Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 54 of 69 FirstFirst ... 4 44 52 53 54 55 56 64 ... LastLast
Results 1,326 to 1,350 of 1717

Thread: Winter Is Coming...The Game of Thrones Thread *spoilers*

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Lookwhoitis View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by fernandito View Post

Back in Winterfell, we have Arya and Sansa at each other's throats over a piece of evidence that involves Littlefinger. Littlefinger, who wrote the book on Manipulation. Are you telling me that Arya, who has been presented as one of the sharpest characters of the series, can't see that something is amiss?

Look, I know Bran is busy sitting in a tower being mopey all day, but he can't take 5 minutes of his busy schedule to divulge critical bits of information to keep them from killing each other?
    I have been having this argument with a friend by text. He thinks Littlefinger is fully in control. I do not think he is. Not only does Arya not see that something is amiss, she is multiple steps ahead of him. Anyone who does not think Arya is manipulating the manipulator is about to get Gamed.

All you have to do is:
    Spoiler:
    Follow the Cats Paw dagger. The dagger is very important. If you notice Arya GIVES the dagger to Sansa after their argument. This shows that she is a step (or three) ahead of Littlefinger. She KNOWS that Littlefinger has planted the scroll to try and engender an impasse between the sisters. Arya is graduating from being a little girl with a Kill List to someone who is actually playing the Great Game and using all of her Faceless Man skills in doing so. My guess is that Arya KNOWS that Littlefinger is false and is ALREADY setting him up to take the cats paw in the belly, which will be delivered by SANSA, after she lures him into her bed with the promise of that forbidden Stark woman poonanney that Littlefinger so covets. Littlefinger is a master manipulator and he will be wary as all get out but when he starts thinking with the little head over the big head, he is destined to fall. Arya KNOWS this and her behavior and actions are just a "part" that she is playing for ALL to see, just like the Mummers that she shadowed in Bravos. But her true motivation (the assassination of Baelish) is being set up and will be carried out in the near future. Arya is on point and anyone who doesn't see that better watch out for the Cats Paw

and as for Bran
    Spoiler:
    He sees the big Picture and knows all. He is also most probably the Night King
    I thought about your post too, and that's the only answer I'll accept. Arya needs to be the one gaming the gamer or this whole thing has been stupid.

Also, you don't need to Spoilerize your titles dude. It's already in the subject title.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

And I've read the Bran = Night King theory before, but I just don't see it. Would be a total mindfuck though.

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

Just read this article about The Night King, interesting that he probably knew the whole thing was going to happen....

This theory about The Night King is more terrifying than anything in Game of Thrones

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

I want to play a Game of Thrones game after this season is over. Everyone that plays puts in $20, winner takes all, second place gets their money back, some goes to the Haven Foundation, etc etc, whatever you guys want. Anyway, premise is this: For the final season, lots of people will die. I will make a list of all the relevant characters, and then everyone will fill out the list by choosing who kills them. And then to break the tie, you also choose who sits on the Throne and/or other positions (Hand, Night's Watch, etc) ... Just spitballing here, but this sounds kind of awesome in my head. Any takers?

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

And don't even get me started on all the teleportation going on. They must have shot that raven up with cocaine to get him to King's Landing so quickly.
    That battle was closer to the wall than you might think. Watch this nearly continuous scene from Bran's vision (which showed the white walkers congregating on the battle spot). Travel on foot through this terrain is long and hard, but when you literally go "as the crow flies" it's much, much quicker!

"A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
    Just read this article about The Night King, interesting that he probably knew the whole thing was going to happen....

This theory about The Night King is more terrifying than anything in Game of Thrones
    The Night King with greensight makes a lot of sense, and makes an already immensely formidable enemy even more terrifying.

To the article's point, there was an element of inevitability in the way that battle played out. The Night King was not surprised in the least to see Dany swoop in with her dragons. Hell, he even had a spear on-hand nearby.

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy View Post

The Night King with greensight makes a lot of sense, and makes an already immensely formidable enemy even more terrifying.

To the article's point, there was an element of inevitability in the way that battle played out. The Night King was not surprised in the least to see Dany swoop in with her dragons. Hell, he even had a spear on-hand nearby.
    And miles of chain to recover the downed dragon.

About the discrepancies in time that seem to be happening, one comment I read suggested that Bran might be manipulating time as well to suit his purposes. Interesting but another stretch.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Yeah, that's a stretch. There has been no indication thus far that he's able to manipulate time, only able to observe events.

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

I find it strange that while the Fire God and the Walkers are different, they both give their leaders the ability to bring people back from the dead.

Quote Originally Posted by Shannon View Post
    I find it strange that while the Fire God and the Walkers are different, they both give their leaders the ability to bring people back from the dead.
    The Drowned God also offers resurrection and in a round about sort of way so does the God of Many Faces.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Shannon View Post
    That's a good observation. I read this article a while back focusing on the relationship between Game of Thrones and the notion of faith/religion, and how each of the Starks (minus Sansa) are now imbued with powers associated with their affiliation

Jon - Lord of Light - Resurrection
    Bran - Old Gods - Greensight
    Arya - Faceless God - Impersonation

I wonder what - if any - impact these religions will have during the final stretch beyond the magical properties these and other characters have experienced thus far.

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Guys. Yesterday's episode annoyed the shit out of me.

The plan to capture an ice zombie always seemed a little idiotic to me, but last night cemented it. The writers needed an excuse for Viserion to show up North of the Wall and get turned by the Night King, unfortunately this meant Jon & Co. had to make bonehead decision after bonehead decision to get there. And that shot of the 5 of them fending off literally HUNDREDS of Wights without casualties just took me out of the scene completely.

