Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 41 of 80 FirstFirst ... 31 39 40 41 42 43 51 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,025 of 1978

Thread: Dark Tower Same-Number Sets: Who owns them?

Demon of the Prim Priest is a name known to all Priest is a name known to all Priest is a name known to all Priest is a name known to all Priest is a name known to all Priest is a name known to all Priest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by tippy4 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Freelancer View Post
    I often see books 1-V11 collected in a matched number, but there are actually 9 books in the complete set. Wind through the Keyhole is #4.5 and Little Sisters of Eluria is #0.
    Many of us do not count TLSOE or TWTTK as part of a complete set.

I do

Demon of the Prim Priest is a name known to all Priest is a name known to all Priest is a name known to all Priest is a name known to all Priest is a name known to all Priest is a name known to all Priest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by JacksAgain View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Priest View Post
    I often see books 1-V11 collected in a matched number, but there are actually 9 books in the complete set. Wind through the Keyhole is #4.5 and Little Sisters of Eluria is #0.
    Do you have records of matched number sets of all 9 nooks?
    Start with mine...#307
    Quote Originally Posted by JacksAgain View Post
    I've got DT II #307, bought directly from Grant. It had been ages since I touched the book (I have a separate list of the numbers), but went and rechecked the number tonight.
    öhm ... short question - so we got two guys here with the same book ?
    That was exactly my point, and I was wondering about the provenance of Freelancer's copy. One possibility: I am certainly not a major collector, yet over the years I have twice gotten two copies of a limited run with the same number, in both cases directly from the publisher, though neither was from Grant. With that history, it wouldn't shock me to find a duplicate had been generated. In both instances I had ordered two copies, and requested a specific number for one of the two - it still shouldn't have happened, but I can see how the it might. However, given Grant's requirement of owning a number to guarantee the next in the series, it seems any duplications would have become obvious quickly, though I've never heard any rumors of duplicates. On the other hand, obviously I didn't make use of DT II #307 in this manner, so it wouldn't have been caught for this specific book.

A more disturbing possibility is that Freelancer went hunting for DT II #307 for a premium, and someone modified a different copy.

I'm hopeful that the answer is much more benign, and Freelancer hit a wrong key - from the original list, #306 seems a likely candidate.

hope you are right, and he did not buy a "full set" maybe well wrapped in foil and did not check the numbers.
    But if he doesn't tell us we will not know.

From my POV a doublicate number from Grand would be quite a story - so i am very interested in this
    maybe Freelancer will tell us

Country
    Country Flag

one last thought that came

creating a #307 out of a fe. #30 to make a set a "complete" set and then sell it would be a crazy new shit way of "forgeing"
    I don't say that this is that case or stuff! , but i never thought of that option ...

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Oh I do. You don't? I could not imagine having my set missing those 2 books.....
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    Oh I do. You don't? I could not imagine having my set missing those 2 books.....
    I agree on that one...

Banned needfulthings is an unknown quantity at this point

"This looks like a complete S/L set to me"

Those with #801 & above may not feel that way.
    Spoiler:
    But they were fucked from the 2nd start The Drawing of the Three....WITH #501. I do feel Grant fucked up by redesigning the last two books with the BIGGER size & traycases (I think this was done after Donald die)Sometimes bigger is not always best.. I would LOVE For them to issue a 1st edition 2nd state S/L of the first 500 in the same size & slipcase as the 1st seven.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by needfulthings View Post
    Spoiler:
    But they were fucked from the 2nd start The Drawing of the Three....WITH #501. I do feel Grant fucked up by redesigning the last two books with the BIGGER size & traycases (I think this was done after Donald die)Sometimes bigger is not always best.. I would LOVE For them to issue a 1st edition 2nd state S/L of the first 500 in the same size & slipcase as the 1st seven.
    they are not going to do ;D
    but i would be in for sure.

At the moment the two are separated from the set, as they are just to big... annoying.

Traveler Freelancer will become famous soon enough

Default DT matched numbers - nine books

Apologies to everyone. My book number series is 370, not 307 as posted.

I was so sure of the number - till now - I didn't give it s second look.

I'm old...

Freelancer

Two Gunslingers Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by needfulthings View Post
    "This looks like a complete S/L set to me"

Those with #801 & above may not feel that way.
    Spoiler:
    Awesome display...
    Wanted
    CD Carrie Portfolio 719
    Dark Tower S/N LE's 171 or 203
    ANY Stephen King S/N LE #171 or 719

A Storm of Swords #218 or 346
    Ancillary Justice #455
    American Gods (+ SC Reader copy) #624

Michael Whelan original art
    DT VII: Michael Whelan Remarque

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

^ That it is!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Complete I to VII set #445 on sale ebay seller loopenberry

http://www.ebay.com/itm/THE-DARK-TOW...item419056800f

Demon of the Prim TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I may have posted previously but I have #180 of TWTTK, so it can't be complete. At this point in time, I'd most likely sell/trade to whoever has the rest of the 180 series, though I would eventually like to collect the #180s myself once I could pay for them.

I wonder how many are destroyed by families who didn't realize what they were?

Citizen of Gilead jcmanske is just really nice jcmanske is just really nice jcmanske is just really nice jcmanske is just really nice jcmanske is just really nice jcmanske's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Rabbit Trick View Post
    Complete I to VII set #445 on sale ebay seller loopenberry

http://www.ebay.com/itm/THE-DARK-TOW...item419056800f
    Proud owner of Vol. I-VII no. 445, but searching for LSOE and WTTKH. Please add me to the list.

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

Gunslinger #339 offered for sale as part of a group of books on 03/11/15 by seller rockb33.

LINK

I believe this is the first time this number has been seen.
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Dark Tower 7 Artist Edition n/a
    The Waste Lands 1st Edition in Shrinkwrap $200
    1984 Grant Gift Edition of The Talisman $400
    Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED
    Signed 1st Edition of Storm of The Century (Paperback)

Demon of the Prim AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Please update complete set #90 with TWTTK and LSOE to AKC....

Demon of the Prim goheat will become famous soon enough goheat will become famous soon enough goheat's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by AKC View Post
    Please update complete set #90 with TWTTK and LSOE to AKC....
    Congratulations on the full set, Tim!
    "God punishes us for what we cannot imagine." - Stephen King, Duma Key

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Atta boy!!!!!
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Congratulations, Tim!

John

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Congrats, Tim! I bet that plain old inscribed Gunslinger 1st is looking pretty boring compared to this!

Demon of the Prim AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks guys, not sure how long I'll own it but, hey, claim ownership while it is in my possession right!? May get it on the shelf and find that the set looks too damn good to get rid of it!

Still partial to my complete #415 set with the remarqued 'Slinger but I am sure they will get along with each other....

Country
    Country Flag

bazinga !!

Citizen of Gilead jcmanske is just really nice jcmanske is just really nice jcmanske is just really nice jcmanske is just really nice jcmanske is just really nice jcmanske's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Congrats, Tim! So happy for you! What a great haul.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by AKC View Post
    Thanks guys, not sure how long I'll own it but, hey, claim ownership while it is in my possession right!? May get it on the shelf and find that the set looks too damn good to get rid of it!

Still partial to my complete #415 set with the remarqued 'Slinger but I am sure they will get along with each other....
    Awesome achievement!!! Way to go, Tim!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Country
    Country Flag

DT Set #90 safe in the hands of AKC......

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations, Tim! They look great.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 41 of 80 FirstFirst ... 31 39 40 41 42 43 51 ... LastLast