Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 52 of 80 FirstFirst ... 2 42 50 51 52 53 54 62 ... LastLast
Results 1,276 to 1,300 of 1976

Thread: Dark Tower Same-Number Sets: Who owns them?

Rabid Billybumbler Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Interesting. The ABE seller is notorious for misleading info on books.
    Does anyone here personally know this individual?
    I’ve exchanged emails with the guy, very confusing, extremely high prices.
    I would buy from him if he’d budge a little more than 5% discount “check only on discounts”.
    To risky for me on the high priced items and not sure about the whole shrink wrapped thing.

“The battle between good and evil is endlessly fascinating because we are participants every day.” - Stephen King

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Long ago, I had some dealings with him. Some positive, at least one where I (as a novice collector) was ripped off.

Weedeater Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack's Avatar

I've also had mixed dealings. One limited edition sale was fine, one item that he had listed he "no longer had", and I saw the item he sold me - same number - listed again a few months later.

No sure if it's deliberate deceit or a lack of organization. Either way, ask questions before buying.

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

I very recently received a lettered Robert Bloch book from Copper Dragon Books, described as NEW in shrinkwrap, and the book was received exactly as stated. I am very happy with it and am thinking about buying a different lettered book by another author from this same seller, as soon as I get some money.
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

Traveler jander95 is on a distinguished road

I followed up with the seller and asked him to send pictures including the signature pages of DTIII and one other. He's got copy #711, not #117. I doubt that listing it as #117 was intentionally misleading, but it did get me thinking ...

I know buying a matched set comes with a premium, but is there a premium associated with the possibility of a matched set? (i.e., is 117 worth more than 711 simply because it's sub-500?)

Honky Mahfah MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Cool

Quote Originally Posted by jander95 View Post
    I followed up with the seller and asked him to send pictures including the signature pages of DTIII and one other. He's got copy #711, not #117. I doubt that listing it as #117 was intentionally misleading, but it did get me thinking ...

I know buying a matched set comes with a premium, but is there a premium associated with the possibility of a matched set? (i.e., is 117 worth more than 711 simply because it's sub-500?)
    I would say yes to that. My set is a mixed set and my LSOE dropped over night because it was higher than 800 and that's the number that WTTKH were being released. So I had to find a non-matching one.
    Which I did. But as I said, my LSOE dropped in value because of this.

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by MikeDuke View Post
    I would say yes to that. My set is a mixed set and my LSOE dropped over night because it was higher than 800 and that's the number that WTTKH were being released. So I had to find a non-matching one. Which I did. But as I said, my LSOE dropped in value because of this.
    If King ever does another DT book which is published by Grant, my guess is that only 500 will be signed by him. That would make all the WTTK over 500 worth quite a bit less than they are now.

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

I feel pretty confident that King does at least one more DT book through Grant...Jerricho Hill story....I was told by a solid source that this WAS going to happen. And i have a sneaking suspicion Mr. RT that your limitation theory MIGHT be correct...He started Gunslinger with 500 limitation so he MIGHT end with the same number...pure speculation people...I know NOTHING for certain.

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.
    Luke : Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Yes. There are collectors who are not interested in DT books numbered higher than #500.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Honky Mahfah MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Cool

That's why I am glad that my WTTKH is below number 500. Just in case. So I will have a mixed set minus a S\L GS. What can you do. At least from 2 on I have will S\L books (my GS is just a first ed). I did not know how the DT set worked when I bought my high number 3-7. Oh well. I am still pleased with what I have. Mixed set and all.

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by wizardsrainbow View Post
    I feel pretty confident that King does at least one more DT book through Grant...Jerricho Hill story....I was told by a solid source that this WAS going to happen. And i have a sneaking suspicion Mr. RT that your limitation theory MIGHT be correct...He started Gunslinger with 500 limitation so he MIGHT end with the same number...pure speculation people...I know NOTHING for certain.
    My assumption was that it was going to be released with the movie.
    Now I'd say that it would be relevant to publish it at the time of the tv series, since it will be related to Roland's youth... but I am definitely agreeing with you, he spoke so many times about it, he will tell that story
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
    ------------------------------------------------

Citizen of Gilead andyg75 is just really nice andyg75 is just really nice andyg75 is just really nice andyg75 is just really nice

