Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 38 of 69 FirstFirst ... 28 36 37 38 39 40 48 ... LastLast

Thread: Winter Is Coming...The Game of Thrones Thread *spoilers*

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

"Fly."

Love it.

Can Toi Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck's Avatar

New Zealand (pronounced Noo Zeeland if you want to get the accent right...)
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Yeah that was pretty cool.

Another excellent episode.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Wow, by the Seven... that was fucking insane. Even by Game of Thrones standards, that was a dark, dark, dark episode.

Like Rube mentioned, that scene had been foreshadowed practically since Season 2 - Melisandre telling Stannis that he would "betray his family, betray everyone he loves" as they started into the fire - but it was still so ... jarring, heart breaking to listen to her screams as she burned alive. That is one of the few advantages television has over novels, moments like these become exponentially unbearable because we have to see and hear it. No hiding behind words. Wow. Ballsy move by the writers.

We were deftly reminded on Stannis' zealot mindset; he is willing to forsake whatever shred of humanity he has left to fulfill what he sees as his rightful destiny. Even sacrifice his own blood. For the past two seasons the show had been painting him as some kind of hesitant anti hero, whose actions we were willing to partially blind ourselves to because it was "for the good of the realm", but this... the rug has been swept out from under us, and Stannis can never, ever go back.

No point in mincing words at this point in the season, the Dorne storyline has been an utter failure. The one low point this season. It's not entirely the show runners fault however, Martin had nothing for Jaime or Bronn to do in the latter novels and the show had few alternatives other than have them spin their wheels lest their storyline becomes an obstruction to others.

The Gladiator esque scene at Mereen was fantastic. The excellent fight choreography has been an unsung hero this season, heck, the entire show for that matter. I'm a little annoyed that the Sons of the Harpy were able to infiltrate the arena so easily. I mean, doesn't Dany's security detail check denizens for flamboyant, sun reflecting golden masks!?

And how awesome was it to see Drogon just annihilating everyone? It gave me chills watching him mow down the Sons en legion.

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by fernandito View Post
    What about a show tackling the era of the First Men first meeting the Children of the Forest, or the first encounters with the Others?
    Yup, gimme' that too.

Quote Originally Posted by RUBE View Post
    Having read the books that are out so far means that tonight was the first time I was truly surprised by a Game of Thrones episode. There have been little changes that weren't great (like Barristan) but none of them had the impact of Shireen's fate. They have been fore-shadowing the heck out of it but I thought they would actually come up with a way out. This maybe a spoiler for a future book but I am going to hold out hope it is not. Next week on Game of Thrones: the enemy-flaying, traitors of the north versus the kin-slaying, fanatic from the south. (maybe?)
    I don't know what they have in store for the finale, but I know what the final scene will be.
    Spoiler:
    Jon Snow dead (or so they want us to believe) this will be the most talked about episode in TV since the Red Wedding. People love Jon Snow, myself included. Don't believe me? Go on YouTube and watch reaction videos of the Hardhome episode. People were so worried about Jon, especially women. Most viewers will think he's out of the woods, until the final scene, where people will proceed to lose their shit.

Wow, by the Seven... that was fucking insane. Even by Game of Thrones standards, that was a dark, dark, dark episode.

Like Rube mentioned, that scene had been foreshadowed practically since Season 2 - Melisandre telling Stannis that he would "betray his family, betray everyone he loves" as they started into the fire - but it was still so ... jarring, heart breaking to listen to her screams as she burned alive. That is one of the few advantages television has over novels, moments like these become exponentially unbearable because we have to see and hear it. No hiding behind words. Wow. Ballsy move by the writers.

We were deftly reminded on Stannis' zealot mindset; he is willing to forsake whatever shred of humanity he has left to fulfill what he sees as his rightful destiny. Even sacrifice his own blood. For the past two seasons the show had been painting him as some kind of hesitant anti hero, whose actions we were willing to partially blind ourselves to because it was "for the good of the realm", but this... the rug has been swept out from under us, and Stannis can never, ever go back.

No point in mincing words at this point in the season, the Dorne storyline has been an utter failure. The one low point this season. It's not entirely the show runners fault however, Martin had nothing for Jaime or Bronn to do in the latter novels and the show had few alternatives other than have them spin their wheels lest their storyline becomes an obstruction to others.

The Gladiator esque scene at Mereen was fantastic. The excellent fight choreography has been an unsung hero this season, heck, the entire show for that matter. I'm a little annoyed that the Sons of the Harpy were able to infiltrate the arena so easily. I mean, doesn't Dany's security detail check denizens for flamboyant, sun reflecting golden masks!?

And how awesome was it to see Drogon just annihilating everyone? It gave me chills watching him mow down the Sons en legion.
    I'm glad you led with the Stannis storyline, most people are going to remember the ending scene with Drogon from this episode more than anything. For me though, it's Stannis turing into an official vilain that stands out for me. A lot of people hated Stannis before he burned his only daughter alive. I can't imagine how they feel about him now. I actually have always liked Stannis, but I can't root for him now.

