Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 22 of 28 FirstFirst ... 12 20 21 22 23 24 ... LastLast

Thread: The Collectible Dan Simmons

Servant of Gan Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CyberGhostface View Post
    Just finished reading "Watching the Presidential Debates in Elm Haven". I'll admit some of it was off-putting. One thing that confused me was what happens with Mike O'Rourke. Spoilers:

[SPOILER]I get that some of it was in reference to 'Children of Night' but the bit with his 'death' completely confused me. Was this elaborated on in another book? I know he also appears in 'Fires of Eden'.
    I believe that Watching the Presidential debates in Elm Haven was intended to be a coda or postscript on what happened to the Bike Patrol characters from Summer of Night.
    The chapter on Mike O'Rourke is almost a coda inside a coda as it completes his journey post Children of the Night.
    I really enjoyed Watching the Presidential Debates, much more than A Winter Haunting, and was very disappointed that it wasn't included in the Sub Press limited edition of Summer of Night.

Hannibal CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

How is the Palumbo art? Trying to find some pics online but not much is available.

I guess my issue with the 'Debates' was some of the political stuff came off a bit nasty and out of place in comparison to the main novel. And it's not because I disagree with Simmons' views, if King had written that Richie Toizer
    Spoiler:
    was giving kids AIDS and helped rig the election for Trump that would probably leave a bad taste in my mouth as well.

Anyways I'm reading 'Winter' at the moment. Only a few chapters in but I'm liking it in particular who the 'narrator' is.
    A hound will die for you, but never lie to you. And he'll look you straight in the face.

My Collection

Guardian of the Beam peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Hey guys, can someone clarify the difference between the 1st edition of Carrion Comfort and the signed / limited edition of Carrion Comfort? Apart from the limitation page and slipcase for the S/L, they seem to be identical books, is that correct?

Servant of Gan Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears's Avatar

How is the Palumbo art? Trying to find some pics online but not much is available.

I guess my issue with the 'Debates' was some of the political stuff came off a bit nasty and out of place in comparison to the main novel. And it's not because I disagree with Simmons' views, if King had written that Richie Toizer
    Spoiler:
    was giving kids AIDS and helped rig the election for Trump that would probably leave a bad taste in my mouth as well.

Anyways I'm reading 'Winter' at the moment. Only a few chapters in but I'm liking it in particular who the 'narrator' is.
    Good point relative to the coda on Jim Harlen.
    I too enjoyed the narrator in A Winter Haunting; those were my favorite parts.

Hannibal CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I finished Winter the other week and I had a question...

Spoiler:
    What was with the dogs dragging off the woman? Were they taking her to Hell?
    A hound will die for you, but never lie to you. And he'll look you straight in the face.

My Collection

Country
    Country Flag

Summer of Night is back in stock. Grabbed a copy myself.

http://subterraneanpress.com/all-boo...ummer-of-night

My Collection

Demon of the Prim mikeC has a spectacular aura about mikeC has a spectacular aura about mikeC has a spectacular aura about

I think it's excellent, on par with Salems Lot maybe a little better.

I had the same question about the dogs in Winter Haunting, actually I had quite a few about that book.

Gunslinger Apprentice ym2000 will become famous soon enough ym2000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

It's 50% off until Wednesday

Summer of Night is back in stock. Grabbed a copy myself.

http://subterraneanpress.com/all-boo...ummer-of-night
    Looking To Buy:

Wandering Star:
    Savage Tales Of Solomon Kane - leather

SubPress:
    Angel's Game by Carlos Ruiz Zafon - Letter V ( will trade for PC +cash)
    Neal Stephenson’ Cryptomonicon and Zodiac - Letter O

My Book Collection

Demon of the Prim TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Grabbed another as well. One of my favorite's. great story and really well done edition.
    "Monsters are real, and ghosts are real too. They live inside us, and sometimes they win." - SK

WTB:
    - S/L 'Storm Front' Jim Butcher (Subterranean Press)
    - S/L 'Fool Moon' Jim Butcher (Subterranean Press)

Gunslinger Apprentice Anubis2347 has a spectacular aura about Anubis2347 has a spectacular aura about Anubis2347 has a spectacular aura about Anubis2347's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

Up for sale:

Subterranean Press - Signed Limited
    Summer of Night by Dan Simmons
    Book and slipcase are in Fine/Unread Condition

For the right offer I will throw in the Sub Press - This Year's Class Picture by Dan Simmons (Also Signed/Limited)

PM me with offers.

