Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 48 of 80 FirstFirst ... 38 46 47 48 49 50 58 ... LastLast
Results 1,176 to 1,200 of 1978

Thread: Dark Tower Same-Number Sets: Who owns them?

Citizen of Gilead OneFathom is a glorious beacon of light OneFathom is a glorious beacon of light OneFathom is a glorious beacon of light OneFathom is a glorious beacon of light OneFathom is a glorious beacon of light OneFathom is a glorious beacon of light OneFathom's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I know jemaher (TDT member) was looking to complete the #263 set — I've learned Strand Books has DTII & DTIII. I don't believe jemaher has posted in a while so if they're still interested, perhaps someone can reach out.

More info in the Google doc on this particular copy and, of course, a whole bunch of others. Would love to see some additions to the doc from other TDT members, too!

Two Gunslingers Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

I wonder if anyone has ever been successful in matching a set piecemeal? (and if so what was the original quantity of same number books started with?)

It seems to be impossible, lol.

Heck, I doubt I will ever be able to even afford the price of a DT I
    Wanted
    CD Carrie Portfolio 719
    Dark Tower S/N LE's 171 or 203
    ANY Stephen King S/N LE #171 or 719

A Storm of Swords #218 or 346
    Ancillary Justice #455
    American Gods (+ SC Reader copy) #624

Michael Whelan original art
    DT VII: Michael Whelan Remarque

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Lookwhoitis View Post
    I wonder if anyone has ever been successful in matching a set piecemeal? (and if so what was the original quantity of same number books started with?)

I know of someone... I cannot remember what thread but RF would know.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Citizen of Gilead OneFathom is a glorious beacon of light OneFathom is a glorious beacon of light OneFathom is a glorious beacon of light OneFathom is a glorious beacon of light OneFathom is a glorious beacon of light OneFathom is a glorious beacon of light OneFathom's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I'm sure there are several who've been able to, some of them TDT.org members. I'm on the hunt to complete a PC set. Never would've even considered it had I not been able to find DT1 first. Now that I have it, I've also been able to obtain DTII (PC) and DTIII (PC). Have leads on the rest of the set except for DTIV.

Si em, tow en can de lach jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

I think Becca managed to piece hers together to a full set now.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jsmcmullen92 View Post
    No she is over 500 BUT she did as much as one can I believe!
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jsmcmullen92 View Post
    No she is over 500 BUT she did as much as one can I believe!
    Over 500??? I've seen pictures, She cant be more than 24...
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Goldmember Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future

My Mood
    Inspired

I've pieced mine together with the majority coming from a member here and book ii coming from a bookstore in Maryland. I'm still missing I and iii Though. #464

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

I did mine piecemeal. Every time Grant published one I bought it and that month I didn't have enough money left to buy even a piece of a meal. Good way to diet.

Actually, when DT 1 was released I vacillated about whether or not to have my brother send for one. I thought, "Nah! There are 500 copies! Who would want another one anyway?" And then L.W. Currey sent me a postcard, saying he had one coming, but apologizing that he'd have to charge me $85 for it. I thought, "$85! Is he kidding!? That's WAY too much!" The sad news about this tale of woe is I still haven't become any wiser.
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

My #296 set I put together the "hard way:...I had book 4 #296 and Marianne Fontanna listed 1-3 #296 on ABE somewhat later so I bought them, resistered #296 as mine and I got the rest as they were published.

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.
    Luke : Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

This just showed up on ABE. Go get it Sir Boome! Perhaps they are open to an offer.

#336 (not complete III sir_boomme dtnet)

https://www.abebooks.com/Drawing-Three-Dark-Tower-Book-2/#336
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

Like David, I started with #4, bought the rest from DMG, and over the years located #1 in the US and #3 in the UK.
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Dark Tower 7 Artist Edition n/a
    The Waste Lands 1st Edition in Shrinkwrap $200
    1984 Grant Gift Edition of The Talisman $400
    Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED
    Signed 1st Edition of Storm of The Century (Paperback)

Country
    Country Flag

The DT (S/L) Google Doc is up-to-date and I've added some new listings, as well! New additions include:

