Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 65 of 69 FirstFirst ... 15 55 63 64 65 66 67 ... LastLast
Results 1,601 to 1,625 of 1717

Thread: Winter Is Coming...The Game of Thrones Thread *spoilers*

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Oh I didn't even know. I never watch them live and my dvr usually cuts off during the credits.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

"I will, however, say for the record — no, THE WINDS OF WINTER and A DREAM OF SPRING are not finished. DREAM is not even begun; I am not going to start writing volume seven until I finish volume six

It seems absurd to me that I need to state this. The world is round, the Earth revolves around the sun, water is wet… do I need to say that too? It boggles me that anyone would believe this story, even for an instant. It makes not a whit of sense. Why would I sit for years on completed novels? Why would my publishers — not just here in the US, but all around the world — ever consent to this? They make millions and millions of dollars every time a new Ice & Fire book comes out, as do I. Delaying makes no sense. Why would HBO want the books delayed? The books help create interest in the show, just as the show creates interest in the books.

So… no, the books are not done. HBO did not ask me to delay them. Nor did David & Dan. There is no “deal” to hold back on the books. I assure you, HBO and David & Dan would both have been thrilled and delighted if THE WINDS OF WINTER had been delivered and published four or five years ago… and NO ONE would have been more delighted than me."

So much for that idiotic theory.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by WeDealInLead View Post
    "I will, however, say for the record — no, THE WINDS OF WINTER and A DREAM OF SPRING are not finished. DREAM is not even begun; I am not going to start writing volume seven until I finish volume six

It seems absurd to me that I need to state this. The world is round, the Earth revolves around the sun, water is wet… do I need to say that too? It boggles me that anyone would believe this story, even for an instant. It makes not a whit of sense. Why would I sit for years on completed novels? Why would my publishers — not just here in the US, but all around the world — ever consent to this? They make millions and millions of dollars every time a new Ice & Fire book comes out, as do I. Delaying makes no sense. Why would HBO want the books delayed? The books help create interest in the show, just as the show creates interest in the books.

So… no, the books are not done. HBO did not ask me to delay them. Nor did David & Dan. There is no “deal” to hold back on the books. I assure you, HBO and David & Dan would both have been thrilled and delighted if THE WINDS OF WINTER had been delivered and published four or five years ago… and NO ONE would have been more delighted than me."

So much for that idiotic theory.
    LOL was not a theory though... it was someone that worked on the show stating so. That is called: A lie.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Rabbit Trick View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post
    Also I just saw that there is going to be a 2 hr documentary airing on the 26th that goes behind the scenes of this season.
    There has been a "behind the scenes" after every episode this season. It will just be these joined together.
    The two-hour documentary, which is due for release 26th May, features a whole load of behind-the-scenes footage, and interviews with the cast and crew.

Watch the trailer here: https://www.cosmopolitan.com/uk/ente...kit-harington/

Maerlyn's Imp RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Is there a way to post a picture here without putting it on the internet first? I went to visit the "catspaw blade" prop that is on the Texas A&M campus with GRRM's collection after The Long Night episode and wanted to share. I meant to do it earlier but the negativity towards the show distracted me.

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by RUBE View Post
    Is there a way to post a picture here without putting it on the internet first? I went to visit the "catspaw blade" prop that is on the Texas A&M campus with GRRM's collection after The Long Night episode and wanted to share. I meant to do it earlier but the negativity towards the show distracted me.
    You have to post the picture somewhere on the internet. You could use the Gallery on this site.

Goldmember Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future

My Mood
    Inspired

What a FUCKING JOKE. These asshats should be fucking ashamed about what they did to this series.

Maerlyn's Imp allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte's Avatar

My Mood
    Confused

What is all the storytelling of Jon's lineage, and Bran stating Jon is the true heir to the iron throne, to get Bran as the king and Jon back into the night's watch? How can there be a night's watch when the dead destroyed it?
    Why are the wildlings going back north of the wall when the whole series they are trying to get south of the wall?
    If Bran can't be the true heir to Winterfell because he is the three eyed raven but he can be the king of Westeros, how is that probable and why does he now want it?
    Bron is master of coin.....fucking really?

