Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 80 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 27 67 ... LastLast

Thread: Dark Tower Same-Number Sets: Who owns them?

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by blg View Post
    Anyone ever come across an "Author's Copy" of DT III?
    I don't think I have ever seen one. I've seen a couple of "Author's Copy" editions of DT II but I don't think I have ever seen any of the others offfered for sale.

Gunslinger Apprentice blg is on a distinguished road

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by carlosdetweiller View Post
    I don't think I have ever seen one. I've seen a couple of "Author's Copy" editions of DT II but I don't think I have ever seen any of the others offfered for sale.
    Thanks for the response. I recently picked up an Author's Copy of DT II and was curious what the chances of finding one for DT III was. It doesn't sound too promising.

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Set #232 volumes 1-6 now on eBay (for a fairly high price):

Dark Tower s/l #1-6

John

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jhanic View Post
    Set #232 volumes 1-6 now on eBay (for a fairly high price):

Dark Tower s/l #1-6

John
    Got it and updated. Thanks John.

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.
    Luke : Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by carlosdetweiller View Post
    Thanks for the response. I recently picked up an Author's Copy of DT II and was curious what the chances of finding one for DT III was. It doesn't sound too promising.

I too have never seen a III Author's Copy. I own a II Author's as well.

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

From Camelot Books' newsletter this morning:

Dark Tower V, VI, VII and Sisters of Eluria
    This is a matching numbered set and the really important thing is that it is numbered 481 which means there is a possibility of putting together a full matching numbered set as it falls below the limitation of The Gunslinger which was limited to 500 copies!!

They are all still in their original shrinkwrap and all are in "as new" condition

$2,000.00 for the set outright
    or
    $2,150.00 with a 3 month lay-away
    http://www.camelotbooks.com/

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    From Camelot Books' newsletter this morning:

Dark Tower V, VI, VII and Sisters of Eluria
    This is a matching numbered set and the really important thing is that it is numbered 481 which means there is a possibility of putting together a full matching numbered set as it falls below the limitation of The Gunslinger which was limited to 500 copies!!

They are all still in their original shrinkwrap and all are in "as new" condition

$2,000.00 for the set outright
    or
    $2,150.00 with a 3 month lay-away
    http://www.camelotbooks.com/
    Patrick-

You are one step ahead of me. I was coming here to update this very thread! Thanks. I got the e-mail too.

Gunslinger Apprentice blg is on a distinguished road

Country
    Country Flag

IMO, that's a pretty good price.

Citizen of Gilead jemaher will become famous soon enough jemaher will become famous soon enough

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

nice addition for someone. A little rich for my blood considering the current market

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jemaher View Post
    nice addition for someone. A little rich for my blood considering the current market
    I concur. I suppose the fact the set is <#500 could add ~10% to the asking price.

Citizen of Gilead jemaher will become famous soon enough jemaher will become famous soon enough

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

v-vii are fairly valued at 1200 to 1500; add 300 for lsoe and another 10% and MAYBE you get to $1900 tops

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

$1700 would be a fair price point unless you have a motivated buyer.

Kate / Batwoman turtlex is on a distinguished road turtlex's Avatar

My Mood
    Gay

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    I concur. I suppose the fact the set is <#500 could add ~10% to the asking price.
    v-vii are fairly valued at 1200 to 1500; add 300 for lsoe and another 10% and MAYBE you get to $1900 tops
    I would have to agree with Jerome, just based on my own thought-process. I would definitely pay more for the under 500 numbering.
    The Man In Black Fled Across The Desert...

...And The Gunslinger Followed.

“I’m always on the Batman rule, sir.” - Kate Kane / Detective Comics 857

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Remember, Remember, The Fifth of November, The Gunpowder, Treason, and Plot.

Gunslinger Apprentice Earth's Militant Mind is on a distinguished road Earth's Militant Mind's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I paid just over $2000 for my set that came with IV instead of LSoE and would have to agreewith this number as well but think with todays market you would be lucky to even get that.

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

LSOE doesn't seem to be a big seller on the auction sites

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Dark tower SL #751... II-VII on sale on ebay
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=110396423837

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Dark tower SL #751... II-VII on sale on ebay
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=110396423837
    Should be DTIII - DTVII

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Can you think of any reason he has DT IV priced so high?

John

Servant of Gan e_taylor will become famous soon enough e_taylor's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jhanic View Post
    Can you think of any reason he has DT IV priced so high?

John
    He seems confused on a lot of his pricing, no?

Maybe 10 years ago is was worth that?

DTIII has been routinely selling for $250- $350 and he's got $900 as his start.

DTV @ $600 is the closest to reasonable, and even it is high.

The Thermals cody44 is on a distinguished road cody44's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Has anyone seen 1-3 of #465 around?

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

I know who has them.......

I recently sold DT4-7 Plus LSOE all numbered#465.

I saw that the person who bought them from me had them up for sale...guess you bought 'em.

I still have the matching #465 Little Sisters of Eluria Artist Edition for sale.

PM me for more information.....
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Dark Tower 7 Artist Edition n/a
    The Waste Lands 1st Edition in Shrinkwrap $200
    1984 Grant Gift Edition of The Talisman $400
    Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED
    Signed 1st Edition of Storm of The Century (Paperback)

Traveler walkingdude is on a distinguished road

Country
    Country Flag

Default Signed/Limited Dark Tower

Hi,
    I have just joined and would like you to take details of my collection. I have DT1 number 64 and DT 2 to 7 number 120. I know that DT1 number 120 is in Chicago. Cheers!

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Welcome Walkingdude! Please feel free to join us in the other forums too!

John

Hankerin' for poundcake gsvec has a spectacular aura about gsvec has a spectacular aura about gsvec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Greetings, walkingdude, and welcome to the site - you're gonna love it here!

And I'm curious - is your DT1 #64 by chance for sale?

This collecting stuff is a sickness! ~Patrick

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by walkingdude View Post
    Hi,
    I have just joined and would like you to take details of my collection. I have DT1 number 64 and DT 2 to 7 number 120. I know that DT1 number 120 is in Chicago. Cheers!
    welcome to the forum. thanks for the update

+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 80 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 27 67 ... LastLast