+ Reply to Thread
Page 30 of 33 FirstFirst ... 20 28 29 30 31 32 ... LastLast

Thread: The Dark Tower Q&A - Ask a question, get an answer! *spoilers*

Traveler kerzol is on a distinguished road kerzol's Avatar

My Mood
    Mellow
    Country
    Country Flag

it came to me when i red the ending of dt once more, well Jake and Eddie were in a world that had takuro spirit, nozzola and such, isnt that the world struck with that horibble disease, that the ka-tet encounterd when they got of blaine mono? I mean they are all together once again but for 10 years or so, because later they'll die from the disease that they discovered after getting of blaine? (sory about any spelling mistakes;p)

Army of the 12 Monkeys pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by kerzol View Post
    it came to me when i red the ending of dt once more, well Jake and Eddie were in a world that had takuro spirit, nozzola and such, isnt that the world struck with that horibble disease, that the ka-tet encounterd when they got of blaine mono? I mean they are all together once again but for 10 years or so, because later they'll die from the disease that they discovered after getting of blaine? (sory about any spelling mistakes;p)
    That's kind of deep, actually. I believe that those products just mean that that world is not the same one as "Keystone Earth," not that it necessarily is the same one as DT4, or the same one as The Stand original edition, or the same one as The Stand "complete" revision, or even the same one as the later catastrophe novel Cell... but tragedy and death do still exist in the multiverse. Roland could not wipe out the Crimson King. So who knows? Maybe their redemption really is meaningless after all.

Traveler Cuthbert_Allgood is on a distinguished road Cuthbert_Allgood's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Default Help!!!

Very interesting, there are so many mind boggling implications when Roland finally reaches the tower.

However, I had a question I need answered pathofturtle (or anyone else that can help me find a clearer answer)

*SPOILER* for anyone who hasn't finished the series: When Roland reaches the tower he confronts Gan and creation but is then sent back to the Mohaine Desert where he began his journey. So really this reveals that Roland has reached the tower many times, suggesting that this journey is just endless repetition. A cycle, just like the wheel of "ka" that never ends. The only difference this time is that he has the horn of Arthur Eld with him, which hints to the reader that this time his journey may be slightly different. Now here is my question....

Why do you think Roland is being forced to repeat this journey in an endless cycle? Do you believe it is a punishment? If it is a punishment, then for what? Or is it just the nature of the multiverse? (That there is no true destination or ending, life is a neverending journey and cycle.

Please tell me any of your thoughts everyone, I am very curious about this.

Two Gunslingers Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

very leery on visiting this thread because I have only read through book 4 and don't want anything spoiled.

I am currently re-working my way through the series and am reading the Drawing of the Three.

My question is this:

How did Eddie go cold Turkey on smack when there were two pounds of Balazar's cocaine in Roland's world on the beach? I'm unsure if this is explained later. If so, I have forgotten it. I went back to just before the shootout and from what I can tell the drugs were still in the beach world. What becomes of them?

My belief is, if Eddie is fiending and cant ride the white horse, then he sure as hell is gonna jump on the white pony and turn into a tooter-fish.

What becomes of the two pounds of coke?
    Wanted
    CD Carrie Portfolio 719
    Dark Tower S/N LE's 171 or 203
    ANY Stephen King S/N LE #171 or 719

A Storm of Swords #218 or 346
    Ancillary Justice #455
    American Gods (+ SC Reader copy) #624

Michael Whelan original art
    DT VII: Michael Whelan Remarque

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Cuthbert_Allgood View Post
    Very interesting, there are so many mind boggling implications when Roland finally reaches the tower.

However, I had a question I need answered pathofturtle (or anyone else that can help me find a clearer answer)

*SPOILER* for anyone who hasn't finished the series: When Roland reaches the tower he confronts Gan and creation but is then sent back to the Mohaine Desert where he began his journey. So really this reveals that Roland has reached the tower many times, suggesting that this journey is just endless repetition. A cycle, just like the wheel of "ka" that never ends. The only difference this time is that he has the horn of Arthur Eld with him, which hints to the reader that this time his journey may be slightly different. Now here is my question....

Why do you think Roland is being forced to repeat this journey in an endless cycle? Do you believe it is a punishment? If it is a punishment, then for what? Or is it just the nature of the multiverse? (That there is no true destination or ending, life is a neverending journey and cycle.

Please tell me any of your thoughts everyone, I am very curious about this.
    I have delved into this in more detail in other related threads, but I believe that, Roland is a metaphor for mankind's progress as a species. As "Man" evolves, it is reflected in, Roland's quest and vice versa. My best guess.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Gunslinger Apprentice BountyHunter is on a distinguished road

Country
    Country Flag

Just wondering how Stephen King got away with 'the lion named Aslan' mentioned a couple of times in Wind. I don't see any 'Used with permission' notifications anywhere.

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by BountyHunter View Post
    Just wondering how Stephen King got away with 'the lion named Aslan' mentioned a couple of times in Wind. I don't see any 'Used with permission' notifications anywhere.
    Aslan is turkish for 'Lion' and is therefore not copyrighted.
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Lookwhoitis View Post
    very leery on visiting this thread because I have only read through book 4 and don't want anything spoiled.

I am currently re-working my way through the series and am reading the Drawing of the Three.

My question is this:

How did Eddie go cold Turkey on smack when there were two pounds of Balazar's cocaine in Roland's world on the beach? I'm unsure if this is explained later. If so, I have forgotten it. I went back to just before the shootout and from what I can tell the drugs were still in the beach world. What becomes of them?

My belief is, if Eddie is fiending and cant ride the white horse, then he sure as hell is gonna jump on the white pony and turn into a tooter-fish.

