Page 2 of 33 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: The Dark Tower Q&A - Ask a question, get an answer! *spoilers*

Rabid Billybumbler Ruthful is on a distinguished road Ruthful's Avatar

My Mood
    Sick
    Country
    Country Flag

pg. 609, hardbacked (Grant) edition, American

Right below the fourth subchapter in Chapter III: The Castle of the Crimson King.

Salvation Comes w/ a Cost OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO's Avatar

Hooray for English majors. I'm and English Lit. undergrad right now. I would like to read your paper when you are finished if you wouldn't mind sharing it.
    There's one hole in every revolution, large or small. And it's one word long.. people. No matter how big the idea they all stand under, people are small and weak and cheap and frightened. It's people that kill every revolution.

Rabid Billybumbler Ruthful is on a distinguished road Ruthful's Avatar

My Mood
    Sick
    Country
    Country Flag

I was an English minor in college, with a concentration in American lit. I actually did do a twenty page paper on Stephen King for a seminar I was enrolled in during my senior year. It was a comparative research paper into gothic literature with a lot of comparisons to writers like Hawthorne and Poe, with an accompanying oral presentation. I don't think I even mentioned The Dark Tower, although I could be mistaken. I'll have to go and check.

This sounds like fun though.

Tell us how it works out, Robin.

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by robinscw View Post
    Anyone know which book that line is in? Even better, anyone know what page it's on?
    Grant Trade = Page 609
    Grant S/L Book 2 = Page 207
    Hodder & Stoughton UK Trade = Page 493

Roont Daghain is on a distinguished road Daghain's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Speaking as another English major, I'd like to read that paper, too.

"People, especially children, aren't measured by their IQ. What's important about them is whether they're good or bad, and these children are bad." ~ Alan Bernard

"You needn't die happy when your day comes, but you must die satisfied, for you have lived your life from beginning to end and ka is always served." ~ Roland Deschain

DT.Org's Official Sweetie Wuducynn will become famous soon enough Wuducynn's Avatar

Same here. Sounds great.
    "It's his eyes, Roland thought. They were wide and terrible, the eyes of a dragon in human form" - Roland seeing the Crimson King for the first time.

"When the King comes and the Tower falls, sai, all such pretty things as yours will be broken. Then there will be darkness and nothing but the howl of Discordia and the cries of the can toi" - From Song of Susannah

damned and saved Letti will become famous soon enough Letti will become famous soon enough Letti's Avatar

Hungary (till I move to Fatu Hiva with Brice)
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by robinscw View Post
    Y'all are amazing...thank you so much for the line...I had no idea people knew the series so well.

Thanks again.
    We have some incredible minds here, my friend.

Roland would have understood.

Traveler robotstump is on a distinguished road

Default QUICK QUESTIONS! Fast answers for Drawing of the Three

In the beginning of Drawing of the Three. Is Roland actually INSIDE eddie or is he just watching him invisible. And where exactly are they? A BAR?

Mother of Dragons Erin will become famous soon enough Erin will become famous soon enough Erin's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Eddie is on an airplane. Roland finds a door on the beach titled "The Prisoner". When he opens it, he can see through Eddie's eyes. When he steps through the door, he enters Eddie's body and can control his movements.
    I am Daenerys Stormborn and I will take what is mine. With fire and blood.

Citizen of Gilead She-Oy is on a distinguished road She-Oy's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Yes, I believe Roland is actually "inside" of Eddie like a person who needs to be exorcised.

As strange as that is, King really makes it work for the purpose. Makes it believable.
    It's peanut butter jelly time!

Oh shit!
    I understand now! Thanks!
    Whats up with all the drugs and stuff then?

Goldmember Kevin will become famous soon enough Kevin will become famous soon enough Kevin's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

If you're in the middle of a chapter, finish it. It'll all become clear, my friend.

Plus, I dont want to spoil anything.

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Yer bob, Roland is inside Eddie and looking through his eyes.

Eddie's running drugs for a local drug dealer. If you're not there already, keep reading, it's about to get real good.

alright haha thanks a lot. I jsut felt completely lost....like I missed something. Thanks.

Citizen of Gilead TerribleT is on a distinguished road TerribleT's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Roland's conciousness is inside of Eddie, his body is is not. His body remains next to the door.

The White! MonteGss is on a distinguished road MonteGss's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I would like to read your paper as well.

DT.Org's Official Sweetie Wuducynn will become famous soon enough Wuducynn's Avatar

:?: What the hell does to "darkle and tinct" mean? *spoilers*

Fuck if I know..my idea is that its shifting between realities. What do you all think?
    "It's his eyes, Roland thought. They were wide and terrible, the eyes of a dragon in human form" - Roland seeing the Crimson King for the first time.

"When the King comes and the Tower falls, sai, all such pretty things as yours will be broken. Then there will be darkness and nothing but the howl of Discordia and the cries of the can toi" - From Song of Susannah

Breaker Storyslinger will become famous soon enough Storyslinger will become famous soon enough Storyslinger's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

It looks like it would make a great candy bar name

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

I believe it is meant to imply that he uses magic to move about.

Dark magic.
    The kindness of close friends is like a warm blanket

Yeah, "TRY THE NEW DARKLE AND TINCT BAR, AND SEE THE DIFFERENT LEVELS OF THE DARK TOWER!!"

Breaker Storyslinger will become famous soon enough Storyslinger will become famous soon enough Storyslinger's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by All_Hail_The_Crimson_King View Post
    Yeah, "TRY THE NEW DARKLE AND TINCT BAR, AND SEE THE DIFFERENT LEVELS OF THE DARK TOWER!!"
    Now with almonds!

Seriously, I would figure it an act of his dimingness qualities

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

My interpretation has always been that darkle and tinct mean the ability to shift between the various dimensions and times at will.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Quote Originally Posted by Brice View Post
    My interpretation has always been that darkle and tinct mean the ability to shift between the various dimensions and times at will.
    Yeah, same here. Interesting when Patrick says that Los' darkles and tincts at the time he was trying to capture his image with his mind..its as if Los' is always doing that..shifting between dimensions and times. Makes sense.

Roont jayson is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by All_Hail_The_Crimson_King View Post
    ... Interesting when Patrick says that Los' darkles and tincts at the time he was trying to capture his image with his mind..its as if Los' is always doing that..shifting between dimensions and times. Makes sense.
    Think about it, the two characters it is used in reference to are Roland and Los. These are the two we all seem to agree are singular entities, without twinners, able to move between worlds as themselves and by their own doing in most cases. I think the phrase describes this nature.

Quote Originally Posted by R_of_G View Post
    Think about it, the two characters it is used in reference to are Roland and Los. These are the two we all seem to agree are singular entities, without twinners, able to move between worlds as themselves and by their own doing in most cases. I think the phrase describes this nature.
    Good call. But also remember Legion is described as darkling and tincting..so Roland and Los' aren't the only ones.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 33 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast