Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 80 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 54 ... LastLast

Thread: Dark Tower Same-Number Sets: Who owns them?

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brice View Post
    I'd say the size and quality of your collection warrants finding a good carpenter/woodworker and having some built custom for them.
    I was actually going to have a go at it myself..... Now where's my Readers Digest Carpentry Manual?

Vagrant Dead Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking

Quote Originally Posted by tippy4 View Post
    I have #274 DT1, DT2-DT7 (missing DT3).
    Wiz doesn't want to update the page with my info

Big meanie!

I fixed it for you!
    Promise me you'll always remember: You're braver than you believe, stronger than you seem and smarter than you think.

Kate / Batwoman turtlex is on a distinguished road turtlex's Avatar

My Mood
    Gay

They are all kept in Brodart or plastic sleeves, in the fitted wardrobes in my spare rooms, at the top of the house. The rooms are constant temperature controlled, and the doors keep out any light. We do not use the top floor for anything else.

I do not have bookshelves for them yet, although I have searched in vain for anything suitable.
    Excellent. I can't wait to have a collection that requires the same sort of space, etc. Impressive to say the least.
    The Man In Black Fled Across The Desert...

...And The Gunslinger Followed.

“I’m always on the Batman rule, sir.” - Kate Kane / Detective Comics 857

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Remember, Remember, The Fifth of November, The Gunpowder, Treason, and Plot.

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Nerak View Post
    I have #274 DT1, DT2-DT7 (missing DT3).
    Wiz doesn't want to update the page with my info

Big meanie!

I fixed it for you!
    Thanks for the assist Karen!
    Tippy, sorry man. I sometimes get lost trying to follow all of the various threads and sometimes forget to go back and post or fix stuff that I mean to. No slight intended. My apologies!

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.
    Luke : Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand

Vagrant Dead Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking

s'ok, I got your back!
    Promise me you'll always remember: You're braver than you believe, stronger than you seem and smarter than you think.

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks Guys!

My Mood
    Lurking

Thanks Guys!
    Welcome

Citizen of Gilead jemaher will become famous soon enough jemaher will become famous soon enough

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by wizardsrainbow View Post
    ... With the help of many individuals, I have put together a comprehensive list of "known" owners. This is what my database shows (I would be grateful to any who could shed light on any numbers not accounted for below):

WE ARE AT 51 COMPLETE NUMBERED SETS ACCOUNTED FOR
    At least 3 COMPLETE PUBLISHER's SETS

#368 (not complete I sold to jmaher2006 on eBay 11/06)
    #371 (not complete I on sale at Bett's 4/07)
    #374 (not complete I-III eBay offered by ersk4 8/06)
    a few updates and corrections.....
    I dont think i have #368... check your sources. My records suck but i dont see it on my inventory.

I do own #308, 352, and 1-3 of #374
    Last edited by Patrick; 04-02-2008 at 09:04 PM. Reason: fixed quote markers

Citizen of Gilead jemaher will become famous soon enough jemaher will become famous soon enough

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

None of those are complete...any info on the current owners would be appreciated.

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

I updated #308, 352, 374.

I do not have detailed records of #368 which I have you down for, but in Nov 2006 you did buy several items from www.flatsigned.com and several from signedlimited. That's not to say you bought #368 from either of them.

I figure you would know if you owned #368, so I will delete that one from the list.

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

ok, Thanks

now own volume 1 and 2 of number 207... would love to get 3- 7 if anyone knows where they are.

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Congratulations, Jemaher. That's a real accomplishment!

John

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

Dark Tower S/L Set #179 3-7 on ebay 04/06/08 offered for sale by seller marcb115.

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Dark Tower S/L Set #179 3-7 on ebay 04/06/08 offered for sale by seller marcb115.
    Nice set.
    He has a typo in his booklist showing DTVI as #170 rather than #179. Oops.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

# 498 set (not complete) up on eBay

Servant of Gan e_taylor will become famous soon enough e_taylor's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

# 263 IV-VII on ebay right now, offered by seller artbrock

Also, out of curiosity, when the revised gunslinger comes out, there will technically be another 350 possible complete sets right? Obviously, they will be worth less, but will they still be considered "real" complete sets? and will this list be updated accordingly?

My Mood
    Lurking

Good question..

My opinion, because it won't include the original Gunslinger, that no, it shouldn't be updated.

Country
    Country Flag

Yah its really a grey area, it IS a numbered Gunslinger, but if you place it on a shelf in order of published year.... I'm not sure what I think... Given that I just bought a IV-VII set above 500 but below 850... for my personal purposes it'd be a complete set - but I think I'd have to agree that from a collectors stand point its not. It'll be one step above a II-VII set without #1.... but thats about it!

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by e_taylor View Post
    # 263 IV-VII on ebay right now, offered by seller artbrock

Also, out of curiosity, when the revised gunslinger comes out, there will technically be another 350 possible complete sets right? Obviously, they will be worth less, but will they still be considered "real" complete sets? and will this list be updated accordingly?
    Eric-

I was not planning on updating this list to account for the variations with the Revised Gunslinger. If someone else wants to take the lead and use this list as a foundation, please go right ahead. That's not being judgemental on my part, it's a labor/time thing.

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I agree, thats not a true "set"

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Having the revised rather than the original would not be a true matching set, in my opinion either. Sort of like a matching set, but with an asterisk.

The other question is, after this book's release, would it take all 8 books (both versions of the Gunslinger) to be considered a true matching set?

In other words, if someone had the original seven books, would you consider it somehow "short" if they didn't have the matching revised as well for some reason?
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I would say yes. For a true complete matching set, all eight volumes should be there.

(I'll never have one.)

John

Kate / Batwoman turtlex is on a distinguished road turtlex's Avatar

My Mood
    Gay

Hey Friends - with regards to the numbered sets, are the lower numbers more sought after. Say, for instance, I wanted to start collecting set # 27 (it's my lucky number) would that be harder to find than say, set 3 hundred something? Who has set 19?

Thanks.
    Long Days.
    The Man In Black Fled Across The Desert...

...And The Gunslinger Followed.

“I’m always on the Batman rule, sir.” - Kate Kane / Detective Comics 857

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Remember, Remember, The Fifth of November, The Gunpowder, Treason, and Plot.

Country
    Country Flag

Aside from maybe #1, #500, or due to its significance to the story, #19, I think all the sub-500 numbers are thought of as the same.

John - The revised Gunslinger really only offers The Little Sisters story extra, of which there was a sgn/ltd of 250 copies already... so if its needed, wouldn't there only be 250 complete sets?

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

But the s/l of Legends (where Little Sisters first appeared) was not published by Grant. To me, that makes a difference.

John

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 80 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 54 ... LastLast