+ Reply to Thread
Page 58 of 58 FirstFirst ... 8 48 56 57 58
Results 1,426 to 1,436 of 1436

Thread: Dark Tower Same-Number Sets: Who owns them?

Gunslinger Apprentice Alec is a splendid one to behold Alec is a splendid one to behold Alec is a splendid one to behold Alec is a splendid one to behold Alec is a splendid one to behold Alec is a splendid one to behold Alec is a splendid one to behold

I agree that in the parameters of The Dark Tower.org $2,000 would be the price you would expect to pay. However take for instance the auction a little while ago, in which Rand sold his bound and signed copy, which was a gift from Michael and Audrey Whelan. With all the provenance the book held, it was unequivocally stated by very respected members here, that $1,000 or thereabouts was the price it was worth. It sold for $2,900 I believe.
    There are a huge number of collectors that never visit this site, probably many times more than come here. To those collectors there is a different expectation of retail, which is proven daily by the sales that are made.
    David I agree with you completely, but only in the confines of the forum we subscribe to.

Rabid Billybumbler Garrell has much to be proud of Garrell has much to be proud of Garrell has much to be proud of Garrell has much to be proud of Garrell has much to be proud of Garrell has much to be proud of Garrell has much to be proud of Garrell has much to be proud of Garrell has much to be proud of Garrell's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Agree with Alec. Example: offered SOD Vol 1 & 2 gift edition here for $200 shipped with no luck. eBay auction ended up at $380 plus shipping. On the other end, Desperation gift edition was a no offer here and only got $50/opening bid on eBay.
    Wish List:
    Rage 1st/1st
    Goblin-Josh Malerman

Traveler stm08007 will become famous soon enough

Country
    Country Flag

That's because (IMO), the "What's it worth question?" is usually instead answered as "what would YOU pay for it?". Just because one person wouldn't pay $2k for something, doesn't mean nobody will, especially given the rarity of the items and how infrequently they become available. That one person who would only pay $1k may also end up waiting a LONG time to find one at that price.

The "what's it worth?" is all but impossible to answer unless you are looking at the end results of multiple ebay auctions (which I think many would agree lends itself to being seen by many more collectors than any other means)--- even still, you might be looking at a time where multiple people are all insatiably looking a particular item and willing to pay more for instant gratification.. All this is why I am very leery of people "unequivocally" saying how much a specific item of which there are less than 1000 in existence of (and probably less than ten sold per year) is worth.

I think the "groupthink" involved in determination of pricing in some forums has too much sway--- example person A asks how much something is worth, person B says $1k, person C agrees, then persons D, E, F, G, etc all come away thinking $1k is a good price for the book. Then the books gets quickly sold privately for $1000... Meanwhile that same book goes on ebay for 5 times as much and people think that it was sold for too much (when in reality if it was listed for $1000 on ebay it would get instantly snatched up). Same thing could happen on the flipside where ebay values it less than one person would (perhaps that one person has a personal connection to the book/artwork/etc for some reason.. The moral of the story is some people would pay more and some people would pay less, so there is nothing "unequivocal" about valuing these types of books

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has much to be proud of wizardsrainbow has much to be proud of wizardsrainbow has much to be proud of wizardsrainbow has much to be proud of wizardsrainbow has much to be proud of wizardsrainbow has much to be proud of wizardsrainbow has much to be proud of wizardsrainbow has much to be proud of wizardsrainbow has much to be proud of wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Sleepy
    Country
    Country Flag

well put stm08007....where in CT are you? I am in Fairfield.

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.
    Luke : Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand

Traveler stm08007 will become famous soon enough

Country
    Country Flag

Woodbury, I just ordered a book from you and it arrived very well packed last night!

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has much to be proud of wizardsrainbow has much to be proud of wizardsrainbow has much to be proud of wizardsrainbow has much to be proud of wizardsrainbow has much to be proud of wizardsrainbow has much to be proud of wizardsrainbow has much to be proud of wizardsrainbow has much to be proud of wizardsrainbow has much to be proud of wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Sleepy
    Country
    Country Flag

:-) great thanks!

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.

Gunslinger Apprentice OneFathom has a spectacular aura about OneFathom has a spectacular aura about OneFathom's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Little Sisters of Eluria COMBO Pack #299 ($1650 OBO) - - - > LINK

Live it. webstar1000 seldom gets put on hold webstar1000 seldom gets put on hold webstar1000 seldom gets put on hold webstar1000 seldom gets put on hold webstar1000 seldom gets put on hold webstar1000 seldom gets put on hold webstar1000 seldom gets put on hold webstar1000 seldom gets put on hold webstar1000 seldom gets put on hold webstar1000 seldom gets put on hold webstar1000 seldom gets put on hold webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by OneFathom View Post
    Little Sisters of Eluria COMBO Pack #299 ($1650 OBO) - - - > LINK
    I sold these years ago. Good guy owns them and if anyone is interested he would sell for much less off eBay.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

My Mood
    Sleepy
    Country
    Country Flag

way way too expensive! I don't even consider that a remarque.

Live it. webstar1000 seldom gets put on hold webstar1000 seldom gets put on hold webstar1000 seldom gets put on hold webstar1000 seldom gets put on hold webstar1000 seldom gets put on hold webstar1000 seldom gets put on hold webstar1000 seldom gets put on hold webstar1000 seldom gets put on hold webstar1000 seldom gets put on hold webstar1000 seldom gets put on hold webstar1000 seldom gets put on hold webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by wizardsrainbow View Post
    way way too expensive! I don't even consider that a remarque.
    Oh I agree with you but you never know... someone may need those numbers for a set.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Gunslinger Apprentice OneFathom has a spectacular aura about OneFathom has a spectacular aura about OneFathom's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Complete set #370 up for auction soon *LINK

+ Reply to Thread
Page 58 of 58 FirstFirst ... 8 48 56 57 58