Back in Winterfell, we have Arya and Sansa at each other's throats over a piece of evidence that involves Littlefinger. Littlefinger, who wrote the book on Manipulation. Are you telling me that Arya, who has been presented as one of the sharpest characters of the series, can't see that something is amiss?

Look, I know Bran is busy sitting in a tower being mopey all day, but he can't take 5 minutes of his busy schedule to divulge critical bits of information to keep them from killing each other?

And don't even get me started on all the teleportation going on. They must have shot that raven up with cocaine to get him to King's Landing so quickly.

This season has been extremely sloppy. I'm having trouble enjoying the Wow moments because the route we've taken to get there has been.. yikes.
    I can see where you're coming from with these. Honestly, I'm going to sound like a hypocrite because I kill The Walking Dead for doing some of this shit. I'm not sure why, but it hasn't bothered me in the least on GoT.

I know you are specifically referring to the point when it was just the 5 of them, but they did lose a few no names before that and Thoros. Those 5 aren't your normal warriors and they aren't exactly fighting skilled foes. It's just so badass it doesn't bother me.

At the end of the day, a lot of these issues are a byproduct of convenience. It's just impossible to get to the points they want to in 7 episodes. If this were the books, it would take up dozens of chapters. I certainly can see why it's annoying though.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post
    At the end of the day, a lot of these issues are a byproduct of convenience. It's just impossible to get to the points they want to in 7 episodes. If this were the books, it would take up dozens of chapters. I certainly can see why it's annoying though.
    This begs the question; why did HBO cut the seasons so short? Couldn't they have given 2 full seasons to allow the final stretch room to breath?

I mean it's not like they have another premium series waiting in the wings to take over after the show ends.

Two Gunslingers Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

This begs the question; why did HBO cut the seasons so short? Couldn't they have given 2 full seasons to allow the final stretch room to breath?

I mean it's not like they have another premium series waiting in the wings to take over after the show ends.
    Budget, dude... Budget.

This is the most expensive tv series ever made.

In effect the season is actually split in two because they need more production time because it is Winter (and they are shooting during actual real snow filled months). You still have one thirteen episode season. It is just split over two years to give them more production time to shoot it.

There can not be two thirteen episode seasons because it would be too expensive.
    Wanted
    CD Carrie Portfolio 719
    Dark Tower S/N LE's 171 or 203
    ANY Stephen King S/N LE #171 or 719

A Storm of Swords #218 or 346
    Ancillary Justice #455
    American Gods (+ SC Reader copy) #624

Michael Whelan original art
    DT VII: Michael Whelan Remarque

Goldmember ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Absolutely loved the banter between The Hound and the Ginger!

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Lookwhoitis View Post

Budget, dude... Budget.

This is the most expensive tv series ever made.

In effect the season is actually split in two because they need more production time because it is Winter (and they are shooting during actual real snow filled months). You still have one thirteen episode season. It is just split over two years to give them more production time to shoot it.

There can not be two thirteen episode seasons because it would be too expensive.
    Indeed it is, but it's also raking in FU money. It's the biggest show on the planet right now. The revenue they're bringing in through merchandise alone has to be through the roof. The biggest culprit is the dragons. The CGI is so expensive and they've been on a lot this year.

I think the better question is what's the rush to end the series? They could have done 7 episodes, but taken their time with things a little more. It shocked me to hear that they were only doing 2 more seasons after last year. Shows like this are usually milked for every cent. It would have also allowed Martin to catch up.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Maerlyn's Imp allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte's Avatar

My Mood
    Confused

I am not a sucker for "plausible impossibilities."
    Words have no power to impress the mind without the exquisite horror of their reality. Edgar Allan Poe

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Sorry guys... I watched this and drew a blank. Who saved Snow?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ICry4Oy View Post
    Absolutely loved the banter between The Hound and the Ginger!
    I also liked the banter between Tormund and Jon Snow. "You've never seen the south." "I've been to Winterfell." "That's the north." Tormund: Phthththtth.

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    Sorry guys... I watched this and drew a blank. Who saved Snow?
    Spoiler:
    Uncle Benjen Stark, the First Ranger of the Night Watch who faced the white walkers in the very first episode of season 1. He also helped Bran and Meera get back through the wall.

Maerlyn's Imp RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

For those asking about the number of episodes left, it doesn't have anything to do with budget. The producers of the show decided that they wanted seven seasons to tell the story they wanted. HBO didn't want their cash cow to go away. They compromised on two shorter seasons. The reason there is a longer wait between each season is all the extra production needed for these more epic final episodes.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

So, what did everyone think of last nights finale?
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Maerlyn's Imp RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

It was good. I liked how they played Littlefinger and gave him an unceremonious death. The parts with Cersei and Tyrion and Cersei and Jamie were tense and well acted. The Euron fake out was a good twist. The "Aegon" reveal being right before "Jon" hooked up with his aunt was funny (intentionally or not.) And the ice dragon was awesome.

All and all a solid finale.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by RUBE View Post
    It was good. I liked how they played Littlefinger and gave him an unceremonious death. The parts with Cersei and Tyrion and Cersei and Jamie were tense and well acted. The Euron fake out was a good twist. The "Aegon" reveal being right before "Jon" hooked up with his aunt was funny (intentionally or not.) And the ice dragon was awesome.

All and all a solid finale.
    Yeah, it was a good one IMHO

Spoiler:
    having not read the books (much to my sons' chagrin) I'm not sure of all the implications regarding. Jon & Dany. Important as I know they are!!!! What about, Tyrion? Next season?

Spoiler:
    I mean, we know, Dany is the bomb, but now what about, Jon and Tyrion? Amy thoughts?
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

+ Reply to Thread
Page 54 of 69 FirstFirst ... 4 44 52 53 54 55 56 64 ... LastLast