Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 25 of 69 FirstFirst ... 15 23 24 25 26 27 35 ... LastLast

Thread: Winter Is Coming...The Game of Thrones Thread *spoilers*

Little Bird Ka-mai has a spectacular aura about Ka-mai has a spectacular aura about Ka-mai has a spectacular aura about Ka-mai's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Finally got to watch the two eps. I was disappointed with the scene where Jon tells Mance why he's deserting - the book was so much better and more convincing, and it would have taken them all of five extra seconds to do that version instead. Oh well. I really don't like Margaery's face, but her character is so fucking conniving I love it.

Sansa and Bran are really growing up.

I can't wait until the plot really gets going. Weddings ftmfw!
    A lady always remembers her courtesies.

Soldier Boy Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta's Avatar

Yes... Bran really aged between this season and last! Must have had a major growth spurt!
    Buddy, you think you look strong? You’re wearing a cape.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

First of all, LOL @ Tyrion and Bronn asking Podrick to sit down and detail for them everything that happened at the brothel. Every show needs elements of comedic relief and this was handled superbly.

Something me and JB have been discussing - possibility that Theon's rescuer is actually Ramsay Snow? Pretty high, me thinks.

Even though I knew it was coming, the bit at the end where Jaime gets his hand sliced off was a powerful 'oomph' moment and a great way to end the ep.

Citizen of Gilead Empath of the White is on a distinguished road Empath of the White's Avatar

So the credits song threw me for a bit of a loop; thought I'd accidentally switched channels. This episode had all things good about the series. I can't wait to see what Dany's got planned.

Is Ramsay Snow related to Roose Bolton? Has Roose turned up yet? I know he's got a touch of sadism about him; I was told he makes Joffrey look like Mother Theresa.

I haven't read the books yet (except for AGOT), so I honestly thought everything would be fine. I'm looking forward to more Tywin scenes.

Kingslayer John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy

Ramsay Snow is otherwise known as the Bastard of Bolton. Roose Bolton's illegitimate son.
    "So many vows. They make you swear and swear. Defend the King, obey the King, obey your father, protect the innocent, defend the weak. But what if your father despises the King? What if the King massacres the innocent? It's too much. No matter what you do, you're forsaking one vow or another."

Soldier Boy Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta's Avatar

I loved when Cersei moved her chair and then Tyrion did the same! Sooo funny!

The ending song reminded me a lot of what they did with The ending of many of The Sopranos episodes!

Goldmember Melike will become famous soon enough Melike's Avatar

Finally a great episode. I really do not believe Daenerys will give one of her dragons.

Kingslayer John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy

Melike, I forget, you're on book two, right?
    "So many vows. They make you swear and swear. Defend the King, obey the King, obey your father, protect the innocent, defend the weak. But what if your father despises the King? What if the King massacres the innocent? It's too much. No matter what you do, you're forsaking one vow or another."

Goldmember Melike will become famous soon enough Melike's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by John Blaze View Post
    Melike, I forget, you're on book two, right?
    Just began reading second book.

Maerlyn's Imp sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Odetta View Post

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Loved, loved, loved the opening scene with Edmure failing to light the boat on fire with the longbow. Cheered when the Blackfish nailed it on the first try and started confidently walking away before the arrow even came down. So badass. He's always been one of my book favs.

I thought the whole table scene was great. There's so much subtext going on.

Overall, I've really enjoyed the first 3 episodes. Like the girl in the AT&T commercial, I want more. I feel that there is just so much going on with all the characters in these books that it's almost a sin to confine them to hour long episodes and only a 10 episodes a season. We want more, we want more HUHHHH, we really like it, we want more.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Quote Originally Posted by sgc1999 View Post
    Hey! You chopped my banana!!!!

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

DRACARYS!!

I've been waiting for this scene. A little surprised they didn't stretch it out a little longer. I figured it would be the climax to Dany's season 3 story. Not sure what else of importance they will fill her season with.