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post
    Now I'd say that it would be relevant to publish it at the time of the tv series, since it will be related to Roland's youth... but I am definitely agreeing with you, he spoke so many times about it, he will tell that story
    Does anyone know what the best way to get in touch with Grant is? I’ve a matched set, and I believe that I need to register my number with them, but emails have gone unanswered. Any other suggestions? I’d hate to miss out on this final book. Thank you all
    Wanted:
    Carrie PS Publishing Lettered ‘G’
    Charlie the Choo Choo U.K. S/L #157
    Dark Tower Portfolio #157

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

He told me right to my face that there is another book coming I PRAY for a S/L!
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Si em, tow en can de lach jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by andyg75 View Post
    Does anyone know what the best way to get in touch with Grant is? I’ve a matched set, and I believe that I need to register my number with them, but emails have gone unanswered. Any other suggestions? I’d hate to miss out on this final book. Thank you all
    I usually email Robert through office [at] grantbooks [dot] com

There is also a direct email to him with robert [at] grantbooks [dot] com

Demon of the Prim Priest is a name known to all Priest is a name known to all Priest is a name known to all Priest is a name known to all Priest is a name known to all Priest is a name known to all Priest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    Yes. There are collectors who are not interested in DT books numbered higher than #500.
    On a Single book market I don't see such a correlation between number and price - the prices are quite stable regardless the number (excluding WTTKH) there below 500 has a premium as it might be the key to a new book.

Demon of the Prim Priest is a name known to all Priest is a name known to all Priest is a name known to all Priest is a name known to all Priest is a name known to all Priest is a name known to all Priest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Do not hesitate to re-send your request , when I tried to get in touch with Robert it took my aprox 6 months for the first contact ;D
    But Iam 100% sure that there will be a accreditation, when and if a new book comes so I would not worry a lot doing that now.

Citizen of Gilead andyg75 is just really nice andyg75 is just really nice andyg75 is just really nice andyg75 is just really nice

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jsmcmullen92 View Post
    I usually email Robert through office [at] grantbooks [dot] com

There is also a direct email to him with robert [at] grantbooks [dot] com
    Thanks Josh, I'll give those a try
    Wanted:

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Priest View Post
    Do not hesitate to re-send your request , when I tried to get in touch with Robert it took my aprox 6 months for the first contact ;D
    But Iam 100% sure that there will be a accreditation, when and if a new book comes so I would not worry a lot doing that now.
    Thanks Priest, I'm sure I have time still, I just like to get things in order early
    Wanted:

Jascar of the Wylde EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Priest View Post
    Thanks Priest, I'm sure I have time still, I just like to get things in order early
    My suggestion to make contact with Grant Books should be obvious; Look on the site for something they have for sale and place an order.
    We shall not cease from exploration and the end of all our exploring
    will be to arrive where we started and know the place for the first time.

T.S. Eliot -

Guardian of the Beam peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Is Grant notorious for being poor in responding to emails? I’ve emailed them four times over 12 months (yes, 12 months), from two different emails, to both of their emails, and had no response.

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

Still nothing from Grant here either.

However, next time someone's updating the list, my set (157) includes LSOE and TWTTKH
    Wanted:

Si em, tow en can de lach jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by peripheral View Post
    Is Grant notorious for being poor in responding to emails? I’ve emailed them four times over 12 months (yes, 12 months), from two different emails, to both of their emails, and had no response.
    Still nothing from Grant here either.

However, next time someone's updating the list, my set (157) includes LSOE and TWTTKH
    Sometimes they are good other times they are bad. I have not actually emailed them in some time so I do not know in recent years.
    You may just give the number on the website a try
    Spoiler:
    (603) 778-7191
    I know some people here know Robert decently so hopefully he is well.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by peripheral View Post
    sounds familiar

Citizen of Gilead OneFathom is a glorious beacon of light OneFathom is a glorious beacon of light OneFathom is a glorious beacon of light OneFathom is a glorious beacon of light OneFathom is a glorious beacon of light OneFathom is a glorious beacon of light OneFathom's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

A couple of new listings...

DTI (#64): $7,500 (ABE)
    TWTTK (#349): $1,000 (Ebay Auction)

Both have been added to the Google doc, found here.

Weedeater Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by OneFathom View Post
    A couple of new listings...

DTI (#64): $7,500 (ABE)
    TWTTK (#349): $1,000 (Ebay Auction)

Both have been added to the Google doc, found here.
    Exactly the two volumes I need to complete my unmatched DT S/L set. Sadly, the 9K-ish price tag is exactly the amount of money I don't have to spend on them.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 52 of 80 FirstFirst ... 2 42 50 51 52 53 54 62 ... LastLast