Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Rocky Wood's Stephen King collection for sale

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

Default Rocky Wood's Stephen King collection for sale

Rocky is selling his collection via Overlook Connection to pay medical bills. He explains it all here.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

There are some amazing items there. Expensive, but amazing.

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

There will be more in coming days, too. And I typo'd in the subject line. Should be Wood's instead of Woods'.

Servant of Gan Pasiuk57 is a jewel in the rough Pasiuk57 is a jewel in the rough Pasiuk57 is a jewel in the rough Pasiuk57's Avatar

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

Very sad story.

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

A very sad story, indeed.

*edit* I would like to buy an item to support Rocky's cause but as usual, the OC website refuses to work properly upon checking out (it needs to auto-refresh to change the destination country to The Netherlands but then it simply freezes). Is somebody willing to get me the 1976 Cosmopolitan with 'SALEM'S LOT excerpt? I'll pay for all expenses of course.

Demon of the Prim Cutter has a spectacular aura about Cutter has a spectacular aura about Cutter's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking
    Country
    Country Flag

This is very sad. I'll try to buy something.
    Geoff

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Very sad.
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Citizen of Gilead pixiedark76 will become famous soon enough pixiedark76 will become famous soon enough pixiedark76's Avatar

My Mood
    Bored
    Country
    Country Flag

I will pray for Rocky Wood and his family. Plus I will send him some good mind. (Why don't we all send him some good mind.)

Guardian of the Beam ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Overlook is still not working for me...

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

It didn't work for me at first, but now it seems to be okay. I'm not sure what the problem was/is.

John

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

:-(
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
    ------------------------------------------------

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

Yes, that's depressing news, very sorry to hear it.

What do the items with prices of $0.00 mean?
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

Goldmember Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ur2ndbiggestfan View Post
    Yes, that's depressing news, very sorry to hear it.

What do the items with prices of $0.00 mean?
    SOLD

Banned Ric is an unknown quantity at this point

My Mood
    Angry

This is very sad. My best wishes go out to Rocky and his family.

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

I am very sorry to hear of this. My heart goes out to Rocky and his family.

Traveler Rocky Wood is on a distinguished road

Thank you all. Your kind words and support are of incalculable help to myself and my family at this very difficult time. The King community is simply the best

Banned Ric is an unknown quantity at this point

My Mood
    Angry

Thank YOU Rocky for all of your wonderful contributions to the community over the years!

You go and kick this things ass, ya hear?

Citizen of Gilead Dolso is just really nice Dolso is just really nice Dolso is just really nice Dolso is just really nice Dolso's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

We're rootin' for you!! A good, positive attitude can sometimes accomplish wonderful things!!!
    www.bookslipcase.com

Selling my collection of books and some cases

Gunslinger Apprentice DanishCollector will become famous soon enough

Yes, Rocky, you have been a pioneer in this field, I think. Hope all the best for you and yours.

Manni Folken The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Yeah Rocky, I'd like to echo everyone's sentiments. Thoughts are with you.

Two items that were quickly sold were two Locus magazines, each contining a letter from King, one about Pet Sematary, the other about Bare Bones. I've never heard of these letters before, and they must have been newly re-discovered pieces by Rocky and/or Justin. Anyone know the titles of these letters? Or perhaps they are untitled.

Gunslinger Apprentice nt07077 is on a distinguished road nt07077's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by DanishCollector View Post
    Two items that were quickly sold were two Locus magazines, each contining a letter from King, one about Pet Sematary, the other about Bare Bones. I've never heard of these letters before, and they must have been newly re-discovered pieces by Rocky and/or Justin. Anyone know the titles of these letters? Or perhaps they are untitled.
    An item you don't know about, impossible

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

LOCUS 274's letter is a response from King about a review of Pet Sematary.
    LOCUS 321's letter is very short, about BARE BONES, and King's irritation with being analyzed.

I'd reprint them but don't want to infringe on any copyright laws.
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

nt07077 : oh yes, I learn something new every day

ur2ndbiggestfan: I understand that, but can you give titles away, if they have any?

LOCUS 247; The only title it is under is 'LOCUS Letters' and it is treated as just that - a letter. Interesting info in the letter, PET SEMATARY was finished in May 1979 and sat in a drawer until discussions with Doubleday starting in September 1981.

LOCUS 321; Same as above, letter starting with "Dear Locus". King mentions BARE BONES being in their "Along Publishers Row" column and that he did not write the book nor authorize it and "am, in fact, heartily tired of being analyzed." Hmm, I think I will now analyze this letter. (No, just kidding)

Oh, and by the way I did not buy these LOCUSes from Overlook. They are part of my personal collection. I subscribed to LOCUS for many years before dropping them about 5 years ago.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast