Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 36 of 80 FirstFirst ... 26 34 35 36 37 38 46 ... LastLast

Thread: Dark Tower Same-Number Sets: Who owns them?

Demon of the Prim Tatts4Life will become famous soon enough

Country
    Country Flag

It kills me every time it see this thread pop up in my subscriptions. I would do anything to get a full set. But alas that will never happen unless I win the lottery.

Goldmember Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future

My Mood
    Inspired

does anyone know where #464 is - DT I and III?

Goldmember Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future

My Mood
    Inspired

Quote Originally Posted by divemaster View Post
    Updating current auction link.

#461 **** I-VII+ LSOE + TWTTK complete for sale on Ebay by Nightwing305-auction link
    check out the fading on those books

Millionth Post Club divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

That might be a camera artifact. Hard for me to tell. I've seen photos on this forum where a known red item appears brownish orange and all sorts of variations like that. It might help if the e-bay photo wasn't so blurry.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I gotta say.. even though I do not have ALL books numbered... looking at the set on my book shelf every time I walk by is a small thrill. I could not imagine having a set under #500. I WILL have one... no doubt, but for now I am enjoying these beautiful books on display in my home I think everyone on this site has such a passion for these books and I would like nothing more than to see us all have a numbered matching set... I wish all those sincere luck on here looking for their numbers. I also wish all the members that do not have this King masterpiece on their book shelf... good karma (ka) that someday they will grace your bookshelves webstar
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

I like your passion webstar. Every member here should strive to get a full Dark Tower set, whatever editions.

After all, the site is named after the series, and does not even have Stephen King in the address.

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

I would sell this partial set if anyone were interested in paying a decent price.

#290 (not complete; V-VII, LSOE, and 4.5 owned by Patrick of TDT.org)
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Demon of the Prim AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Hey Jerome, please update the list to reflect AKC owning the complete DT set #415.

Check out New Pride & Joy Thread!

Thanks!

Two Gunslingers Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by AKC View Post
    Hey Jerome, please update the list to reflect AKC owning the complete DT set #415.

Thanks!
    Wanted
    CD Carrie Portfolio 719
    Dark Tower S/N LE's 171 or 203
    ANY Stephen King S/N LE #171 or 719

A Storm of Swords #218 or 346
    Ancillary Justice #455
    American Gods (+ SC Reader copy) #624

Michael Whelan original art
    DT VII: Michael Whelan Remarque

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks!
    Do you have matching LSOE and TWTTK?

Demon of the Prim AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

YEP - Own all of #415......

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Congrats, AKC!
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Manni Folken The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

YEP - Own all of #415......
    Fantastic, AKC!!! Great achievement!

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

What would be the least you should pay for a fine matching set under 500?... All 9 books...
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    What would be the least you should pay for a fine matching set under 500?... All 9 books...
    Cheapest I've seen in the last year sold via a public forum (eBay, Abe, etc) is $12,000......

Country
    Country Flag

Cheapest I've seen in the last year sold via a public forum (eBay, Abe, etc) is $12,000......

I have a "tentative" buyer for my set and am going to start looking for a fine set... my set is beautiful but want that under 500.... I was hoping to find one for 10ish grand when the time comes... be after Xmas and I have asked David at Betts to keep me posted.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Country
    Country Flag

Just acquired a matching set throughout... The number is #459 I will not have in my possession for awhile due to the deal worked out but it is mine!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Manni Folken The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Just acquired a matching set throughout... The number is #459 I will not have in my possession for awhile due to the deal worked out but it is mine!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Congratulations! David is great to work with.

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Congratulations! A worthy accomplishment.

John

Gunslinger Apprentice RIC #520 will become famous soon enough RIC #520 will become famous soon enough

Congratulations! Is due for sure!
    It today's market, it could take awhile for a house to sell.
    Wanted:
    DT1 Gunslinger S/L #96
    Any DT or DT related books #96

Rearrange Me Til I'm Sane Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jhanic View Post
    Congratulations! A worthy accomplishment.

John
    What John said + 1

Well done Kris !!!!
    We all float down here!

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

I think we all know (or at least can imagine) the satisfaction of owning a matching #'d set. Has anyone kept track of the market value for a numbered set over the years?
    Obviously new additions (LSOE and TWTTK) and would affect the price somewhat, but I am intrigued to know if there has been a period where it was a great time to buy (as a set, not as individual books on release) or has the price always just kept going up?

In short can I sell one of the goblets(children) and declare a #'d set as an 'investment' to Mrs Goblin?
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by stroppygoblin View Post
    I think we all know (or at least can imagine) the satisfaction of owning a matching #'d set. Has anyone kept track of the market value for a numbered set over the years?
    Obviously new additions (LSOE and TWTTK) and would affect the price somewhat, but I am intrigued to know if there has been a period where it was a great time to buy (as a set, not as individual books on release) or has the price always just kept going up?

In short can I sell one of the goblets(children) and declare a #'d set as an 'investment' to Mrs Goblin?
    For many years I have wanted one. I had no idea this site existed and would always drool over the ones on Abe Books. I think they are very high priced ($21500 - $25000). If you read some of the listings.. the set is not complete even (if you are one to include TWTTK and SLOE.. which I am). I have seen one on Ebay many many years ago with bidding around $19 but never got to see the end price. I think that is high as well. I believe a complete PERFECT set is worth around $15000 with just under half the value coming from the first 2 books. There are many on Abe right now for $7 grand or so... one even for $13500!!!!. When the first numbered book came out Mr. King was not who he is today or even 20 years ago.. and most did not care about the book enough to realize what it would be in time... like old comics no one thought to save. Thus, this is why so few complete sets exist. With only 66 or 67 sets known in the world... and not even all of them may be FINE. I think a fine set within a few short years will be worth even more than it is now. There is even a premium on non-matching sets too and I was going to go there... not as much as a matching but there can only be MAX... 500 numbered sets. And there are thousands and thousands of King fans that would LOVE TO OWN one. It was my mission and even though I was "close" with the #576..... It could never be complete. When King passes.... some day it will happen... I believe this set of books, more so than any others of his, will increase in value even more. Now is the time to get your hands on a matching or non-matching numbered set. But for now... I think a fine set is worth... what the buyer is willing to pay and how many are out there on the market.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

I have the same number on all Grant's King books except BLACK HOUSE (I was dead broke when that came out), and all the books are in unread (because I didn't read them) condition, never having been opened more than an inch or two to confirm the number or signature (with the exception of two still in the original shrinkwrap). Who cares? Maybe only me!
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ur2ndbiggestfan View Post
    I have the same number on all Grant's King books except BLACK HOUSE (I was dead broke when that came out), and all the books are in unread (because I didn't read them) condition, never having been opened more than an inch or two to confirm the number or signature (with the exception of two still in the original shrinkwrap). Who cares? Maybe only me!
    I agree with you... 100%. It matters to me too... and I would pay a little more because of this.. as probably would you. So... whats your number? Have you ever tried looking for Black House after you got some more cash?
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

+ Reply to Thread
Page 36 of 80 FirstFirst ... 26 34 35 36 37 38 46 ... LastLast