Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 47 of 80 FirstFirst ... 37 45 46 47 48 49 57 ... LastLast
Results 1,151 to 1,175 of 1978

Thread: Dark Tower Same-Number Sets: Who owns them?

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Mike,
    The cost to replace a Gunslinger DJ for a mint one, is going to be approx $400 - $500 if you can find someone willing to sell you one. You might want to bear that in mind if the original seller cannot locate one for you.
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Servant of Gan firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by stroppygoblin View Post
    Mike,
    The cost to replace a Gunslinger DJ for a mint one, is going to be approx $400 - $500 if you can find someone willing to sell you one. You might want to bear that in mind if the original seller cannot locate one for you.
    FWIW, it might end up being even more expensive. I offered 400 dollars to a member here that mentioned in a post that they might be willing to sell a mint 'slinger jacket and they didn't even humor me with a response. If 400 is lowball, then 500 might not be enough nowadays. You might have a different experience trying to procure one, but I wanted to mention it just so that you have as much info as possible when you make the decision. I hope it all works out.
    Looking for:
    - Philtrum Press Eyes of the Dragon RED #165
    - Fine Viking Eyes of the Dragon proof

Traveler ptso is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by amd013 View Post
    So far I have only unwrapped two books, The gunslinger and The waste Lands. here are some pictures of the damage to the gunslinger. I don't really notice signifant damage to the book. There is some damage to the top of the DJ, but I understand they can be replaced. However, the slipcase is soiled and I presume faded (I don't know what the exact shade should be since I have never seen one before). Is it possible to replace the slipcase?

Damage to DJ:
    Spoiler:

Damage to book, sorry these images are blurry, and then heavily compressed to upload, so hard to tell

Spoiler:

from an angle:

And the soiled slipcase. Can this be cleaned?

Spoiler:

Thanks for comments, suggestions, opinions on effect an value, etc.

Mike
    Mike, given a fine dust jacket for a rare book can be upwards of 50% or more of the total value, it would be expensive to replace. Also, the slipcase stains might also be tough to completely reverse. The bottom line is, as a collector, I probably won't pay $11k for the set given the damage to the key book.

-Paul

Rabid Billybumbler amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by firemonkey66 View Post
    Mike,
    FWIW, it might end up being even more expensive. I offered 400 dollars to a member here that mentioned in a post that they might be willing to sell a mint 'slinger jacket and they didn't even humor me with a response. If 400 is lowball, then 500 might not be enough nowadays. You might have a different experience trying to procure one, but I wanted to mention it just so that you have as much info as possible when you make the decision. I hope it all works out.

At this point I am more concerned about the slipcase. Is it possible to replace it?

Thanks,
    Mike
    Wanted:

'Salem's Lot Portfolio #606

Fairy Tale UK S/L

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Mike,

At this point I am more concerned about the slipcase. Is it possible to replace it?

Thanks,
    Mike
    David at betts has some spares. Alas the first couple books he doesn't have. I would say it be pretty tough... I would return the set if it were me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Guardian of the Beam peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    I would return the set if it were me
    I would agree. There comes a tipping point when you're spending so much on a book(s), you might as well have the perfect copy for a bit more $ rather than save and settle for the flaws.

Citizen of Gilead Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of

Good evening Mike.
    There are certainly dust jackets out there, as others have said it is whether anyone is willing to sell one. As regards the slip case, I do not believe I have heard of any spare cases.
    I agree with Kris, you will never be happy with the set as long as you know there are flaws with it. Similar to the one cracked tile in the bathroom, it's the only one you ever notice!
    Good luck whatever you decide to do.
    Kindest regards
    Alec.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Alec View Post
    Good evening Mike.
    There are certainly dust jackets out there, as others have said it is whether anyone is willing to sell one. As regards the slip case, I do not believe I have heard of any spare cases.
    I agree with Kris, you will never be happy with the set as long as you know there are flaws with it. Similar to the one cracked tile in the bathroom, it's the only one you ever notice!
    Good luck whatever you decide to do.
    Kindest regards
    Alec.
    The only person who likely would have a spare slipcase is Robert Weiner at Grant Books. Robert likely has DJ's for DTI.

Obtaining a slipcase or DJ from Robert will be near impossible. What few (if any) spares that Robert has would likely be for someone with a longstanding relationship with Grant books.

I know a few collectors that have DTI DJ's, but I've not heard of someone with a spare Fine condition DTI slipcase.

Gunslinger Apprentice ke7285 will become famous soon enough ke7285 will become famous soon enough ke7285's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

I have contacted Grant about a DT1 slipcase, response was no. The book I purchased from member here did not have a original slipcase, this was known before purchase.

Rabid Billybumbler amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks to everyone on their advise. I returned the books today. Ebay says seller has 6 days after delivery to refund my money. Fingers crossed. He does seem like a stand up guy, so I am sure there will be no problems.

