Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 63 of 69 FirstFirst ... 13 53 61 62 63 64 65 ... LastLast
Results 1,551 to 1,575 of 1717

Thread: Winter Is Coming...The Game of Thrones Thread *spoilers*

Two Gunslingers Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

y'all folks crack me up. Go by a $5 sugar bomb latte from you favorite super-corporation if you want some immediate gratification...
    Wanted
    CD Carrie Portfolio 719
    Dark Tower S/N LE's 171 or 203
    ANY Stephen King S/N LE #171 or 719

A Storm of Swords #218 or 346
    Ancillary Justice #455
    American Gods (+ SC Reader copy) #624

Michael Whelan original art
    DT VII: Michael Whelan Remarque

Maerlyn's Imp allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte's Avatar

My Mood
    Confused

Quote Originally Posted by WeDealInLead View Post
    That made no sense but okay.

I'm showing up for work one hour late today when I'm good and ready. I run that place and I heard you can't rush greatness. We'll see how that works out.
    I attempt to do the same thing running dozens of hooples because you can't rush my greatness.

JK Rowling pushed her "greatness" to finish her book series. Damn her! lol
    Words have no power to impress the mind without the exquisite horror of their reality. Edgar Allan Poe

Two Gunslingers Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

y'all are like a baby crying when the tit is removed from its mouth!
    Wanted
    CD Carrie Portfolio 719

Ancillary Justice #455

Maerlyn's Imp allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte's Avatar

My Mood
    Confused

Quote Originally Posted by Lookwhoitis View Post
    I'm curious if you have read the books
    Words have no power to impress the mind without the exquisite horror of their reality. Edgar Allan Poe

My Mood
    Confused

I'm crying because all this mythical story line of Bran and his powers, and thus far he says, "the red coats are coming," and he tells Jon his true lineage. He did nothing else.
    Melisandre with all her story line and mystery ends up being a match, then lays down and dies.
    The big match up of Jon versus the Knight King and the mystery of the dead ended with Arya.
    Sam wastes all his time going to Old Town to figure out how to stop the dead and the writers did nothing with that plot.
    The dragons are supposed to have "skin of stone" and yet are more vulnerable than a popsicle surrounded by obese children.

I can go on and on, but why bother. The writers gave up and the internet is attacking them in droves. I'm all cried out.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by allasorte View Post
    I'm crying because all this mythical story line of Bran and his powers, and thus far he says, "the red coats are coming," and he tells Jon his true lineage. He did nothing else.
    Melisandre with all her story line and mystery ends up being a match, then lays down and dies.
    The big match up of Jon versus the Knight King and the mystery of the dead ended with Arya.
    Sam wastes all his time going to Old Town to figure out how to stop the dead and the writers did nothing with that plot.
    The dragons are supposed to have "skin of stone" and yet are more vulnerable than a popsicle surrounded by obese children.

I can go on and on, but why bother. The writers gave up and the internet is attacking them in droves. I'm all cried out.
    You said it. I have to agree..... what happened????

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

My Mood
    Confused

Just D&D "giving up" with this rushed season and tying nothing into the build up of past story lines, if that's what your asking Kris.
    I'm going to watch the new Pet Semetery . Please be fucking descent!!!

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Just D&D "giving up" with this rushed season and tying nothing into the build up of past story lines, if that's what your asking Kris.
    I'm going to watch the new Pet Semetery . Please be fucking descent!!!
    Here comes another disappointment for ya brother. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Lookwhoitis View Post
    I'm curious if you have read the books
    Of course I have read the books...
    Wanted
    CD Carrie Portfolio 719

Ancillary Justice #455

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

Regardless of who wins, how much of the Seven Kingdoms is going to be left for anyone to rule over?

Goldmember ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

o/t......anyone know a good way to get biblical coffee (w/milk & honey) out of a keyboard?

My Mood
    Confused

Quote Originally Posted by ICry4Oy View Post

o/t......anyone know a good way to get biblical coffee (w/milk & honey) out of a keyboard?
    Sorry, buy a new one?

My Mood
    Confused

I am shocked thus far how great episode 5 is. Where was this battle strategy for the battle against the NK?

Goldmember Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future

My Mood
    Inspired

Disappointing. Predictable. Jamie and Cersei got fucking screwed as characters.

Goldmember Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future

My Mood
    Inspired

People who named their kid Khaleesi are gonna feel like those German parents that named their kid Adolf

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

I don't know what to say. I don't know how to rate the episode. I'm so fucking dumbfounded by this episode, due to the visual brilliance shown on screen mixed with the incredible disservice done to the characters we've spent years watching.

Thoughts:

- She should have had the dragon swim underwater and surprise the fleet, but no, the fucking idiot nosedives them.

