridiculous because by then you will have twenty-somethings playing kids that are suppose to be around ten to twelve. Martin told the creators his basic plan for the end so I wonder if they are willing to risk pissing him off and just finishing it ahead of the books.

Guardian of the Beam ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by RUBE View Post
    The show is going to catch him before he finishes the seventh book. There is not a doubt in my mind. Partly because they are not going to split the 4th and 5th books into two seasons each. They will already be showing some of both this season with Dany ruling Mereen, Bran beyond the wall, and Brienne searching for Sansa. At most they will cover the rest of those books in three more seasons but it might be two. The biggest reason of course is that Martin is in no rush. He has already suggested that the creators of the show do a couple "prequel" seasons to allow him more time. Of course that is ridiculous because by then you will have twenty-somethings playing kids that are suppose to be around ten to twelve. Martin told the creators his basic plan for the end so I wonder if they are willing to risk pissing him off and just finishing it ahead of the books.
    I doubt HBO will air the "ending" of the series before the books are published, even if they know his intentions.

Country
    Country Flag

They are going to have to do that, make up their own ending, or just stop without giving us an ending then. Martin still has to release TWO books. The release date for the first still isn't set so it won't be this year. He may just get the sixth book out in time for the show to use it but there is little hope for the seventh. He would have to write it in less than a year after releasing the sixth to make it work and we know that isn't going to happen.

I want to make it clear I don't want this to happen but I don't know what they can do at this point short of locking Martin in a room until he is done.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Do you know for a fact that they won't be splitting up books 4 and 5 into 2 seasons each? I haven't heard anything. Those books are pretty dense and they could do that if they wanted to. The other problem is the introduction of so many new characters. They might be unwilling to do that.

Country
    Country Flag

I don't know for a fact but I have read quotes from the producers saying they want 80 hours (or EIGHT 10 episode seasons). With the fourth season only finishing book three (with a little of four and five in it) that leaves one season per book that is left. I have a feeling with budget constraints and having an already large cast that they might not introduce a lot of the characters Martin introduces later. Cuts would probably include a few of the Greyjoys and some of the Martels/Sand Snakes.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I don't know for a fact but I have read quotes from the producers saying they want 80 hours (or EIGHT 10 episode seasons). With the fourth season only finishing book three (with a little of four and five in it) that leaves one season per book that is left. I have a feeling with budget constraints and having an already large cast that they might not introduce a lot of the characters Martin introduces later. Cuts would probably include a few of the Greyjoys and some of the Martels/Sand Snakes.
    Yeah, you're probably going to be right. I just think they are going to have to have something planned because I don't know what they are going to do. I love the show, but it makes me uneasy to not know what they are going to do.

Gunslinger Apprentice Shadow is on a distinguished road Shadow's Avatar

My Mood
    Goofy

I thought someone told me Martin gave HBO enough of the future story that they can pass him on the books and still write the show.

Country
    Country Flag

Martin gave them his end game so if they made any changes they wouldn't kill off an essential character or change a key plot line. He definitely does not want them to reveal it before he does though. I have seen quotes from him that have made that clear. That is why there is going to be a problem. Martin wants them to stall with prequel seasons while HBO just wants him to hurry up but neither is probably going to happen.

Gunslinger Apprentice Shadow is on a distinguished road Shadow's Avatar

My Mood
    Goofy

Martin gave them his end game so if they made any changes they wouldn't kill off an essential character or change a key plot line. He definitely does not want them to reveal it before he does though. I have seen quotes from him that have made that clear. That is why there is going to be a problem. Martin wants them to stall with prequel seasons while HBO just wants him to hurry up but neither is probably going to happen.
    Thanks, that clears it up for me. Does this mean we will get the hedge knight and the sworn sword?

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

What we are probably going to get is longer breaks between seasons. Kind of what The Sopranos started to do towards the end.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 30 of 69 FirstFirst ... 20 28 29 30 31 32 40 ... LastLast