Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 30 of 80 FirstFirst ... 20 28 29 30 31 32 40 ... LastLast

Thread: Dark Tower Same-Number Sets: Who owns them?

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I think a "Complete set" would be DTI-DTVII (obviously) #1-#500. That was and always will be the set. A bonus would be LSOE <501, and a TWTTK <501 (matching is the best). Also, purely hypothetical, but if King does a re-write or a DT 1.5, 2.5 etc. Having a#500 or less will be important, but not crucial.
    Bottom line is that DTI-DTVII <=#500 are the set. Other books and matching numbers are a bonus-but only really valuable if the next Grant book is cut to a 600 limitation-thus the Garnt TWTTK <#601 will be in demand.

Rabid Billybumbler Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Rabbit Trick View Post
    The series finished in 2004 with The Dark Tower. Anyone who has read the books would know that. There could be a thousand stories released after DTVII, but none of them matter.
    I have to disagree with you Mr. Rabbit, no disrespect.
    It's still part of the story, still the same author, not that it matters but TWTTK is also the same publisher.

“The battle between good and evil is endlessly fascinating because we are participants every day.” - Stephen King

Rabid Billybumbler Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    I think a "Complete set" would be DTI-DTVII (obviously) #1-#500. That was and always will be the set. A bonus would be LSOE <501, and a TWTTK <501 (matching is the best). Also, purely hypothetical, but if King does a re-write or a DT 1.5, 2.5 etc. Having a#500 or less will be important, but not crucial.
    Bottom line is that DTI-DTVII <=#500 are the set. Other books and matching numbers are a bonus-but only really valuable if the next Grant book is cut to a 600, or "dreaded be" a 300 limitation.

I completly disagree, Dark tower TWTTK is part of the story, still the same author, not that it matters but TWTTK is also the same publisher.

“The battle between good and evil is endlessly fascinating because we are participants every day.” - Stephen King

Gunslinger Apprentice RIC #520 will become famous soon enough RIC #520 will become famous soon enough

Quote Originally Posted by Cook View Post
    Bottom line is that DTI-DTVII <=#500 are the set. Other books and matching numbers are a bonus-but only really valuable if the next Grant book is cut to a 600, or "dreaded be" a 300 limitation.

I completly disagree, Dark tower TWTTK is part of the story, still the same author, not that it matters but TWTTK is also the same publisher.
    Before this disagreement gets completely out of hand, I think we should established new descriptions as follows:
    Complete Set: DTI – DTVII
    Complete Expanded Set: DTI – DTVII, LSOE, TWTTK
    That should work for everyone

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

And just to be difficult..I disagree with THAT idea.

Actually not just to be difficult...I really do disagree with that idea.
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Dark Tower 7 Artist Edition n/a
    The Waste Lands 1st Edition in Shrinkwrap $200
    1984 Grant Gift Edition of The Talisman $400
    Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED
    Signed 1st Edition of Storm of The Century (Paperback)

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

If one owns DTI-DTVII <#501, the bonus of LSOE and TWTK could add value, but the real and ONLY money is in a S/L DTI. The rest can be bought and sold (any particular one individually), at less than $1K each-far less.
    The only people who IMO debate this are those who have any DT book >#500. I would bet that 90% of the people who have a complete set of DT-DTVII also have the matching # LSOE, and TWTTK.

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by RIC #520 View Post

Before this disagreement gets completely out of hand, I think we should established new descriptions as follows:
    Complete Set: DTI – DTVII
    Complete Expanded Set: DTI – DTVII, LSOE, TWTTK
    That should work for everyone

Well I'm glad you settled that... Should I go to my room now ?

Gunslinger Apprentice RIC #520 will become famous soon enough RIC #520 will become famous soon enough

Bottom line is that DTI-DTVII <=#500 are the set. Other books and matching numbers are a bonus-but only really valuable if the next Grant book is cut to a 600 limitation-thus the Garnt TWTTK <#601 will be in demand.
    Randell.. don't confuse a "Complete set" with a "Complete matching set"... In my opinion, you described the "Complete matching set" above

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by tippy4 View Post
    And just to be difficult..I disagree with THAT idea.

Actually not just to be difficult...I really do disagree with that idea.

Mine or who, thread is not in order........ This is actually a fun debate.

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by RIC #520 View Post
    Randell.. don't confuse a "Complete set" with a "Complete matching set"... In my opinion, you described the "Complete matching set" above
    Good point. I meant a matching # DtI-DTVII, but I suppose a disparate set could be mismatched numbers, and worth less than a matching # set, but I stand by my opinion that the S/L DTI is where the cost/value/buying price/selling price is by far the most expensive.

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

I lean toward tippy's opinion that TWTTKH is a necessary piece of a matched set, while LSOE is bonus.

Also, I would think RF is probably correct that the vast majority the people who have a complete set of DT-DTVII also have the matching # LSOE, and TWTTK.

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

So what about the Viking "Gunslinger"? This book is written by King. It is a complete re-write of the 1st book. Surely if you include LSOE you should include the 1st printing before the reprint.

EDIT: Just realised the Viking is not a S/L, so my thoughts are in the wrong thread.

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

I think a poll is in order!

FOR SALE OR TRADE

Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

So start one, Rick.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I think a poll is in order!

Think carefully on the questions, and whether or not a person can select more than one answer.

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Maybe a poll is in order to determine what the poll options should be?

If you rescue me

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brice View Post
    Maybe a poll is in order to determine what the poll options should be?
    Ok. You get a neg rep for that one

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Do you think maybe there should be a poll to determine if I deserve neg rep?

*sees his luck*

*pushes*

If you rescue me

Here it is.. 5 levels from 1 to 6 with 1 the best…you could argue that set 3 could be more expense that set two..
    1. Complete Matching Expanded Set: DTI – DTVII, LSOE, TWTTK
    2. Complete Matching Set: DTI – DTVII
    3. Complete Expanded Set: DTI – DTVII, LSOE, TWTTK (all 9 books, numbers no concern)
    4. Complete Set DTI – DTVII (7 books, numbers no concern)
    5. Original Matching Set: DT1-DTIV
    6. Incomplete Set (usually missing DT1)

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

I have no idea how to start a poll, but the question is:

What is required to make a complete, same number S/L set of The Dark Tower?

1. DTI, DT2, DT3, DT4, DT5, DT6, DT7
    2. DTI, DT2, DT3, DT4, DT5, DT6, DT7, TWTTK
    3. DTI, DT2, DT3, DT4, DT5, DT6, DT7, TWTTK, LSOE

I am NOT including the following combination on purpose:

4. DTI, DT2, DT3, DT4, DT5, DT6, DT7, LSOE
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED

Not a good question.. let say you pick one of the three or four you listed... What would you call the other three? incomplete, same number S/L set of The Dark Tower?

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I'd call them (numbers 1 and 2) incomplete. (And I don't have a complete set myself, let alone a set with the same number.)

John

Demon of the Prim AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Would a "super complete" set include the matching #'d UK W&G and UK TWTTK?

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

I consider:

#1 a "Classic Complete Set" (for the obvious reasons).

#2 a "Curmudgeon's Complete Set" ("Bah, humbug, LSOE is just a bunch of reprints.")

#3 a Full, Complete Set.

and finally, I consider:

#4 a "WTF?! Complete Set" (How the f*** do you end up with a matching set including LSOE, and not buy TWTTKH?)

Banned needfulthings is an unknown quantity at this point

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

+ Reply to Thread
Page 30 of 80 FirstFirst ... 20 28 29 30 31 32 40 ... LastLast