Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 80 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 21 29 69 ... LastLast

Thread: Dark Tower Same-Number Sets: Who owns them?

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Camelot Books just announced they've accepted a consignment from one of their customers. Included is:

Complete Set of Dark Tower Limited Editions - $8.500.00
    Donald M. Grant - Books 1, 4, 5, 6, & 7 have matching number 219. Book 2 is number 640 and Book 3 is number 916. All Books and Slipcases are Fine. This also includes matching number 219 for the recently released Little Sisters of Eluria, both the artist and deluxe edition
    John

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Just saw that. Funny, I owned the #219 Gunslinger several years ago. I sold it to another person for $1750! I had purchased it for $1500 so at the time was happy.

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.
    Luke : Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand

the Return of CRAZY DOG! Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

bumping this for 2ndbiggestfan

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

Anyone know who has Set#116?

According to the first post in this thread.....

#116 (I-VII complete, tims books abe).

I can't find them on ABE...can't even find the seller.

I recently acquired Black House #116 and would think that the owner of the above set might want it.
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Dark Tower 7 Artist Edition n/a
    The Waste Lands 1st Edition in Shrinkwrap $200
    1984 Grant Gift Edition of The Talisman $400
    Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED
    Signed 1st Edition of Storm of The Century (Paperback)

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by tippy4 View Post

I recently acquired Black House #116 and would think that the owner of the above set might want it.
    Tim's Books
    506 Eleanor NE
    Grand Rapids, MI 49505

(616) 447-8117

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

For what it's worth, I have copy #158 of all the Donald Grant Kings, including THE LITTLE SISTERS OF ELURIA, except for BLACK HOUSE. I did not buy BLACK HOUSE because I did not have the money when it was released, so very reluctantly passed on it. After reading it, I was not too dissapointed because I really disliked the book, although I liked THE TALISMAN. If I was offered a 158 of BLACK HOUSE I might be tempted to buy it to complete my set, but I have no idea who has it. Does the number of the sets affect their worth at all? Do lower numbers command higher prices?
    Last edited by ur2ndbiggestfan; 10-27-2009 at 10:30 AM. Reason: spelling

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

This seems to be an age-old question. I think the number of the set MAY affect it's worth if the number holds some significance to the prospective buyer. I do think, however, that set #1 would have a special value, simply because of it's number.

John

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ur2ndbiggestfan View Post
    For what it's worth, I have copy #158 of all the Donald Grant Kings, including THE LITTLE SISTERS OF ELURIA, except for BLACK HOUSE. I did not buy BLACK HOUSE because I did not have the money when it was released, so very reluctantly passed on it. After reading it, I was not too dissapointed because I really disliked the book, although I liked THE TALISMAN. If I was offered a 158 of BLACK HOUSE I might be tempted to buy it to complete my set, but I have no idea who has it. Does the number of the sets affect their worth at all? Do lower numbers command higher prices?
    I do not believe your set is diminished in value because you do not own Black House. I will make an update that you own #158 complete set.

Rabid Billybumbler Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold

It definitley isn't diminished....just annoying as all get out to be missing the one book...haha...

I've been looking for a matching DT II for a looong time...part of me doesn't want to find it, because then that would be it and I might as well sell everything.

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by wizardsrainbow View Post

Tim's Books
    506 Eleanor NE
    Grand Rapids, MI 49505

(616) 447-8117
    Thank you David.

I contacted Tim, but the set is sold.

He is going to forward my contact information to the current owner.
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Gunslinger #108 is up on eBay by sk.books. Price isn't totally out-of-range:

http://cgi.ebay.com/DARK-TOWER-I-THE...item3356fb6cbe

John

Citizen of Gilead jemaher will become famous soon enough jemaher will become famous soon enough

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I just bought a SL gunslinger with a blank number line. the remainder of the signature page was filled out. any ideas on how many of these copies are floating around?

Citizen of Gilead jemaher will become famous soon enough jemaher will become famous soon enough

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

And what was the consensus on LSOE.... are we tracking those items? I have several with numbers less than 500.

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

I think the consensus was that LSOE was not part of a matching set.
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED

Vagrant Dead Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking

Quote Originally Posted by jemaher View Post
    I just bought a SL gunslinger with a blank number line. the remainder of the signature page was filled out. any ideas on how many of these copies are floating around?
    Once upon a time, there was a case that was stolen from the bindery. They were never numbered and pop up from time to time. It would be without the case (obviously).

I do believe that there were 20 in the case, but I could be wrong with that number.
    Promise me you'll always remember: You're braver than you believe, stronger than you seem and smarter than you think.

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I think the consensus was that LSOE was not part of a matching set.
    ah, Ok thanks for the feedback.

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

A customer just consigned #106 S/L Gunslinger with me at Betts Books for $7,000. He is taking "reasonable" offers in addition.

Gunslinger Apprentice shibus is on a distinguished road shibus's Avatar

Here's an image of why a "significant" number of complete sets won't be seen in at least the near future. Yes, All S/L's, and No, not mine. A Friends. Who will remain anonymous. I think it's cool to see them all lined up like that. Thought you guys might like too as well.

PM me if you have a question...... Greg
    I guess it all comes down to a simple choice for me. "Get Busy Living, or Get Busy Dying".

Gunslinger Apprentice super sam is on a distinguished road super sam's Avatar

Gunslinger Apprentice Resident Chris is on a distinguished road Resident Chris's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Oh my God... Now i can die!

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Now, that IS cool! For me, part of the attraction of a collection like - say - Bob's, is seeing all those duplicate copies

This one's extreme though...

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

My goodness! Are those all really signed limiteds? There are more than 20 there!

John

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Would be cool to know which numbers/letters they have...

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

I am pretty sure I know who the owner of those book is. If it is the guy I am thinking it is, he has the DT1 that goes to a set I sold not too long ago (#465).

A few years back, I asked him if he was interested in selling the DT1 to me, or if he was interested in buying my books from me, and the answer to both questions was NO.

Some collectors are hard to figure out. Obviously, DT1 has some special meaning for him.
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED

From Sorrow to Hope Sam is on a distinguished road Sam's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Seeing something like that actually makes me sick, and not in an envious or jealous way. I don't disagree with him owning them since it's certainly his right, but I can't ever understand why someone would want so many copies of the same thing. They're all different numbers, sure, but all I see is someone preventing many people from being able to own an already rare book. And to have no interest in matching the set? Something else I don't understand, but that's ok. Like tippy said, some collector's are hard to figure out.
    Margaret Emmie Mackey Catoe, you are, have been, and always will be my soulmate, and I love you.
    Con todo mi corazon, por todo de mis dias. And I always will, in this life and into the next.

August 2, 1947 - September 24, 2010

+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 80 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 21 29 69 ... LastLast