Better storytelling an writing could have made episode 5 make more sense (I really liked this episode) but it moved too fast and I do get how Dany became who she was. I felt her and Jon's talk by the iron throne didn't validate Jon's actions as much if she would have been more stern or angry. What do I know. We have Martin to blame for this travesty. Is this ending as bad as Lost or Dexter?
    Words have no power to impress the mind without the exquisite horror of their reality. Edgar Allan Poe

Servant of Gan Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I never saw Dexter but I thought the ending of Lost sucked. Right up there with St. Elsewhere. And now this. I am not buying anymore anything from Martin unless it is the next book and final book in the series. He's just gone Hollywood.
    Looking for FAB8 CD Number 439

Two Gunslingers Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by allasorte View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Kingfan24 View Post
    Not sure if anyone has heard of rumors of how this all ends, but if true, the ending is going to suck.
    What’s the rumor?
    Two endings. Jon kills Dany, Drogon takes her body and flies away, Jon is guilty and joins the night watch, a democratic council is made.
    Jon kills Dany, Drogon takes her body and flies away, Jon is guilty and joins the night watch, a democratic council votes Bran the King. Some more tidbits where unsullied go east to free slaves Tyrion dies before hand for betraying Dany or imprisoned, but that's the gist of it.
    man I'm sure glad I didnt read your spoiling post.
    Wanted
    CD Carrie Portfolio 719
    Dark Tower S/N LE's 171 or 203
    ANY Stephen King S/N LE #171 or 719

A Storm of Swords #218 or 346
    Ancillary Justice #455
    American Gods (+ SC Reader copy) #624

Michael Whelan original art
    DT VII: Michael Whelan Remarque

Two Gunslingers Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

why is there a Nights Watch still if all the wights are dead? LOL
    Wanted
    CD Carrie Portfolio 719

Ancillary Justice #455

Goldmember Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future

My Mood
    Inspired

Not sure if anyone has heard of rumors of how this all ends, but if true, the ending is going to suck.
    What’s the rumor?
    Two endings. Jon kills Dany, Drogon takes her body and flies away, Jon is guilty and joins the night watch, a democratic council is made.
    Jon kills Dany, Drogon takes her body and flies away, Jon is guilty and joins the night watch, a democratic council votes Bran the King. Some more tidbits where unsullied go east to free slaves Tyrion dies before hand for betraying Dany or imprisoned, but that's the gist of it.
    That wasn’t just a “theory” that was mostly correct. Someone leaked a few truths and a few lies.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Lookwhoitis View Post
    What’s the rumor?
    Gotta admit he pretty much nailed it!!! Good job, Dude!!!

Goldmember ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Yeah the season was very rushed but I still liked it. Sue me.

Breaker Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ICry4Oy View Post
    Yeah the season was very rushed but I still liked it. Sue me.
    I agree, could have been waaaaaaay better, but I still enjoyed it. Dragons=cool!!!!!
    Wish List:
    Any of the following flatsigned or inscribed-
    It, Shining, Salem’s Lot, Mr. Mercedes, The Stand
    Brother ARC, Seed ARC

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    What’s the rumor?
    nailed what? reading a leak off the internet and then posting it before the ep (not wrapped in spoiler tags) LOL. REALLY glad I averted my eyes upon seeing it after it was first posted
    Wanted
    CD Carrie Portfolio 719

Ancillary Justice #455

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    What’s the rumor?
    nailed what? reading a leak off the internet and then posting it before the ep (not wrapped in spoiler tags) LOL. REALLY glad I averted my eyes upon seeing it after it was first posted
    Geez, have you ever considered "Anger Management" therapy? lol j/k lol

Gunslinger Apprentice Kongo is just really nice Kongo is just really nice Kongo is just really nice Kongo is just really nice Kongo is just really nice Kongo's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

If we all had it our way, the show would be several seasons longer. That being said I was still satisfied with the ending. Most of our hero characters got a happy ending, including Jon who people seem to think is being punished. I can understand if the story didn't wrap the way you were hoping, but it seems some people are being overly critical.

My Mood
    Inspired

Quote Originally Posted by Kongo View Post
    If we all had it our way, the show would be several seasons longer. That being said I was still satisfied with the ending. Most of our hero characters got a happy ending, including Jon who people seem to think is being punished. I can understand if the story didn't wrap the way you were hoping, but it seems some people are being overly critical.
    People are being critical because the show was a rushed mess. Not because it didn’t end the way they wanted it.

