Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free

Thread: Symbol of Eld, alternate meaning?

Traveler Sefear is on a distinguished road Sefear's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Default Symbol of Eld, alternate meaning?

Ok so I was messing around with word the other day and happened to type the letter "c" in Wingdings 2 font and the Eld symbol came up; very weird.. I also noticed the symbol on a university's faculty of arts banner.

Just out of curiosity, does the symbol of Eld mean something else outside of the dark tower series? I'd imagine a high profile university wouldn't have a random symbol (that no one other than DT readers) would understand in the faculty's banner.

Here are the links to..
    Wingdings font: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Wingdings2.png
    Laurier university, Faculty of arts: http://www.wlu.ca/homepage.php?grp_id=35

Or who knows maybe ka is trying to send us a message

"Battles that last 5 minutes spawn legends that live a thousand years"

damned and saved Letti will become famous soon enough Letti will become famous soon enough Letti's Avatar

Hungary (till I move to Fatu Hiva with Brice)
    Country
    Country Flag

I don't think it has any meanings outside of the Dark Tower series. But it can be a very good feeling when you suddenly see it for example in the street on some random board because it is a Wingdings 2 character indeed.

Roland would have understood.

Gunslinger Apprentice beam*seeker will become famous soon enough beam*seeker's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

its 19 dude
    People are always talking about truth.Everybody knows what the truth is,like it was toilet paper or somethin...All there is is bull*...One layer of bullshit on top of another...what you do in life...pick the layer of bull* that you prefer...