I was also happy to see the Craster's keep scene. It's amazing how well this show nails some scenes for me. It was literally how I had imagined it in my head. I'm always amazed how that happens with so many book/screen adaptations.

We also got to see Beric Dondarrion! Awesome.

Some things I'm worried about after 4 episodes. First is the lack of Stannis and Davos Seaworth. Both of these men become pretty important. I'm worried they aren't getting enough face time to be recognized by the audience. I feel because of this Davos' story is going to get drastically cut. I really like Davos a lot in the books and he becomes kind of the new Ned Stark for me. A pure good guy with a good moral center.

I'm also surprised Rob has received so little attention after 4 episodes. It's making me wonder if the season finale is going to be the
    Spoiler:
    Red Wedding
    . If they are going to end this season with the
    Spoiler:
    Red Wedding
    , then they better start setting that up and the only way to do that is by showing Robb more. I'm starting to think they will end season 4 with the
    Spoiler:
    Red Wedding
    . Not really sure how that will work.

I'm also a little disappointed with how they are handling Sansa and Littlefinger. They took away all the mystery and that's really too bad. I think the creators changed their minds too. Why else do you introduce Ser Dontos at the beginning of season 2 if you are not going to go that way for that story line? I also find it strange that during the "previously on Game of Thrones" before the first episode of this season they showed Ser Dontos. This hinted that we would see him and that his character would play a role, but he has yet to show up.

Overall, I'm really enjoying this season, but it's becoming more and more apparent that the depth and complexity of the characters and stories from the books are almost impossible to seamlessly fit into a 10 episode season. Season 1 worked great because it pretty much just follows the Stark family and is more confined. Then everything blows up and the characters are spread everywhere. We sometimes go 2 episodes without seeing some characters and even when they do show up, it's only for a scene. I have no problem following it because I've read the books, but I just hope the weight of the show is not collapsing on non-book readers.

Citizen of Gilead Empath of the White is on a distinguished road Empath of the White's Avatar

What was the thread they seemingly abandoned with Dontos (non-book reader here)? I really liked the scene with Cersei and Tywin; I'd love to see Tywin taking Joffrey to task for his sloppy leadership.

Two Gunslingers Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Fantastic ep! I really like the Queen of Thorns.

Crasters keep was crazy scene and the finale. OMG!
    Wanted
    CD Carrie Portfolio 719
    Dark Tower S/N LE's 171 or 203
    ANY Stephen King S/N LE #171 or 719

A Storm of Swords #218 or 346
    Ancillary Justice #455
    American Gods (+ SC Reader copy) #624

Michael Whelan original art
    DT VII: Michael Whelan Remarque

Maerlyn's Imp RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Empath of the White View Post
    What was the thread they seemingly abandoned with Dontos (non-book reader here)? I really liked the scene with Cersei and Tywin; I'd love to see Tywin taking Joffrey to task for his sloppy leadership.
    Dontos approached Sansa and promised to help her escape. Sansa doesn't learn Littlefinger is behind it until later.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

This episode was fucking fantastic. I'd go so far as to say that it's in my top three episodes of the entire show thus far.

One of the things that I'm really liking about the show is that it's doing a great job of fleshing out characters that come across as a bit .. one dimensional in the novels. Varys, for instance, is an infinitely more interesting character in the show than in the novels.

Also, The Queen of Thorns is bad ass. I wish she was my grandmother and that she read me bed time stories and berated me whenever I said something naive. Like a boss.

And LOL @ Brienne classifying SOMEONE'S HAND BEING CHOPPED OFF as a 'misfortune'.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by RUBE View Post
    Dontos approached Sansa and promised to help her escape. Sansa doesn't learn Littlefinger is behind it until later.
    Eh, that's really a non issue for me tbh. Having Littlefinger be revealed as the ultimate benefactor isn't that big of a twist where it merits this great mystery.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by feverishparade View Post
    Eh, that's really a non issue for me tbh. Having Littlefinger be revealed as the ultimate benefactor isn't that big of a twist where it merits this great mystery.
    True. I guess I'm more disappointed with the fact that we aren't seeing scenes of Sansa secretly going to the God's wood to pray and hatching plans with Dontos. I think this is kind of important to Sansa's growth as a character. This is where she starts to learn to lie and deceive. This is where she starts playing the Game of Thrones.

