Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 80 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 57 ... LastLast

Thread: Dark Tower Same-Number Sets: Who owns them?

Gunslinger Apprentice mikeyw is on a distinguished road

well heh, what can I say to that comment from Mrs DT herself!

thanks for that Nerek, its good to know there are so many other DT nuts out there too!......

Nothing to report on the trade front, but it is holidays so just better be patient (not one of my finer points!)

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

I was going through some old saved links, when I found this:

STEPHEN KING, DARK TOWER, III-VII, S/L, All #418 12/20/05

I was amazed the link still worked after nealy three years closed.

You can update the list to include that the buyer was shel9460
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Dark Tower 7 Artist Edition n/a
    The Waste Lands 1st Edition in Shrinkwrap $200
    1984 Grant Gift Edition of The Talisman $400
    Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED
    Signed 1st Edition of Storm of The Century (Paperback)

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by tippy4 View Post
    I was going through some old saved links, when I found this:

STEPHEN KING, DARK TOWER, III-VII, S/L, All #418 12/20/05

I was amazed the link still worked after nealy three years closed.

You can update the list to include that the buyer was shel9460
    Thanks Rick.
    I updated the buyer. I had it tracked thru July 2005 but missed the Dec 2005 auction update. Thanks.

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.
    Luke : Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand

Vagrant Dead Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking

Quote Originally Posted by mikeyw View Post
    well heh, what can I say to that comment from Mrs DT herself!

thanks for that Nerek, its good to know there are so many other DT nuts out there too!......

Nothing to report on the trade front, but it is holidays so just better be patient (not one of my finer points!)

It's Nerak, btw! lol
    Promise me you'll always remember: You're braver than you believe, stronger than you seem and smarter than you think.

Citizen of Gilead jemaher will become famous soon enough jemaher will become famous soon enough

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I am now the owner of dt1-7 set number 50!

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Congrats man! I will update the database right now.

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by jemaher View Post
    I am now the owner of dt1-7 set number 50!
    Congratulations! Very nice.

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Congratulations. A great accomplishment!

John

Billy Bumbler oy-the-brave will become famous soon enough oy-the-brave will become famous soon enough oy-the-brave's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Congrats, the Holy Grail and a nice number as well

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Congrats, jemaher!
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Servant of Gan Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed

Excellent purchase, jehamer!.

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Here is a new eBay auction complete same-number set from a fellow CT seller Halthebookie....for a cool $21,000!

http://cgi.ebay.com/STEPHEN-KINGS-DA...QQcmdZViewItem

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by wizardsrainbow View Post
    Here is a new eBay auction complete same-number set from a fellow CT seller Halthebookie....for a cool $21,000!

I contacted Hal (who I haven't spoken to in several years) and told him of my list here and that I had identified 52 complete same-number sets. He responded that he remembered selling me #32 awhile back and also that he was the proud owner of complete set #1.

How cool is that!

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

I contacted Hal (who I haven't spoken to in several years) and told him of my list here and that I had identified 52 complete same-number sets. He responded that he remembered selling me #32 awhile back and also that he was the proud owner of complete set #1.

How cool is that!
    VERY cool! I'm trying to think of something cooler than that and I am drawing a blank. Wow.

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Possibly, the complete of 19 (considering the series), but still I don't know. That's pretty awesome having #1.

Billy Bumbler oy-the-brave will become famous soon enough oy-the-brave will become famous soon enough oy-the-brave's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

For me #19 would be coolest, but #1 would not be too bad either

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I'd be happy to have either.
    Wiz, do you know if he obtained set #1 aftermarket, or was he the true #1 from the beginning?

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    I'd be happy to have either.
    Wiz, do you know if he obtained set #1 aftermarket, or was he the true #1 from the beginning?
    RF-
    I do not know that answer for sure, but I will ask him and report back here. He indicated that he sold a set when he acquired #1 so intuitively that says he got #1 in the after market. I just asked him how he acquired #1 and from whom (if he can share that info).

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

#1--Wow, that is amazing.

To me, much finer than 19 even though its a big number in the book. There is just something about #1
    The kindness of close friends is like a warm blanket

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

For me #1 would always be number one. What a great set to have.

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Here is the answer I got from Hal regarding set #1:

Hi David, Me and 2 other guys used to go over to Don Grant's house starting in the mid 70s. The 3 of us were Robert E Howard fans and Don was publishing those long before King. One of the 2 guys was the original owner of your #32. I originally had 2 sets but sold 1 set right away. Grant had a friend that helped him with his early publishing and there was an unverified rumor that he had originally owned up to 50 copies of the S&N first DT. The friend offered to sell me the #1 copy in the early 90's but the deal did not go through until several years later. I don't think that he will mind me telling you that his name is Dick Brisson. I know that he does not own a set of DT's at present and still don't know if that rumor was true, Thanks, Hal

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Great info. Thanks.

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

What a great story, thanks for sharing it, Wiz.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Psychopath William50 is on a distinguished road William50's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I wonder how long it took wizardsrainbow to write that first post. WOW!
    I have no faith in human perfectability. I think that human exertion will have no appreciable effect upon humanity. Man is now only more active - not more happy - nor more wise, than he was 6000 years ago. - Edgar Allan Poe

Bunch together a group of people deliberately chosen for strong religious feelings, and you have a practical guarantee of dark morbidities expressed in crime, perversion, and insanity. - H.P. Lovecraft

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by William50 View Post
    I wonder how long it took wizardsrainbow to write that first post. WOW!
    I agree, it is very impressive. He built up the list over a long period of time, starting it pre-TDT.com. He's been updating and lengthening the list for quite a while with a lot of help from other collectors.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 80 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 57 ... LastLast