Roland put it in the rocks under some grass while Eddie was on the other side of the door before the gunfight with Balazar. When they went back to the beach Eddie had to take care of Roland. Eddie didn't know where it was and since he wasn't a coke head, but a junkie, it probably didn't even come to mind at first. They headed up the beach and left it behind. I don't think that coke was discussed again until after Roland drew Detta/Odetta.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Br!an View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Lookwhoitis View Post

My question is this:

Roland put it in the rocks under some grass while Eddie was on the other side of the door before the gunfight with Balazar. When they went back to the beach Eddie had to take care of Roland. Eddie didn't know where it was and since he wasn't a coke head, but a junkie, it probably didn't even come to mind at first. They headed up the beach and left it behind. I don't think that coke was discussed again until after Roland drew Detta/Odetta.
    The water took it...
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    The water took it...
    I remember that Roland was worried the water would take it. He thought that Eddie would need it to get his brother back so he brought it up the beach and put it in the rocks.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    The water took it...
    I remember that Roland was worried the water would take it. He thought that Eddie would need it to get his brother back so he brought it up the beach and put it in the rocks.
    You are 100% correct. Was just left behind then...
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

There were some mighty effed-up lobstrosities seen in the region shortly thereafter.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Bev Vincent View Post
    There were some mighty effed-up lobstrosities seen in the region shortly thereafter.
    Rock Lobster

Gunslinger Apprentice BountyHunter is on a distinguished road

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by stroppygoblin View Post
    Ah, I see.

Pretty sure he meant Aslan from the Narnia stuff, though.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by stroppygoblin View Post
    Ah, I see.

Pretty sure he meant Aslan from the Narnia stuff, though.
    He certainly meant Aslan the lion of Narnia. It doesn't infringe upon copyright because it falls under the definition of "fair use." It doesn't infringe upon a trademark because there is no trademark for the word pertaining to the character.

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

Same way he was able to use Harry Potter sneetches -- it's homage rather than copyright violation.

Traveler itsmejoe37 is on a distinguished road

Weird questions, so I take it Roland is damned, now is Eddie, Sues, and Jake damned too? Does the story change every time he completes the tower? Does time revert itself?

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by itsmejoe37 View Post
    Weird questions, so I take it Roland is damned, now is Eddie, Sues, and Jake damned too? Does the story change every time he completes the tower? Does time revert itself?
    His recovery of the horn seems to indicate that things can change. Perhaps next time he'll get further in his quest.

Traveler bennylava will become famous soon enough

1. When you get to the end of "The dark tower", you find out about the red king. He's apparently stuck on some balcony of the dark tower, unable to ascend and get to the top. Why was he stuck?

2. What exactly was the Crimson King? Supposedly a were-spider, but he was only in human form at the end. Where exactly did he come from and how did he get to be the king? Its all very vague. And why would the people have served a spider man? Seems like they would have killed him.

3. Why didn't Mordrid use his awesome psychic powers to kill Roland or the rest? Seemingly, he only used them to kill the man in black. There were a couple of other things he killed, but it didn't seem that he used this ability to do so.

4. Why is Roland just starting the quest over again? What purpose could that possibly serve? Now he has the horn, but that gives no indication of how many times he has completed the quest previously. I'm not really asking about the quality of the ending, just why. Also it makes no indication that he's somehow regained his missing fingers, or regressed in age back to when he started the quest. It seems to me like he could only do it once, perhaps twice more before he simply died due to age combined with the punishment that the quest gives him. That is unless, every time he enters the door, he's completely healed and de-aged. But none of that was said.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by bennylava View Post
    1. When you get to the end of "The dark tower", you find out about the red king. He's apparently stuck on some balcony of the dark tower, unable to ascend and get to the top. Why was he stuck?

2. What exactly was the Crimson King? Supposedly a were-spider, but he was only in human form at the end. Where exactly did he come from and how did he get to be the king? Its all very vague. And why would the people have served a spider man? Seems like they would have killed him.

3. Why didn't Mordrid use his awesome psychic powers to kill Roland or the rest? Seemingly, he only used them to kill the man in black. There were a couple of other things he killed, but it didn't seem that he used this ability to do so.

4. Why is Roland just starting the quest over again? What purpose could that possibly serve? Now he has the horn, but that gives no indication of how many times he has completed the quest previously. I'm not really asking about the quality of the ending, just why. Also it makes no indication that he's somehow regained his missing fingers, or regressed in age back to when he started the quest. It seems to me like he could only do it once, perhaps twice more before he simply died due to age combined with the punishment that the quest gives him. That is unless, every time he enters the door, he's completely healed and de-aged. But none of that was said.

I gave an "asked and answered post in the other thread. You can enter further discussion there, no?
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post

I gave an "asked and answered post in the other thread. You can enter further discussion there, no?
    I had suggested using this thread to pose the questions thinking there would be more responses here.

Now you are suggesting to go back to the original thread.

Thanks for the help Bill.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I had suggested using this thread to pose the questions thinking there would be more responses here.

Sorry. Do whatever you think is best.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Country
    Country Flag

Sorry. Do whatever you think is best.
    It's fine. I think your answer on the other thread was as good an answer as any.

Along the Path of the Beam Jacqui will become famous soon enough Jacqui will become famous soon enough Jacqui's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I might be way off here, but I always thought that Calla Bryn Sturgis was on or near a hill. Is it?

I might be basing this idea on the fact that it has the word Bryn in its name

It's not on a hill, but surrounded by hills.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 30 of 33 FirstFirst ... 20 28 29 30 31 32 ... LastLast