Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 69 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 24 64 ... LastLast

Thread: Winter Is Coming...The Game of Thrones Thread *spoilers*

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ka-mai View Post
    I just read an article hinting GOT will go the same way as Rome and Deadwood... that would be devastating.
    Meaning ?

Quote Originally Posted by Shannon View Post
    Hello friends, love the show. First time posting in this thread though, methinks ... Just finished the second episode of the second season, not too impressed. Whereas the first season had a lot of main characters, it seemed that they were all moving in the same direction. With this season, everyone is all over the place and doing their own thing. It's like ... here's the blond chick for two minutes, now here's the boy girl and the blacksmith boy for two minutes and now here's Rob for two minutes and oh, there's Jaime in the background ("Hi Jamie!"), and now here's the boring Stannis guy with his slutty redhaired witch for two minutes, and now here's Halfman ("Hi Halfman! We love you!") for four minutes (because he's great), then the Queen, then the King, then Sansaa, then little cripple boy and the ugly wildling girl and big goofy guy, then Greyjoy, and don't forget Lord Snow and THAT whole storyline. Oh, and the pimp guy, and the gay Renley guy, and the bald eunich guy, lol, and the old guy who's a faker ...

Too much.

I enjoy it, but ... this season has no direction so far. Again, this is only an episode two assessment, and I have no doubt that the season will get better. Very excited for when it does.
    This is only the tip of the iceberg my friend. Some characters and story arcs will begin to drift further and further away as the story progresses. Only in book five are they now starting to come together, which brings me to ...

P.S. Does this thread give book spoilers? Like ... I haven't read the books and do people sometimes spoil future events?
    No, all book spoilers must still be marked. Only the TV spoilers have the safety off.

Quote Originally Posted by John Blaze View Post
    I agree that the gratuitous sex scenes add nothing to the story.

I still enjoy them.
    Yes and yes.

Architect Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany's Avatar

My Mood
    Angelic

I still enjoy them.
    Poor Abba spent quite a bit of time under the blanket* last night.

*I keep a blanket on the couch and throw it over my kid's head during the particularly salacious moments.
    People love frozen yogurt. I don't know what to tell you.

Kingslayer John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy

Quote Originally Posted by bethany View Post

I still enjoy them.
    Poor Abba spent quite a bit of time under the blanket* last night.

*I keep a blanket on the couch and throw it over my kid's head during the particularly salacious moments.
    Keep telling yourself they're innocent.

Anyone else have a wtf? moment when Melisandre got nekkid? Also, Bronn as City Watch cap'n? NO.

How can Dany have 3 bloodriders if they killed one off? STUPID.

Whose baby did Craster give to the White Walkers? Not Gilly's surely. If they did I'm calling bullshit. I'm gonna bribe whoever in Santa Fe's phone company I have to to give me GRRM's number, call, ask for him saying I'm from the publisher, wait for him to say "Hello?" and then scream, "BULLSHIT!" and hang up. Like a G.
    "So many vows. They make you swear and swear. Defend the King, obey the King, obey your father, protect the innocent, defend the weak. But what if your father despises the King? What if the King massacres the innocent? It's too much. No matter what you do, you're forsaking one vow or another."

Architect Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany's Avatar

My Mood
    Angelic

My chilluns ARE innocent. Sheesh!
    it couldn't have been Gilly's baby because she was barely showing. Maybe it was just a particularly colicky or annoying baby.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Anyone else have a wtf? moment when Melisandre got nekkid?
    Oh, I had a moment alright.

Kingslayer John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy

"So many vows. They make you swear and swear. Defend the King, obey the King, obey your father, protect the innocent, defend the weak. But what if your father despises the King? What if the King massacres the innocent? It's too much. No matter what you do, you're forsaking one vow or another."

Traveler pineycorn is on a distinguished road

The kid was one of Craster's random ones with a wife/daughter. All male children are given to the white walkers.

Gunslinger Apprentice velcro_fly is on a distinguished road velcro_fly's Avatar

My Mood
    Cynical
    Country
    Country Flag

To me, having Jon follow Craster and then Craster catching him completely changes the story line. Where do they plan on going with this?

And what the hell is going on with Melisandre? Not that I'm complaining.
    “There are no men like me. There's only me”- The Kingslayer

My Mood
    Breezy

I agree, VF. In the preview they showed Craster kicking them out, waving Long Claw at Mormont. I am wondering what's gonna happen here.

By the way, Tyrion's lines are just so awesome. I'm thinking one of the screenwriters must be in love with him.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Not only the lines, it's that insouciant, borderline arrogant way he delivers them.

Dinklage is such a damn good actor, he deserves all the accolades he receives.

My Mood
    Angelic

I agree. I can't believe I was so set against him originally. I'd totally hit that.