As for Dorne, I completely agree. That thread has been a mess this year, and it's too bad. I really love the Sand Snakes from the book and I also love the setting of Dorne. I'm not sure what they could have done, but this just didn't work. Honestly, and I know they don't want to introduce new characters, but I would have introduced Arys Oakheart and stuck to the story in the books. I think that would have honestly just worked better. As for Jaime, I would have put him back with Brienne. She has also been nonexistent this year.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post

I'm glad you led with the Stannis storyline, most people are going to remember the ending scene with Drogon from this episode more than anything. For me though, it's Stannis turing into an official vilain that stands out for me. A lot of people hated Stannis before he burned his only daughter alive. I can't imagine how they feel about him now. I actually have always liked Stannis, but I can't root for him now.

As for Dorne, I completely agree. That thread has been a mess this year, and it's too bad. I really love the Sand Snakes from the book and I also love the setting of Dorne. I'm not sure what they could have done, but this just didn't work. Honestly, and I know they don't want to introduce new characters, but I would have introduced Arys Oakheart and stuck to the story in the books. I think that would have honestly just worked better. As for Jaime, I would have put him back with Brienne. She has also been nonexistent this year.
    I've been waiting for him to reconnect with Brienne as well. And I agree about the Dorne story. It's been kinda blah. I would rather they not include it at all and focus on the other storylines they've got going on.

As for the the rest of the last nights episode, I loved it. The final scene was fantastic. Wasn't expecting that at all. I loved the reappearance of Drogon. As for Stannis, well that was heartbreaking.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Heather, I'm still impressed by how quickly you caught up with the show lol.

Maerlyn's Imp RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

To start the season it seemed we would have a lot of Brienne because she was in the first three episodes but her story bogged down with the "waiting for a sign" bit. They should have at least showed her training Pod.

As for the finale, I know what is coming with most plotlines but the Stannis/Davos/Ramsay/Reek/Sansa/Brienne/etc. knot they are tying seems too big to end this season with all the other plotlines going on. I wonder if it will be left until next season
    Spoiler:
    like the books left it until TWOW. That might mean no "pink letter" unless Davos' message fills that role but "for the watch" is going to happen either way. Hopefully it doesn't just involve Olly because that has been over-emphasized this year taking a little shock away from what should have been more of a blind-side betrayal. A number of people on an unsullied forum have already called it.

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

It's torture that I have to wait a week now and can't continue on immediately. I don't know how I'm going to last a year

Maerlyn's Imp RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I like how you went from knowing nothing about the show to having an Arya avatar in less than a month. And yes the wait is tough but not as bad as the wait for the books.

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post
    It's torture that I have to wait a week now and can't continue on immediately. I don't know how I'm going to last a year
    I know one way you can quench your thirst for Game of Thrones as you wait the long year...

Spoiler:
    Read the books?

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Or play Skyrim.

I like how you went from knowing nothing about the show to having an Arya avatar in less than a month. And yes the wait is tough but not as bad as the wait for the books.
    I don't envy you there. It'd be hard to start a long series knowing that it's not finished yet.

I know one way you can quench your thirst for Game of Thrones as you wait the long year...

Spoiler:
    Read the books?
    I've tried a few times but can never get past the first chapter. And considering how confused I get with the series I can't imagine how lost I'll be when reading them

Or play Skyrim.

You know, I often think of Skyrim when watching the show. It reminds me so much of it

Architect Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany's Avatar

My Mood
    Angelic

I don't envy you there. It'd be hard to start a long series knowing that it's not finished yet.
    I have been telling my show only friends to not even bother reading the books now.
    People love frozen yogurt. I don't know what to tell you.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Spoiler:
    Read the books?
    I've tried a few times but can never get past the first chapter. And considering how confused I get with the series I can't imagine how lost I'll be when reading them

Or play Skyrim.

You know, I often think of Skyrim when watching the show. It reminds me so much of it
    I'm surprised you can't get into the books. Once they get going, they're really good. I think you'd enjoy them.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Spoiler:
    Read the books?

Or play Skyrim.

I'm surprised you can't get into the books. Once they get going, they're really good. I think you'd enjoy them.
    I tried too... LOVE the show... but the books did not capture me...
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Little bit of trivia for you folks; the actor underneath the Night's King make up is the guy who played Joe Chill in Batman Begins

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Not bad.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I can't believe this Sunday is the season finale already.

Goldmember Melike will become famous soon enough Melike's Avatar

Drogon's anger and love to his mother is incredible. In the show sometimes monsters are more human, like in real life.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Is everyone's body ready for the finaleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

I'll have to watch it tomorrow morning when I return from work. It's going to be hard staying away from GoT threads on other message boards I visit.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by WeDealInLead View Post
    I'll have to watch it tomorrow morning when I return from work. It's going to be hard staying away from GoT threads on other message boards I visit.
    You better go off the grid and wear earmuffs when going outside.

I can't believe the season is over either. It was a satisfying finale. For the first time on this show, I'm really curious to see where the story is going. I need that 6th book asap.

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Without having read the books (and trying to stay away from spoilers), I have to say NO WAY ...

Spoiler:
    ... is Jon Snow dead. When other characters were killed, it was always a "Holy shit, they're really dead!" moment. With this, it's more of a "IS he dead?" moment. And because of that, there's o way they'd let one of their most beloved character go out like that.

All in all, another excellent episode (not as good as the previous two, but still far superior than most other shows out there) and now the wait begins for the sixth season.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 38 of 69 FirstFirst ... 28 36 37 38 39 40 48 ... LastLast