Gunslinger Apprentice Anubis2347 has a spectacular aura about Anubis2347 has a spectacular aura about Anubis2347 has a spectacular aura about Anubis2347's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

Up for sale:

Subterranean Press - Signed Limited
    Summer of Night by Dan Simmons
    Book and slipcase are in Fine/Unread Condition

I will throw in the Sub Press - This Year's Class Picture by Dan Simmons (Also Signed/Limited)

Price $205 PP Gift

Country
    Country Flag

My Collection

Rabid Billybumbler DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

For fans of The Terror - it's finally coming!

https://youtu.be/g7CmXNUcxTo

Citizen of Gilead swintek is just really nice swintek is just really nice swintek is just really nice swintek is just really nice swintek's Avatar

My Mood
    Relaxed

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorZaius View Post
    For fans of The Terror - it's finally coming!

https://youtu.be/g7CmXNUcxTo
    Really looking forward to this. Hope it's good. Hard to tell from that short clip..

Demon of the Prim mikeC has a spectacular aura about mikeC has a spectacular aura about mikeC has a spectacular aura about

This looks incredible:
    Longer trailer
    https://youtu.be/OPos66MpHe8

Citizen of Gilead mattgreenbean has a spectacular aura about mattgreenbean has a spectacular aura about mattgreenbean's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by mikeC View Post
    This looks incredible:
    Longer trailer
    https://youtu.be/OPos66MpHe8

I like anything that AMC makes, this looks like another winner for me.
    "That which you think, becomes your world" Matheson

Gunslinger Apprentice BigJoeHillfan will become famous soon enough BigJoeHillfan will become famous soon enough

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

I just finished the 3 Joe Kurtz novels and loved them!!! On the rear cover flap it said Dan was working on the next Joe Kurtz novel but I looked and didn't see that he had written any others. Is there a 4th novel and if not is he planning on doing another? They were very cool!

Gunslinger Apprentice NoahM will become famous soon enough NoahM will become famous soon enough NoahM's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Sadly, no 4th Kurtz book. Would be neat but Simmons has moved on.
    Looking for the following lettered editions: Dark Forces, 999, Crown of Shadows (Hill)

Si em, tow en can de lach jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

What ever happened to Simmons? He just seems to drop off the map. 2015 had The Fifth Heart and nothing since. His website hasn't been updated since 2013 and he seems to have gone quiet. I guess he is caught up in the show with AMC?

Gunslinger Apprentice NoahM will become famous soon enough NoahM will become famous soon enough NoahM's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Simmons is very active on Facebook. His new novel is done and I am pretty sure it's supposed to be published sometime this year. . .
    Looking for the following lettered editions: Dark Forces, 999, Crown of Shadows (Hill)

Si em, tow en can de lach jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by NoahM View Post
    Simmons is very active on Facebook. His new novel is done and I am pretty sure it's supposed to be published sometime this year. . .
    Ahhh... that one place I never venture

Gunslinger Apprentice BigJoeHillfan will become famous soon enough BigJoeHillfan will become famous soon enough

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Cool!! Do you know the title as I don't do facebook either.

Quote Originally Posted by BigJoeHillfan View Post
    Cool!! Do you know the title as I don't do facebook either.

Omega Canyon
    Kindle Edition 3/6/18; published edition ?

A thrilling tale of a scientist turned Nazi spy informing on America's nuclear war program.
    The location and mission of Omega Canyon were top secret. During World War II, it served as the most restricted area on the Los Alamos atomic-bomb research and testing grounds.
    Paul Haber was a physicist banished by the Nazi party during the war. Like many academics in Germany, he came to America to help with the war effort and to avenge the loss of his wife and child to a Nazi concentration camp. But after being approached by a German spy, he is presented with proof that his family is alive. And to keep them so he must become a spy for the Nazis and betray the country that has given him asylum and purpose.
    OMEGA CANYON is America's greatest war fear realized: The Los Alamos project was compromised and someone was sneaking valuable information to Nazi Germany. The race for the nuclear bomb is heating up, and Paul has to decide between the family he loves and the country who has saved his life.

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

That sounds pretty cool! I look forward to reading it. It looks like the kindle version will become available about a year before the hardback according to Amazon.

Citizen of Gilead RichardX is a glorious beacon of light RichardX is a glorious beacon of light RichardX is a glorious beacon of light RichardX is a glorious beacon of light RichardX is a glorious beacon of light RichardX's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Sounds interesting. Many of his recent books have been long-winded disappointments. I hope he has a good editor for this one.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 22 of 28 FirstFirst ... 12 20 21 22 23 24 ... LastLast