Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 28 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 ... LastLast

Thread: The Collectible Dan Simmons

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Recent Simmons acquisitions. Summer of Night is minty crisp and signed to boot. The cost? 1/10 of the upcoming S/L.

Si em, tow en can de lach jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by WeDealInLead View Post
    Recent Simmons acquisitions. Summer of Night is minty crisp and signed to boot. The cost? 1/10 of the upcoming S/L.

I never realized how much of a spoiler the cover is for Fall of Hyperion until now.

Traveler Wilshire is on a distinguished road

Two copies of SP LETTERED edition went back up for sale for The Rise of Endymion.

http://subterraneanpress.com/store/p...se_of_endymion

Incidentally, is anyone in possession of the first 3?

Si em, tow en can de lach jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Sup Press is doing 50% off pre-orders so you can get the Summer of Night pre-order for 50% off. ($125)

Demon of the Prim mikeC has a spectacular aura about mikeC has a spectacular aura about mikeC has a spectacular aura about

Quote Originally Posted by jsmcmullen92 View Post
    Sup Press is doing 50% off pre-orders so you can get the Summer of Night pre-order for 50% off. ($125)
    Thanks for posting!!! That's an awesome deal!

Demon of the Prim RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65's Avatar

That was one of three I picked up last night. I couldn't at all see picking it up at $250 (and I must not be alone, since copies still remain some time after its announcement), but $125 was just at the top edge of my comfort zone for this title, so I pulled the trigger.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I passed.... but wanted too. I loved SUmmer of Night but thought to myself.. I can remember scenes from IT (which I compare it to) AND the characters and I can't in Summer of Night.. very little compared. AND I read it 8 -9 months ago. Read IT when I was in grade 9.................................
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Default The Collectible Dan Simmons

Surely those who bought this at full pop will be pissed that you can now buy it at half off.

Demon of the Prim mikeC has a spectacular aura about mikeC has a spectacular aura about mikeC has a spectacular aura about

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    I passed.... but wanted too. I loved SUmmer of Night but thought to myself.. I can remember scenes from IT (which I compare it to) AND the characters and I can't in Summer of Night.. very little compared. AND I read it 8 -9 months ago. Read IT when I was in grade 9.................................
    Probably because your brain was better back then.....haha

Rabid Billybumbler Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by zelig View Post
    Surely those who bought this at full pop will be pissed that you can now buy it at half off.
    Such is life. It's a gamble right?

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Quite true.

Citizen of Gilead swintek is just really nice swintek is just really nice swintek is just really nice swintek is just really nice swintek's Avatar

My Mood
    Relaxed

I did buy this (@ the $200?- Subpress "Apology" price) right at the announcement, but, I agree- such is life. And, it doesn't bother me nearly as much as the last time I spent a couple hundred on a few presale books- about 36 hours before a surprise 50% off presale. That hurt.

Rabid Billybumbler Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by swintek View Post
    I did buy this (@ the $200?- Subpress "Apology" price) right at the announcement, but, I agree- such is life. And, it doesn't bother me nearly as much as the last time I spent a couple hundred on a few presale books- about 36 hours before a surprise 50% off presale. That hurt.
    Yeah that would be a might bit more of a kick in the nuts.

Maerlyn's Imp HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Selling some of my Simmons.

Song of Kali 1st/1st f/f
    Ilium 1st/1st flatsigned vg/nf
    Olympos 1st/1st flatsigned nf/nf
    Carrion Comfort 1st/1st nf/f
    Summer of Night 1st/1st flatsigned nf/f
    Winter Haunting 1st/1st signed and dated nf/nf
    Black Hills s/l PC f/f
    Prayers to Broken Stones S/L #159 nf/f/nf
    Phases of Gravity UK 1st/1st f/nf/nf

PM if interested

Citizen of Gilead RichardX is just really nice RichardX is just really nice RichardX is just really nice RichardX is just really nice RichardX is just really nice RichardX's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Reading "Drood" and like that one more than expected. Have sort of a love/hate with Simmons. Most of his books are about a hundred pages too long.

Demon of the Prim Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by RichardX View Post
    Reading "Drood" and like that one more than expected. Have sort of a love/hate with Simmons. Most of his books are about a hundred pages too long.
    This one doesn't get much love, but I loved it!

Servant of Gan Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears's Avatar

Received Sub Press limited edition Summer Of Night today. Overall a nice presentation although they missed an opportunity to make it the definitive edition by not including Banished Dreams and Watching The Presidential Debates In Elm Haven as bonus material.

Citizen of Gilead swintek is just really nice swintek is just really nice swintek is just really nice swintek is just really nice swintek's Avatar

My Mood
    Relaxed

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Mears View Post
    Received Sub Press limited edition Summer Of Night today. Overall a nice presentation although they missed an opportunity to make it the definitive edition by not including Banished Dreams and Watching The Presidential Debates In Elm Haven as bonus material.
    I can't understand why these weren't included. Especially at that exorbitant price. Still waiting on mine, but...

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Mears View Post
    BIG TIME.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

I didn't know about those thanks guys, I'll check 'em out.

Demon of the Prim RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65's Avatar

I am a bit surprised and disappointed they weren't included; I guess I kind of assumed they would be, especially, as was pointed out, at that price point. That said, it wasn't advertised as including it, so I can't complain.

Servant of Gan Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RC65 View Post
    I am a bit surprised and disappointed they weren't included; I guess I kind of assumed they would be, especially, as was pointed out, at that price point. That said, it wasn't advertised as including it, so I can't complain.
    For several years I encouraged Bill at Sub Press to do a limited of SON with the additional material but the timing never seemed right. I even contacted Dan Simmons with the same idea. When the announcement was made that Sub Press was actually doing SON I followed up with both Bill and Dan but received no response. I was hoping the additional material might be added as a surprise but no such luck. It is a well done edition but it could have been so much more with a minimal amount of effort.

Gunslinger Apprentice bugen will become famous soon enough bugen's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mikeC View Post
    I didn't know about those thanks guys, I'll check 'em out.
    Yep, thank you guys for pointing out these stories.
    “Reality is a nice place to visit, but you wouldn’t want to live there.”
    -John Barth

bugensbooks.com

My Mood
    Relaxed

Finally had a chance to sit down and examine the Subpress SUMMER OF NIGHT. This is a very pretty book. A top notch Subpress production, oversize, bound in real premium cloth (that goes a long way with me), heavy-weight paper and great color illustrations, it really is extremely nice. As has been mentioned, it feels like a missed opportunity not to include the relevant supplemental material, but who knows what the story is there. Maybe Bill tried and Simmons didn't feel the need to include it. I was very glad to see Dan's introduction at the front, and overall I am very happy to have it and can't wait to reread (for the 3rd time), this great story.

Incidentally, just noticed that they offered a few lettered copies the other day at $250 off list because they had some glue spots on the traycase (barely perceptible, apparently). Did anybody snag one of these?

Ron

Country
    Country Flag

Did anyone get thier lettered yet?
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 28 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 ... LastLast