I guess I got to own the set for a few weeks, although I never unwrapped the majority. (only unwrapped the gunslinger and the waste lands).

Oh, well, I was way ahead of schedule on my collecting goals for this year anyway.

Thanks,
    Mike
    Wanted:

'Salem's Lot Portfolio #606

Fairy Tale UK S/L

Servant of Gan firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks to everyone on their advise. I returned the books today. Ebay says seller has 6 days after delivery to refund my money. Fingers crossed. He does seem like a stand up guy, so I am sure there will be no problems.

I guess I got to own the set for a few weeks, although I never unwrapped the majority. (only unwrapped the gunslinger and the waste lands).

Oh, well, I was way ahead of schedule on my collecting goals for this year anyway.

Thanks,
    Mike
    For what it's worth, I think you did the right thing. The seller should have disclosed the problems with the Gunslinger. It's frustrating and disappointing to win an auction for something like that and then find out almost immediately that there are problems.
    Looking for:
    - Philtrum Press Eyes of the Dragon RED #165
    - Fine Viking Eyes of the Dragon proof

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks,
    Mike
    For what it's worth, I think you did the right thing. The seller should have disclosed the problems with the Gunslinger. It's frustrating and disappointing to win an auction for something like that and then find out almost immediately that there are problems.
    I agree. I could not have that in my collection...
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Yes, you did the right thing.

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Agreed....I have looked for DT I slipcases for 20 years...not a SINGLE ONE ever....DJs, yes, but extremely pricey today.

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.
    Luke : Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand

Guardian of the Beam peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post

Thanks,
    Mike
    I agree. I could not have that in my collection...
    And it's relisted, with amended description...

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Stephen-K...sAAOSwa~BYTtqF

Guardian of the Beam cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Just found out today that Kim at Camelot has #344 of LSOE and TWTTK to match the previous books (3-7) that I have on layaway from her. So now the search begins for Gunslinger and Drawing of the Three #344 - in case anyone ever runs across those
    Wanted:
    Gunslinger s/l #344
    Drawing of The Three s/l #344

“A good hockey player plays where the puck is. A great hockey player plays where the puck is going to be.” Wayne Gretzky

Rabid Billybumbler Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

^Very nice! Good luck!

Country
    Country Flag

Yeah, that's great news Chad... Closing in....

Citizen of Gilead OneFathom is a glorious beacon of light OneFathom is a glorious beacon of light OneFathom is a glorious beacon of light OneFathom is a glorious beacon of light OneFathom is a glorious beacon of light OneFathom is a glorious beacon of light OneFathom's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Anyone have any PC copies? Would love to make a trade! See my current inventory in the link below! Thanks!

Goldmember LokiJake will become famous soon enough LokiJake will become famous soon enough LokiJake's Avatar

Updating that with my recent Song of Susannah arrival, I now have #51 for all DT books except Wizard and Glass.

Despite ignoring 2 previous inquiries on my behalf, the shop i bought most of them from beginning of last year is going to try one more time to get a response via my hopefully perceived super generous offer. Crossing my fingers.
    Wanted:
    Wizard & Glass S/L #51 (can trade #229 in plastic)
    Song of Susannah S/L #51 (can trade PC or #293) Found 3/12

http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/...ction-LokiJake

Country
    Country Flag

I'm the proud owner of a complete set of #428 (I - VII, + LSOE + WTTK)

Citizen of Gilead OneFathom is a glorious beacon of light OneFathom is a glorious beacon of light OneFathom is a glorious beacon of light OneFathom is a glorious beacon of light OneFathom is a glorious beacon of light OneFathom is a glorious beacon of light OneFathom's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

For those actively looking for PC copies and copies #500 and below, I've started a Google doc that anyone can update.

***NOTE - - - > If you have a copy for sale, please add it to the list. Additional information (e.g. TDT user name) can be added in the NOTES section***

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by OneFathom View Post
    For those actively looking for PC copies and copies #500 and below, I've started a Google doc that anyone can update.

***NOTE - - - > If you have a copy for sale, please add it to the list. Additional information (e.g. TDT user name) can be added in the NOTES section***
    Nice work Colin, this is useful.

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by peripheral View Post
    I'm the proud owner of a complete set of #428 (I - VII, + LSOE + WTTK)
    UPDATED ON PAGE 1 LIST

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.
    Luke : Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand

Guardian of the Beam cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I have an incomplete set - #344 - I have DT3-VII, + LSOE + WTTK
    Wanted:
    Gunslinger s/l #344
    Drawing of The Three s/l #344

“A good hockey player plays where the puck is. A great hockey player plays where the puck is going to be.” Wayne Gretzky

+ Reply to Thread
Page 47 of 80 FirstFirst ... 37 45 46 47 48 49 57 ... LastLast