- Euron is ... still alive? Why? Does he die off screen? Why?

- How the fuck are you going to going to turn Arya into a bitch after her series-long journey into a badass?

- How the fuck did you kill off Jaime and Cersei with a fucking cave-in?

- If both were going to die anyway, my idea of Arya killing Jaime off screen, then posing as him to get close to Cersei, then killing her, would have been a billion times more satisfying.

- If both were going to die anyway, why not have Tyrion hiding at the edge of the tunnel to kill Cersei, then Jaime when he becomes mad with grief. The longbow would have worked. That would have been a billion times better.

- No matter what Dany did or when she did it, when the fuck was the order given to the troops to go crazy and start killing civilians? Why would that even be a thing?

- And above all, my biggest disappointment ... Out of ALL the ways for Dany to turn bad, THIS is what they come up with? Something so against character, it makes me shake my head.

What a fucking joke.

I've enjoyed the season so far when a lot of people talked shit about it. But this episode might have been my breaking point.

Dear Game of Thrones showrunners, you and your lazy writing disgust me.

Fuck.

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Shannon View Post

- She should have had the dragon swim underwater and surprise the fleet, but no, the fucking idiot nosedives them.
    This. Exactly my thoughts as they were all watching the skies. "She's coming underwater to suprise them".

But No. She comes straight at them (again) but this time it seems they can only manage to fire off a couple of shots from about a hundred Bow emplacements compared to the rain of arrows last time. Hmmm.

The rest of it, Im good with. Dani clearly feeling betrayed and wanting revenge on Cersi and her whole Kingdom. She had seen Cersi show no Mercy and gave as good as she got.
    The troops going crazy was kicked off by Grey Worm. His expression of "What? I dont get to fight and kill the people who murdered the love of my life"? Fuck that! and diving in with a spear was the tide changer. This is a bunch of soldiers all fired up (sorry no pun intended) and ready for battle. once it kicked off, there was no going back.

The Battle of the brothers was OK, neither great nor awful, Cersi's rapid realisation of who she was up against was out of character, but in the face of what she was witnessing, understandable. Jamie, Euron, blah. Just loose ends being tied up. (don't get me started on how mobile Jamie was after the injuries he had been given...)

Star of the show (as always) was Tyrian. such a great actor.
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Country
    Country Flag
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

The impossible task of culminating Martin's meticulously developed characters within a budget abbreviated season into a satisfying payoff for most fans is not going to happen.
    Wanted
    CD Carrie Portfolio 719

Ancillary Justice #455

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by stroppygoblin View Post
    Star of the show (as always) was Tyrian. such a great actor.
    That's why he will be on the Iron throne at the end.

Gunslinger Apprentice Earl of Popkin is just really nice Earl of Popkin is just really nice Earl of Popkin is just really nice Earl of Popkin is just really nice Earl of Popkin is just really nice Earl of Popkin's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

When Martin changed his tune around season 5 from “I’m working on the books” to “I’m done talking about the books until I have a publish date” I said then that HBO paid him to delay the books until after the show end bc ratings were teetering around S5 and they didn’t want further distraction. Martin agreed to it but didnt want to betray his readers by publicly prioritizing the show over the books so he took this vow of vague silence. Everyone told me to F off for saying stupid shit...

EDIT: Welp, as usual, I was way the hell off. Mr Martin specifically debunked this rumor, although that is exactly what someone who just finished book 6 would say...

https://www.ign.com/articles/2019/05...urd-book-rumor

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Firstly I need to issue a public apology to Heather; she kept expressing her worry that the series did not have time to properly wrap up its story lines, and I kept dismissing her. The way this season has gone, I need to eat Night Watch Crow.

Sooooo oh boy, last night's episode. I understand that GRRM/DD might have always intended for Dany to succumb to the impulses of her ancestry, but the execution left much to be desired. It doesn't feel like we arrived there in an organic matter, it felt rushed.

I'm a little dismayed that the overarching theme of 'breaking the cycle' seems to have been tossed aside in favor of shock value. Dany was waxing poetic about breaking the wheel, and her actions last night seem to perpetuate the horrors of past monarchs. Jamie had an epiphany about the monstrosity Cersei had become and decided to do something about it when he fled King's Landing to join the fight in Winterfell. But oh wait, nevermind, it turns out he is and always will be under spell?

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by fernandito View Post
    Firstly I need to issue a public apology to Heather; she kept expressing her worry that the series did not have time to properly wrap up its story lines, and I kept dismissing her. The way this season has gone, I need to eat Night Watch Crow.

Sooooo oh boy, last night's episode. I understand that GRRM/DD might have always intended for Dany to succumb to the impulses of her ancestry, but the execution left much to be desired. It doesn't feel like we arrived there in an organic matter, it felt rushed.