Instead she is going to be treated as a piece of luggage at some point and put on a boat.

Maerlyn's Imp RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post
    DRACARYS!!

I've been waiting for this scene. A little surprised they didn't stretch it out a little longer. I figured it would be the climax to Dany's season 3 story. Not sure what else of importance they will fill her season with.

I was also happy to see the Craster's keep scene. It's amazing how well this show nails some scenes for me. It was literally how I had imagined it in my head. I'm always amazed how that happens with so many book/screen adaptations.

We also got to see Beric Dondarrion! Awesome.

Some things I'm worried about after 4 episodes. First is the lack of Stannis and Davos Seaworth. Both of these men become pretty important. I'm worried they aren't getting enough face time to be recognized by the audience. I feel because of this Davos' story is going to get drastically cut. I really like Davos a lot in the books and he becomes kind of the new Ned Stark for me. A pure good guy with a good moral center.

I'm also surprised Rob has received so little attention after 4 episodes. It's making me wonder if the season finale is going to be the
    Spoiler:
    Red Wedding
    . If they are going to end this season with the
    Spoiler:
    Red Wedding
    , then they better start setting that up and the only way to do that is by showing Robb more. I'm starting to think they will end season 4 with the
    Spoiler:
    Red Wedding
    . Not really sure how that will work.

I'm also a little disappointed with how they are handling Sansa and Littlefinger. They took away all the mystery and that's really too bad. I think the creators changed their minds too. Why else do you introduce Ser Dontos at the beginning of season 2 if you are not going to go that way for that story line? I also find it strange that during the "previously on Game of Thrones" before the first episode of this season they showed Ser Dontos. This hinted that we would see him and that his character would play a role, but he has yet to show up.

Overall, I'm really enjoying this season, but it's becoming more and more apparent that the depth and complexity of the characters and stories from the books are almost impossible to seamlessly fit into a 10 episode season. Season 1 worked great because it pretty much just follows the Stark family and is more confined. Then everything blows up and the characters are spread everywhere. We sometimes go 2 episodes without seeing some characters and even when they do show up, it's only for a scene. I have no problem following it because I've read the books, but I just hope the weight of the show is not collapsing on non-book readers.
    The event in your spoiler boxes definitely happens this season. In an Entertainment Weekly article they all but said it by saying there was an event so notorious that they would even mention its name or the initials of its name because they might spoil it.

Country
    Country Flag

Awesome episode! It felt like everything was almost straight out of the books (with a few minor changes that can be overlooked.) It had a great fight scene, gave a lot of the mythology, and set up the rest of the season. Well done.

Oh and despite it being the wrong person singing the song, it was effectively creepy and ended the episode well.

Where are they going to end this? I am assuming book 3 is going to be split up a little into next season?

Architect Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany's Avatar

My Mood
    Angelic

Where are they going to end this? I am assuming book 3 is going to be split up a little into next season?
    http://screenrant.com/game-thrones-s...ls-aco-160936/
    People love frozen yogurt. I don't know what to tell you.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Awesome episode! It felt like everything was almost straight out of the books (with a few minor changes that can be overlooked.) It had a great fight scene, gave a lot of the mythology, and set up the rest of the season. Well done.

Oh and despite it being the wrong person singing the song, it was effectively creepy and ended the episode well.
    Totally agree. The show can't capture everything that makes the books great and there are some differences, but I've told myself not to worry about that stuff. I'm glad too because this is one of the greatest shows in the history of TV.

The production values alone are through the roof. The acting and writing is almost perfect. I just hope everybody is appreciating the show for what it is because when it's done, it's going to be a long time to find another that operates on this level.

Just sit back, relax and enjoy the ride.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 25 of 69 FirstFirst ... 15 23 24 25 26 27 35 ... LastLast