Gunslinger Apprentice Kongo is just really nice Kongo is just really nice Kongo is just really nice Kongo is just really nice Kongo is just really nice Kongo's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Kongo View Post
    People are being critical because the show was a rushed mess. Not because it didn’t end the way they wanted it.
    So are you not happy with any of the conclusions the characters reached? Obviously the show would of benefited from more seasons, but it had to end. The show is clearly it's own thing, and the books are their own

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I honestly don't know where all the hate is coming from. Just a bunch of butt hurt people because every single story didn’t work out exactly like their fan fiction.

The finale of this show is now destined to join LOST as two unfairly and misunderstood finales. Most people hate on the LOST finale because they just plain didn't understand it.

It's a shame that some people are letting their feelings from this season, especially the final two episodes, ruin the entire series for them. That just doesn't make sense. Whether or not you agree with how things turned out, people should still appreciate the amazing ride.

The ironic thing is we are all on a website dedicated to a series of books that, by and large, were incredibly disappointing at the end. The one thing we should have all come away with is that it's not always about the end, it's about the journey. I for one had a blast on this journey. This is a show that we will more than likely never get again. The utter scope and scale is something that is unlike anything we have ever seen before.

As for the episode, I enjoyed it and was satisfied. Yes, I have my issues. I would have liked to have seen how they found out about Dany's murder. The fact that the Unsullied and Dothraki didn't start a war as soon as they learned of Dany’s death is a little implausible.

Most of my issues with the show this season stem from the 6 episode run. I really believe the show could have used those extra 4 episodes. I just don’t subscribe to the idea that the entire show is terrible now that the final few episodes didn’t turn out the way people wanted.

My biggest disappointment is how Jaime and Cersei’s death was handled. I needed a better resolution there. I’m not saying I wanted to see her torn apart or dragged through the streets, but I needed more than being crushed by stones. Also, the show worked so hard turning Jaime from a rapist, child pusher into a hero that people cared about, only for him to go crawling back to his sister.

The other thing that annoys me just talking to friends and people at work is how bad people are at watching TV. I have conversations with people who have watched since day one and can’t tell you what a Targaryen is and others who don’t know who Theon is. At that point, your opinion is invalid to me. I’m not saying you have to teach a Game of Thrones Master’s Class, but give me a fucking break.

As for lingering questions from the finale, it’s been stated that White Walkers tend to pop up every once in a while. Just because they are gone, doesn’t mean they will stay gone. The Wildings are just more comfortable beyond the wall. Plain and simple.

Bronn is the Master of Coin. Who gives a shit. If something like that is going to tank the show for you, I don’t know what to tell you.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Just watched it. Not as bad as I was expecting. And like Servant said.... neither was Lost. Did they miss opportunities? Oh shit yeah.... many. Did they screw up some characters arcs? Yep. 100%. All in all... I’ll take it for what it was... a TV show. Meant to entertain... and that it did.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Breaker Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    Just watched it. Not as bad as I was expecting. And like Servant said.... neither was Lost. Did they miss opportunities? Oh shit yeah.... many. Did they screw up some characters arcs? Yep. 100%. All in all... I’ll take it for what it was... a TV show. Meant to entertain... and that it did.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Agree completly
    Wish List:
    Any of the following flatsigned or inscribed-
    It, Shining, Salem’s Lot, Mr. Mercedes, The Stand
    Brother ARC, Seed ARC

Maerlyn's Imp allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte's Avatar

My Mood
    Confused

As a whole GOT is not ruined for me, simply the rush job with missing material from the book author and his TV counterparts. I didn't feel the redirection of all the build up was properly represented or placed. Regardless, I didn't like how it ended. I am fine with some of the characters and how their stories ended, just not with what was allegedly going to be. It is what it is. I am curious if 20 years from now if this story will be remade, and if so, will the books be completed and we would get a totally different ending. That would be interesting.
    Words have no power to impress the mind without the exquisite horror of their reality. Edgar Allan Poe

+ Reply to Thread
Page 65 of 69 FirstFirst ... 15 55 63 64 65 66 67 ... LastLast