DTV (PC): $600 BIN (EBAY)

WTTK #476: $1,295 OBO (EBAY)

DTIV (UK) #319: $525 BIN (EBAY)

Country
    Country Flag

DTIV #299 ($950) available from ABE - - - > CLICK HERE

Demon of the Prim TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

For those that have sets above 500, is the best bet to get a Lettered Gunslinger? Or a signed 1st/1st? I always wondered what was considered the best approach both value wise and from a collectible stand point. I have seen some high numbered with lettered Gunslinger that seemed neat. Curious what the pros here think.
    "Monsters are real, and ghosts are real too. They live inside us, and sometimes they win." - SK

WTB:
    - S/L 'Storm Front' Jim Butcher (Subterranean Press)
    - S/L 'Fool Moon' Jim Butcher (Subterranean Press)

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by TravelinJack View Post
    For those that have sets above 500, is the best bet to get a Lettered Gunslinger? Or a signed 1st/1st? I always wondered what was considered the best approach both value wise and from a collectible stand point. I have seen some high numbered with lettered Gunslinger that seemed neat. Curious what the pros here think.
    A lettered Slinger is probably not what I would recommend... just a signed 1st would do nicely Not to mention A) locating a lettered, and B) getting one for $10 grand or less. It is a rare and hard book to find....
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Demon of the Prim TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

A lettered Slinger is probably not what I would recommend... just a signed 1st would do nicely Not to mention A) locating a lettered, and B) getting one for $10 grand or less. It is a rare and hard book to find....
    Thanks. So would a Lettered Slinger and a II-VII S/L Match for around 10K be a great grab these days?
    "Monsters are real, and ghosts are real too. They live inside us, and sometimes they win." - SK

WTB:

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks. So would a Lettered Slinger and a II-VI S/L Match for around 10K be a great grab these days?
    I would think yeah... BUT have some others chime in before you drop that kind of cash There is a OO out there though floating around... which I would stay away from. They were not done as double letters.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Banned needfulthings is an unknown quantity at this point

Check the name of the thread.... SAME-NUMBER SETS is just what it is....Anything else is just a bastardized version.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks. So would a Lettered Slinger and a II-VII S/L Match for around 10K be a great grab these days?
    A lettered gunslinger and a matching II-VII for under $10k is a good deal indeed.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    A lettered gunslinger and a matching II-VII for under $10k is a good deal indeed.
    Thanks. And thanks to the other posts above. I realize I may have created a little hijacked side discussion there.

WTB:

Country
    Country Flag

DTIII (PC) available for $650 at Betts - - - > Item #BD-34

I've also added this to the Google doc, btw.

Gunslinger Apprentice mikeyw is on a distinguished road

I started with DTIII number 207 having been able to get that via the unclaimed number lottery at DM Grant when the book was first published. Since then added all the other titles, but was able to get DT1 and DTII via this site thanks to a great member called Jay (jemaher). He had the first 2 and was trying to complete the set. I'd managed to get 329 of DT1 and DTII so we did a swap........It is possible!!! It also did take me 25 years to complete the set!!!

Guardian of the Beam peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by mikeyw View Post
    I started with DTIII number 207 having been able to get that via the unclaimed number lottery at DM Grant when the book was first published. Since then added all the other titles, but was able to get DT1 and DTII via this site thanks to a great member called Jay (jemaher). He had the first 2 and was trying to complete the set. I'd managed to get 329 of DT1 and DTII so we did a swap........It is possible!!! It also did take me 25 years to complete the set!!!
    WOW! ... A colossal effort pays off over decades. Congratulations!

Citizen of Gilead andyg75 is just really nice andyg75 is just really nice andyg75 is just really nice andyg75 is just really nice

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by peripheral View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeyw View Post
    WOW! ... A colossal effort pays off over decades. Congratulations!
    That's dedication. Impressive show of patience and determination
    Wanted:
    Carrie PS Publishing Lettered ‘G’
    Charlie the Choo Choo U.K. S/L #157
    Dark Tower Portfolio #157

+ Reply to Thread
Page 48 of 80 FirstFirst ... 38 46 47 48 49 50 58 ... LastLast