Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 80 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 62 ... LastLast

Thread: Dark Tower Same-Number Sets: Who owns them?

Kate / Batwoman turtlex is on a distinguished road turtlex's Avatar

My Mood
    Gay

# 237 up for sale at eBay.
    BIN at $20,000

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...E:B:SS:US:1123
    The Man In Black Fled Across The Desert...

...And The Gunslinger Followed.

“I’m always on the Batman rule, sir.” - Kate Kane / Detective Comics 857

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Remember, Remember, The Fifth of November, The Gunpowder, Treason, and Plot.

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by turtlex View Post
    BIN at $20,000

Yeah Pam. I saw that early this morning too. Good luck with that price! Never happen.

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.
    Luke : Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand

Goldmember Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by wizardsrainbow View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by turtlex View Post
    BIN at $20,000

Yeah Pam. I saw that early this morning too. Good luck with that price! Never happen.
    The seller name sounds familiar. Anyone recognize?

Mulleins
    Cumberland VA

My Mood
    Gay

Oh, first page states : #237 **** (I-VII complete owned by dbutler92562 tdt.com 07/08 )

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Rabid Billybumbler Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold

Yeah, the days of $20K are behind us, for at least a few years probably...

I think $9K is a reasonable price, assuming one can be very patient.

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

The seller lowered the BIN price to $15K.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

My Mood
    Gay

Hey Patrick!

Welcome back. Hope you had a good trip and all is well.

Yes, I thought this BIN was a tad high. I've seen 14k a couple of times, but never so high as 20.

Gunslinger Apprentice mikeyw is on a distinguished road

Today is a very exciting day, and is really the culmination of 22 years collecting - I now have a complete matching set of The Dark Tower - number 207.

I have several people who deserve huge thanks for helping me bring the final pieces together. First of all Nerak(Karen) for acting as broker and repository for the books, and for sharing in my lunacy, and just being all round brilliant, and of course to Robert at DMG too for allowing me free reign with couriers and of course starting all this off too!...

Then to Jemaher (jay), whose massive co-operation and kindness in allowing me to swap the 207's he had for the 129's I had meant this all came to pass - huge thanks......

And finally to Stu at Betts and the to the owner of DTII 129 who mutually agreed to a number swap, which allowed me to make a mini set of DT I and DT II to swap for jays 207 - convoluted yes, but the deed is done, and I hope maybe gives hope to those of you still looking for the set - it can be done - it may take time, but keep looking, and be prepared to be creative.

and very finally to the fine fine site that is thedarktower.org, without which this would not have come about.

lets face it, there are some bloody fine people out there who will just help you as they share a common passion - you helped me get my set and I will always think of you all when I see it in pride of place in my book case.

thank you one and all - tonight I am a very happy chap

Michael Whelan

Citizen of Gilead jemaher will become famous soon enough jemaher will become famous soon enough

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Mike,

congrats on completing the set. I still aspire to do the same with some of my partial sets. I have one set that I grew from the start and one that i bought complete.

Citizen of Gilead jemaher will become famous soon enough jemaher will become famous soon enough

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

And of course Much thanks to Nerak for all her help!

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

and very finally to the fine fine site that is thedarktower.org, without which this would not have come about.

lets face it, there are some bloody fine people out there who will just help you as they share a common passion - you helped me get my set and I will always think of you all when I see it in pride of place in my book case.
    Beautifully said Michael. Thanks so much for the compliment and I'm really glad to hear you got your set. I can't imagine someone who deserves it more.
    The kindness of close friends is like a warm blanket

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Great story. Thanks for sharing it and congratulations for getting those books back together where they belong.

Gunslinger Apprentice bast_imret is on a distinguished road bast_imret's Avatar

Congrats Michael! I'm sure that's gotta feel good after all of your efforts. Will you get the matching LSOE to go with it as well?

Of course the ultimate icing on the cake would be if you somehow got lucky enough to also get #207 of the AE and it ended up being remarqued! . . .

aka lindakins alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda's Avatar

My Mood
    In Love

WOW! Very impressive, and a fine story too. Congratulations Michael.

The answer is within

all matter is energy, all energy is GOD

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

What a thrill you have had. Congratulations x207!

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Congratulations, Mike! A great accomplishment!

John

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

DT2, DT3, DT4 #424 on ebay 11/18/08.

Sold by plainsmanstamps.

Buyer unknown due to new ebay policies.

DT1, DT2, DT3, DT4 #424 were listed on the Grant Numbers Wanted Page, and I tried to contact the person looking for these twice, but never got a response from them.

Since 5,6,7 were not listed on the Grant Numbers Wanted Page, I have to assume the person looking for 1-4 has 5-7.
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Dark Tower 7 Artist Edition n/a
    The Waste Lands 1st Edition in Shrinkwrap $200
    1984 Grant Gift Edition of The Talisman $400
    Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED
    Signed 1st Edition of Storm of The Century (Paperback)

Servant of Gan Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed

Congrats, Michael. That is a great story to share.

Quote Originally Posted by bast_imret View Post
    Congrats Michael! I'm sure that's gotta feel good after all of your efforts. Will you get the matching LSOE to go with it as well?

Of course the ultimate icing on the cake would be if you somehow got lucky enough to also get #207 of the AE and it ended up being remarqued! . . .
    deluxe ordered, along with 207 AE - fingers crossed for a remarque!!!!!!but frankly after the luck of completing the set well, in the words of a certain Ms Minogue, I should be so lucky!!!...

i've ordered 2 AE's just in case, the second to match my Talisman and black house SL's so kind of hedging my bets.

BTW, wonder if the 'who owns what' could be updated with my 207 set ??!!!!!! still pinching myself that it all happened as I hoped!

Quote Originally Posted by jemaher View Post
    Mike,

congrats on completing the set. I still aspire to do the same with some of my partial sets. I have one set that I grew from the start and one that i bought complete.
    well, I do wish you all the luck with completing it - it would be just great if you could match up the numbers that you swapped with me - if I can ever help you on this, I surely will.

thanks again

tempted to start hunting to build another set you know...therein lies the road to madness, but maybe i'm already mostly mad anyhow!

My Mood
    Gay

That is sooooo cool.
    # 207 finds a home.
    Congratulations and it's a great story.
    It really shows how collectors come together and help one another.
    I love that !

Servant of Gan Pasiuk57 is a jewel in the rough Pasiuk57 is a jewel in the rough Pasiuk57 is a jewel in the rough Pasiuk57's Avatar

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

I know how you feel--I've searched for a while for #277 of DT1 and DT2
    I have DT2 and 1 signed limiteds but not matching my #3-7 #277.
    The search continues...

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Michael-

CONGRATULATIONS. I will update the list momentarily.

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.
    Luke : Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand

Gunslinger Apprentice Airtraffic is on a distinguished road Airtraffic's Avatar

Congrats Michael....and my fingers are cross that you get a remarque.... lol

Quote Originally Posted by wizardsrainbow View Post
    Michael-

CONGRATULATIONS. I will update the list momentarily.
    It must be true as i'm on the list now!!!!!!

BTW, Jay owns 129 I and II.......

thanks for updating.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 80 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 62 ... LastLast