My Mood
    Cynical
    Country
    Country Flag

Honestly, who doesn't love Tyrion?

Little Bird Ka-mai has a spectacular aura about Ka-mai has a spectacular aura about Ka-mai has a spectacular aura about Ka-mai's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by feverishparade View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ka-mai View Post
    I just read an article hinting GOT will go the same way as Rome and Deadwood... that would be devastating.
    Meaning ?
    Rome and Deadwood were both so freakishly expensive to produce (because the sets and costumes were so elaborate) that HBO cancelled them due to running out of money or some nonsense. I don't see how HBO could run out of money since they charge for the station, and the merch, and I'm sure they're producing other shows that aren't as good or as expensive that could be scrapped, but that's what it said.
    A lady always remembers her courtesies.

My Mood
    Breezy

Quote Originally Posted by bethany View Post
    I agree. I can't believe I was so set against him originally. I'd totally hit that.
    Yeah, I was upset when they cast him too. I was a fool.

Mother of Dragons Erin will become famous soon enough Erin will become famous soon enough Erin's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Oh man, I know. Peter Dinklage is 12 kinds of hot.

I've seen a lot of talk online about people being upset about Stannis and Melisandre having sex. It didn't bother me so much that they were getting it on because *book spoiler*
    Spoiler:
    it was really hinted at in ADWD
    , but I think what bothered me was how passionate Stannis was about it. That just doesn't fit with his character to me.

Anyhoo, I was just kind of "meh" about this episode. I'm not liking Craster hitting Jon, but we'll see how that goes.

One thing I did really enjoy besides any scene Tyrion is in, was the chemistry between Gendry and Arya. That scene between them was so cute.
    I am Daenerys Stormborn and I will take what is mine. With fire and blood.

My Mood
    Angelic

Quote Originally Posted by Erin View Post
    Oh man, I know. Peter Dinklage is 12 kinds of hot.

I've seen a lot of talk online about people being upset about Stannis and Melisandre having sex. It didn't bother me so much that they were getting it on because *book spoiler*
    Spoiler:
    , but I think what bothered me was how passionate Stannis was about it. That just doesn't fit with his character to me.

Anyhoo, I was just kind of "meh" about this episode. I'm not liking Craster hitting Jon, but we'll see how that goes.

One thing I did really enjoy besides any scene Tyrion is in, was the chemistry between Gendry and Arya. That scene between them was so cute.
    Yeah. I'm betting Stannis is an every-other-Saturday-night-in-the-bed-with-the-lights-off-one-closed-mouth-obligatory-kiss-only type of guy. A nooner in the war room ain't happening.

My Mood
    Cynical
    Country
    Country Flag

Personally I'm not that impressed with Stannis in the series, he just doesn't come across as strong and "iron-like" as I believed him to be. Hopefully they prove me wrong.

Breaker Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Liking the new season, but slow so far...
    Wish List:
    Any of the following flatsigned or inscribed-
    It, Shining, Salem’s Lot, Mr. Mercedes, The Stand
    Brother ARC, Seed ARC

Constant Reader Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I finally saw an episode last night (the latest one), I think I'll have to search them out online and watch from the start. Why does everyone have English accents? Why are all the Winterfell/Wall lot talking like they're Sean Bean's love children from Yorkshire? It didn't put me off, it's quite refreshing really, but I totally wasn't expecting that.

Salvation Comes w/ a Cost OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO's Avatar

Since we Americans didn't have our own Medieval era, we make all of our medieval-ish fantasy characters have English or British accents.
    There's one hole in every revolution, large or small. And it's one word long.. people. No matter how big the idea they all stand under, people are small and weak and cheap and frightened. It's people that kill every revolution.

My Mood
    Breezy

Quite true, really. Cheerio, tut tut, pip pip.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Erin View Post
    Spoiler:
    Well, can you really blame him though ?

Alright, I'll stop with the Melisandre gushing now, promise

Quote Originally Posted by velcro_fly View Post
    Personally I'm not that impressed with Stannis in the series, he just doesn't come across as strong and "iron-like" as I believed him to be. Hopefully they prove me wrong.
    That's been my biggeset concern ever since I read about the actor that was casted to play him. Book Stannis, to me, is the look at me wrong and I'll ply your tongue from your mouth kinda guy.

Hopefully I'm proven wrong too.

My Mood
    Breezy

Agreed about the Stannis casting. But then again, I was upset about the Renly and Loras casting as well. Book Loras may have been gay, but he was NOT soft and girly. "Tough as nails" warrior is what I understood from the books. They totally fairied him up for the show. Book Renly, on the other hand, was conceited and charming and strong on his own, yet the show makes him appear soft and shy. I don't get where they're going with this.

Constant Reader Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by feverishparade View Post
    Melisandre gushing
    *snigger*

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

good catch !

+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 69 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 24 64 ... LastLast