Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 28 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast

Thread: The Collectible Dan Simmons

Gunslinger Apprentice idlewarnings has a spectacular aura about idlewarnings has a spectacular aura about idlewarnings's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jhanic View Post
    From Amazon:

It's 1925, and the desire to summit Mt. Everest has reached a fever-pitch after the disappearance of George Mallory the year before. A young man and his climbing friends, eager to take their shot at the top, accept funding from a grieving mother whose son fell to his death on Mallory's expedition. She is not convinced he is dead, and she wants them to bring him back alive.

Once on the mountain, the climbers discover that the young man's death was no accident--and something he was carrying with him could and will change the course of the 20th century. They also learn that they are not alone on Everest. Someone else--or something else--is up there. And it is stalking them.

A bone-chilling and exquisitely researched story of historical high-climbing suspense, THE ABOMINABLE is Dan Simmons at his best, and it will thrill the many readers who made The Terror a bestseller.
    Looks like I'll be getting that one.

John
    Kind of sounds like The Terror on a mountain. I'll be checking it out.

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Dan Simmons announced on his forum that he's working on a new novel. The title is THE FIFTH HEART
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Citizen of Gilead barlow will become famous soon enough barlow's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I have been a huge fan and a collector of Simmons for a long time. I have a PC of the lettered edition of Carrion Comfort that I purchased from DreamHaven books over a decade ago. I know that there were problems with Dark Harvest flooding the market with PC copies of the numbered states of their titles, but I have not herd of another copy out there and several large dealers I have talked to have said they can't recall seeing PC copies of the lettered (woody) states of the Dark Harvest books. Does anyone know anything about this state? Or any other PC lettered from them?

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I only have 3 of the "woodies", and I need to confirm, but I don't believe they are PC versions.

Demon of the Prim RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65's Avatar

The PC debacle by Dark Harvest was, as far as I know, limited to the numbered editions. I've not seen a PC lettered for sale, so if there are any, I would have to believe there are substantially fewer than the numbered PCs (of which there are many).

Country
    Country Flag

Judjing from the Items in the collection DreamHaven was selling when I purchased it rom them I had the feeling the person they got the books from worked for Dark Harvest. The collection had a lot of odd Darkharvest items in it.

Servant of Gan Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears's Avatar

Maybe some day soon we'll finally see a Summer Of Night limited edition...

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Is that a hoping post or an I know something post?
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Servant of Gan Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Brice View Post
    Is that a hoping post or an I know something post?
    More of one than the other!

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

So, Ari, have you got a proof yet of his upcoming book?
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

AMC Developing ‘Terror’ Drama Produced By Scott Free, TV 360 & Alexandra Milchan

http://www.deadline.com/2013/02/amc-...andra-milchan/
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

I had the honor of presenting Dan with the Grand Master Award at the World Horror Convention in New Orleans last night. Alas, he was unable to attend, but sent me a thank you message to read to the gathering. My tribute to him and his career, "Dan Simmons: Grand Master of Everything," appears in the convention Souvenir Book.

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

The program book also contains "Vastation," a nearly 40-page excerpt of "an in-progress horror novel" by Simmons.

Country
    Country Flag

Hey Bev is that the bro gram for last nights festivities or for the convention?

Ken

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Nice honor to present the honor, Bev!
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Got the numbered edition of Simmons' THE FALL OF HYPERION the other day from Subterranean Press. I don't have many #1's in my collection so I was pleasantly surprised that Bill matched the #1 I got in HYPERION a few months ago. Just my lucky day, I guess.

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Nice, Bob!

John

Demon of the Prim Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Awesome! I haven't read these yet.

Country
    Country Flag

Congrats, that's a sweet set of books!

Ken

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Congrats on the matching #1's, Bob. We sure don't see that number often.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Citizen of Gilead Lauterer has a spectacular aura about Lauterer has a spectacular aura about Lauterer's Avatar

My Mood
    Devilish

Woooow, number 1´s,,, this is very very crazy...! Wish i only had one 1 in my collections...!

Citizen of Gilead willie3 is a jewel in the rough willie3 is a jewel in the rough willie3 is a jewel in the rough willie3's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Wanting to purchase an arc of The Abominable.
    I am willing to send you a Paypal gift, PM asking price.

Thanks,
    Karl

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Are they out?
    Didn't see one yet. I'm also supposed to get one from the publisher.
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

There have been a couple on eBay that I have seen. I think both went for around $100. I can wait.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 28 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast