Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 80 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 20 60 ... LastLast

Thread: Dark Tower Same-Number Sets: Who owns them?

Vagrant Dead Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking

Quote Originally Posted by mulleins View Post

I need to check with Karen about registering my name to this number at Grant.

Mulleins
    Cumberland VA
    DONE!

And congrats!
    Promise me you'll always remember: You're braver than you believe, stronger than you seem and smarter than you think.

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Well, it's official now and I hope this doesn't sound like I'm bragging.

It took me a while to work, save and slave for this. With the market the way it's been, it took a lot of thought and 2nd thinking on my part. But I bought DT set complete #432. This used to belong to our very own Gunkslinger (Mike) who sold it to donnacastle (Bret) and now I own the complete numbered set.

Merry Christmas to ME

My wife told me not to expect anything else under the tree.

Again, I hope this doesn't sound like bragging. I'm just excited

Mulleins
    Cumberland VA
    Congrats Ralph!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.
    Luke : Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

It's well worth bragging about. Congratulations.

Servant of Gan Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed

Congrats mulleins!. Thats an excellent purchase.

Goldmember Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Nerak View Post

Mulleins
    Cumberland VA
    DONE!

And congrats!
    Thanks Everyone. And thank you Karen for the quick register.

I can hardly breathe I'm so excited.

Mulleins
    Cumberland VA

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

No bragging assumed! Congratulations!

John

Kate / Batwoman turtlex is on a distinguished road turtlex's Avatar

My Mood
    Gay

Another copy of the Holy Grail comes home to a TDT family member!

So awesome.
    The Man In Black Fled Across The Desert...

...And The Gunslinger Followed.

“I’m always on the Batman rule, sir.” - Kate Kane / Detective Comics 857

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Remember, Remember, The Fifth of November, The Gunpowder, Treason, and Plot.

Billy Bumbler oy-the-brave will become famous soon enough oy-the-brave will become famous soon enough oy-the-brave's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Congrats Ralph

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Great news, Ralph! Congratulations!
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Congratulations, Ralph!! Excellent Christmas present!
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Hankerin' for poundcake gsvec has a spectacular aura about gsvec has a spectacular aura about gsvec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

You must've been a VERY good boy this year, Ralph! I'll bet 432 is your favorite number now Congrats!!

This collecting stuff is a sickness! ~Patrick

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Congratulations. One of the holes in my collection-probably never to be filled.

One of The Few The Proud CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Awesome Ralph!

Wish I could jump on that bandwagon, but seems h ighly unlikely! :-(

I'd be happy to obtain a First Gunslinger for a good price - not the current going price!
    DT Spoiler - Enter at your own risk!

Spoiler:
    I can’t remember if I cried
    When I read about Eddie’s widowed bride,
    And something touched me deep inside
    The day the bumbler died.”

Click CAN' Ka No Rey for the entire poem, published in Lighthouse VI!

Demon of the Prim Cutter has a spectacular aura about Cutter has a spectacular aura about Cutter's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking
    Country
    Country Flag

Congrats, Mulleins, I think we all understand your enthusiasm. Who Hoo!
    Geoff

Goldmember Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Again, Thanks Everyone.

I was thinking about sharing the wealth a little to a lucky member here. Now that I have #432. I was thinking about letting someone here take ownership of 5,6, & 7 #1097 registered at Grant at exact publisher price plus shipping so they can get a LSOE.

Before I put this on DTbay....does this sound fair or has the market killed this?

Mulleins
    Cumberland VA

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

That price seems more than fair to me.

John

Hankerin' for poundcake gsvec has a spectacular aura about gsvec has a spectacular aura about gsvec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Remind me what the publisher's price was for those?

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by gsvec View Post
    Remind me what the publisher's price was for those?
    Good question. I think $250 each. It might have been a little less. I think I have $750 in the three signed limited. I purchased and registered all three directly from Grant.

I'm only doing this to help someone here. If I go to Ebay, the price will go up

Mulleins
    Cumberland VA

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks, Ralph. I asked because I'm in sort of the same situation with #678 of V-VII, but I paid a little more than the list price. I've been debating about eBay or DTBay or just asking for PMs! I've also been debating about waiting until I get Gunslinger #64 (I can dream!) to complete my set. Hmmm....

Servant of Gan e_taylor will become famous soon enough e_taylor's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

$200, $175 & $225 were the respective issue prices.

Regardless, $750 is a great price - they'd probably go minimum $1000 on eBay.

Gretchen - unless you really need the cash now, hold on to them - that way when you find your Gunslinger you'll be able to make a $4K purchase a $2.5K purchase!

I also have a DTV/VI/VII set, but I'm definitely holding onto VII and would like to hold onto V if I can ... that leaves VI if anyone's interested.

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by e_taylor View Post

Gretchen - unless you really need the cash now, hold on to them - that way when you find your Gunslinger you'll be able to make a $4K purchase a $2.5K purchase!

I also have a DTV/VI/VII set, but I'm definitely holding onto VII and would like to hold onto V if I can ... that leaves VI if anyone's interested.
    Thanks. I couldn't remember. I know I could get more $ on Ebay but we have so many collectors here that don't have them. I would hope I can find someone here so they can register with Grant and get the new release.

Mulleins
    Cumberland VA

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks. I couldn't remember. I know I could get more $ on Ebay but we have so many collectors here that don't have them. I would hope I can find someone here so they can register with Grant and get the new release.

Mulleins
    Cumberland VA
    Do we know for a fact that having a limited edition of DT7 assures a person of getting the same numbered copy of LSOE? Or are we still just speculating based on DMG's prior policy?

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by carlosdetweiller View Post
    Do we know for a fact that having a limited edition of DT7 assures a person of getting the same numbered copy of LSOE? Or are we still just speculating based on DMG's prior policy?
    Still speculation at this time.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Rabbit Trick View Post
    Still speculation at this time.
    I hope it's true because then I'd at least have the full story with LSOE to match my set since I really don't have tons of hope that I'll ever find the original Gunslinger #64.

Servant of Gan e_taylor will become famous soon enough e_taylor's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Mulleins
    Cumberland VA
    The only reason I'm confident that they'll continue that policy - is due to the headache Karen would incur if they didn't. Imagine how many emails/ phone calls Grant would get with requests for numbers ... it'd be suicide!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 80 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 20 60 ... LastLast