I'm a little dismayed that the overarching theme of 'breaking the cycle' seems to have been tossed aside in favor of shock value. Dany was waxing poetic about breaking the wheel, and her actions last night seem to perpetuate the horrors of past monarchs. Jamie had an epiphany about the monstrosity Cersei had become and decided to do something about it when he fled King's Landing to join the fight in Winterfell. But oh wait, nevermind, it turns out he is and always will be under spell?
    For the record there, my friend I also expressed the worry that they didn't leave them enough time so, I'd like my apology as well, Ferny!!!! lol lol

Folks here have covered it better, but OMG were the writers lazy or what? Jaime and Cercesi in a cave-in?Give me a break. The Euron (how the fuck was he still alive?) and Jaime fight sequence? Bitch please!!! lol Clegane and his brother was a good combat, but wtf was the deal with Arya the badass slayer of Night Kings? Seemed like they had no idea what to do with her. Jon Snow, basically becoming a witness to the carnage for the most part, Jeesh I just don't know wtf they are/were thinking here in such a pivotal episode.

I sort of saw, Danys coming, but they were very subtle with the build up to her change of personality. Seems to me that the more she saw, Snow emerging on the throne the more resentful and hurt she was becoming, but they really didn't illustrate that change over very well to the "If I can't have it no one can" attitude that saw her very methodically wipe out Kings Landing and everything breathing therein including her own army if that be the case!!! Great visuals though!!! lol lol I suppose I could go on and on but what's the point? What we all feared would happen is happening!!!

So, bets on who will kill, Danys? I don't think it will be, Jon though it should be. I can see, Tyrion struggling with his emotions, but realizing in the end that she has to go and literally stabbing her in the back. Jon, will inherit the dragon perhaps, but in the end he will abdicate the throne to, Tyrion and leave to perform some other duties (rule Winterfell? nah can't see it) in some far off land. Sansa, will get Winterfell, Arya becomes the hand for, Tyrion and I'm not sure I really care about the rest of the remaining characters anymore. lol BTW, where the fuck was, Bronn? Thought I saw him on one of, Euron's ships. Could that be? lol

Such a shoddy way to wrap up such a dramatic and widely enjoyed show. Shame on you AT&T!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Inspired

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by fernandito View Post

For the record there, my friend I also expressed the worry that they didn't leave them enough time so, I'd like my apology as well, Ferny!!!! lol lol

Folks here have covered it better, but OMG were the writers lazy or what? Jaime and Cercesi in a cave-in?Give me a break. The Euron (how the fuck was he still alive?) and Jaime fight sequence? Bitch please!!! lol Clegane and his brother was a good combat, but wtf was the deal with Arya the badass slayer of Night Kings? Seemed like they had no idea what to do with her. Jon Snow, basically becoming a witness to the carnage for the most part, Jeesh I just don't know wtf they are/were thinking here in such a pivotal episode.

I sort of saw, Danys coming, but they were very subtle with the build up to her change of personality. Seems to me that the more she saw, Snow emerging on the throne the more resentful and hurt she was becoming, but they really didn't illustrate that change over very well to the "If I can't have it no one can" attitude that saw her very methodically wipe out Kings Landing and everything breathing therein including her own army if that be the case!!! Great visuals though!!! lol lol I suppose I could go on and on but what's the point? What we all feared would happen is happening!!!

So, bets on who will kill, Danys? I don't think it will be, Jon though it should be. I can see, Tyrion struggling with his emotions, but realizing in the end that she has to go and literally stabbing her in the back. Jon, will inherit the dragon perhaps, but in the end he will abdicate the throne to, Tyrion and leave to perform some other duties (rule Winterfell? nah can't see it) in some far off land. Sansa, will get Winterfell, Arya becomes the hand for, Tyrion and I'm not sure I really care about the rest of the remaining characters anymore. lol BTW, where the fuck was, Bronn? Thought I saw him on one of, Euron's ships. Could that be? lol

Such a shoddy way to wrap up such a dramatic and widely enjoyed show. Shame on you AT&T!!!!!!!
    Bronn kills Dany with an arrow meant for Tyrion lol who the hell knows with this shit writing.

Breaker Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

I have enjoyed the last 2 seasons, I have to own it. But they are no where near what this show once was, the greatest series ever. Toilet paper dragon, ninja dragon, make up your minds writers. So many story lines just dropped and forgotten...
    Wish List:
    Any of the following flatsigned or inscribed-
    It, Shining, Salem’s Lot, Mr. Mercedes, The Stand
    Brother ARC, Seed ARC

+ Reply to Thread
Page 63 of 69 FirstFirst ... 13 53 61 62 63 64 65 ... LastLast