Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 80 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 59 ... LastLast

Thread: Dark Tower Same-Number Sets: Who owns them?

Servant of Gan e_taylor will become famous soon enough e_taylor's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks Eric...updated the list

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.
    Luke : Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand

Hankerin' for poundcake gsvec has a spectacular aura about gsvec has a spectacular aura about gsvec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

My 64s arrived today! Now to get pics of VII to Karen so I can get LSoE #64 and start my quest for Gunslinger #64 - wish me luck!!

This collecting stuff is a sickness! ~Patrick

Kate / Batwoman turtlex is on a distinguished road turtlex's Avatar

My Mood
    Gay

Quote Originally Posted by gsvec View Post
    My 64s arrived today! Now to get pics of VII to Karen so I can get LSoE #64 and start my quest for Gunslinger #64 - wish me luck!!

Whoowhoo.

Congrats and good luck on your quest !
    The Man In Black Fled Across The Desert...

...And The Gunslinger Followed.

“I’m always on the Batman rule, sir.” - Kate Kane / Detective Comics 857

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Remember, Remember, The Fifth of November, The Gunpowder, Treason, and Plot.

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Best of luck in your "Dark Tower Quest"!

John

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by gsvec View Post
    Congrats on that acquisition and GOOD LUCK in the seach for the last piece of the puzzle. I put together one of my sets this way, pure luck I stumbled across a needed number on ABE many years ago. It's quite a thrill, let me tell you!

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.

Vagrant Dead Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking

Gretchen, I got it registered for you!

Congrats on the purchase. We may be able to locate the owner of #1 for you. If you would like.
    Promise me you'll always remember: You're braver than you believe, stronger than you seem and smarter than you think.

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

This was posted in The Collector's forums:

I have a DTI Gunslinger #142 that I am willing to trade for a DTI #216 to complete the set.

Rick Bernhardt
    rcbernhardt@comcast.net

Hankerin' for poundcake gsvec has a spectacular aura about gsvec has a spectacular aura about gsvec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Nerak View Post
    Gretchen, I got it registered for you!

Congrats on the purchase. We may be able to locate the owner of #1 for you. If you would like.
    That would be awesome, Karen!!! What do you need me to do? Just name it! Within reason, of course . . . hehe

This collecting stuff is a sickness! ~Patrick

Vagrant Dead Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking

If we find out who the person is, you send me a letter with your intentions (like you are willing to buy for said amount or willing to trade and have) and I mail it to them. If they are interested, they will contact you. Hopefully they still own it, cause it's strange that they only bought book 1.
    Promise me you'll always remember: You're braver than you believe, stronger than you seem and smarter than you think.

My Mood
    Gay

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...E:B:SS:US:1123

Dark Tower III - VII number 179 up on eBay.

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Set #432 is now up for sale on eBay from donnancastle. BIN is $10,400.

http://cgi.ebay.com/STEPHEN-KING-SIG...d=p3286.c0.m14

John

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Betts have Vol I , II, III, IV - Signed and numbered (#222) for sale for $8,500

Traveler h2so4trinker is on a distinguished road

Country
    Country Flag

Default #421

Hi Wiz!
    Very nice list you have made!

Just a small update, I bought the DT V, VI and VII on ebay in 2005. Ebay nick: h2so4trinker. I received mail from Karen today that she registered my DT VII.

Thanks Karen!

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

h2so4trinker, Good luck in finding I-IV! Finding those would be perfect!

John

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by h2so4trinker View Post
    Hi Wiz!
    Very nice list you have made!

Just a small update, I bought the DT V, VI and VII on ebay in 2005. Ebay nick: h2so4trinker. I received mail from Karen today that she registered my DT VII.

Thanks Karen!
    updated. Thanks for identifying yourself and welcome to the boards. Hope you stay. It's a great place to learn, whether you are a newbie or a long-time collector. Evryone benefits from the information shared here.

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Rabbit Trick View Post
    Betts have Vol I , II, III, IV - Signed and numbered (#222) for sale for $8,500
    updated. Thanks. I hadn't checked Bett's today

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Welcome, h2so4trinker! Please do stay and post. And good luck on your search for the other matching numbers.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

My Mood
    Gay

Set # 30 listed at eBay with a BIN of $10,500 from user "veryfinebooks".

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...E:B:SS:US:1123

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Gunslinger #276 about to get a new owner....

http://cgi.ebay.com/Stephen-King-The...d=p3286.c0.m14

Demon of the Prim Tatts4Life will become famous soon enough

Country
    Country Flag

OMG I wish I had the money to get a complete set numbered under 500. Just looking through this thread makes me wish I had been smarter and started collecting when I was younger. Maybe one day I will win the lottery and be able to afford a full set.

* goes off to beat self up for not collecting when I was younger

Goldmember Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Well, it's official now and I hope this doesn't sound like I'm bragging.

It took me a while to work, save and slave for this. With the market the way it's been, it took a lot of thought and 2nd thinking on my part. But I bought DT set complete #432. This used to belong to our very own Gunkslinger (Mike) who sold it to donnacastle (Bret) and now I own the complete numbered set.

Merry Christmas to ME

My wife told me not to expect anything else under the tree.

I need to check with Karen about registering my name to this number at Grant.

Again, I hope this doesn't sound like bragging. I'm just excited

Mulleins
    Cumberland VA

My Mood
    Gay

Woohoo!
    Merry Christmas to you indeed.

CONGRATULATIONS MULLEINS !!

Awesome!

Servant of Gan e_taylor will become famous soon enough e_taylor's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by mulleins View Post
    Well, it's official now and I hope this doesn't sound like I'm bragging.

It took me a while to work, save and slave for this. With the market the way it's been, it took a lot of thought and 2nd thinking on my part. But I bought DT set complete #432. This used to belong to our very own Gunkslinger (Mike) who sold it to donnacastle (Bret) and now I own the complete numbered set.

Merry Christmas to ME

My wife told me not to expect anything else under the tree.

I need to check with Karen about registering my name to this number at Grant.

Again, I hope this doesn't sound like bragging. I'm just excited

Mulleins
    Cumberland VA
    I don't think its bragging - but even if it is - who can blame you?!?!?!

CONGRATS!!!

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

It doesn't sound like bragging to me, either. Congratulations! It looks like you got a great price too.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 80 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 59 ... LastLast