Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 28 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 ... LastLast

Thread: The Collectible Dan Simmons

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by carlosdetweiller View Post
    I got a proof/ARC today. Finally found one for sale. $15.

Still waiting on Poisoned Pen but I ordered after you guys did.

John

Servant of Gan Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NoahM View Post
    A Summer of Night S/L would be fantastic!
    If you're inclined drop an email to Bill at Sub Press and let him know. A grass roots campaign might help.

Gunslinger Apprentice mkb.redux will become famous soon enough mkb.redux will become famous soon enough mkb.redux's Avatar

A bit of self-promotion:

Posting signed, first edition copies of THE TERROR and SUMMER OF NIGHT on eBay this evening, $25.00 each + $5.00 shipping. If anyone is interested in either or both, will waive the shipping to all US addresses; just drop me a PM prior to 4:00 this afternoon, and let me know.

Gunslinger Apprentice NoahM will become famous soon enough NoahM will become famous soon enough NoahM's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Awesome, will do~
    Looking for the following lettered editions: Dark Forces, 999, Crown of Shadows (Hill)

Gunslinger Apprentice mkb.redux will become famous soon enough mkb.redux will become famous soon enough mkb.redux's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mkb.redux View Post
    A bit of self-promotion:

Posting signed, first edition copies of THE TERROR and SUMMER OF NIGHT on eBay this evening, $25.00 each + $5.00 shipping. If anyone is interested in either or both, will waive the shipping to all US addresses; just drop me a PM prior to 4:00 this afternoon, and let me know.
    Sold!
    Thanks to those who inquired.

Gunslinger Apprentice Anubis2347 has a spectacular aura about Anubis2347 has a spectacular aura about Anubis2347 has a spectacular aura about Anubis2347's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

Did anyone preorder the Subterranean Press Lettered edition of The Fifth Heart by Dan Simmons, and maybe want to sell it? I loved this book and would like to try and pick this up as my first lettered edition ever...

If anyone is interested please PM me.

Thank you.

Gunslinger Apprentice NoahM will become famous soon enough NoahM will become famous soon enough NoahM's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Matching lettered set of the first three Hyperion books. I now have 2 copies of the lettered Endymion. . .looking to sell one of them. Anyone here interested before I go to eBay??

Looking for the following lettered editions: Dark Forces, 999, Crown of Shadows (Hill)

Vagrant Dead frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I just love these books, Noah. I think SubPress did/is doing an amazing job on Simmons' Hyperion/Endymion books. One more to go.
    And btw, I have a lettered set as well.

sk

Country
    Country Flag

SK - I agree - nothing's worse than a lettered edition that's just the numbered with a different limitation page tipped in! These are beautiful! Looking forward to Rise. Out of curiosity, what letter do you have??

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Out of curiosity, what letter do you have??
    I have letter "D." I also have a set of numbered editions and somehow lucked out and got #1.

Country
    Country Flag

Bob - I have letter "B" for all 3. Nice on the number "1"!!! I lucked out on Joe Hill's NOS4A2 and got copy #1. Overall I have a few dozen "B"s and at least one "A," and I think one or two # "1" books. Not that it matters really. . .

Vagrant Dead frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

SK - I agree - nothing's worse than a lettered edition that's just the numbered with a different limitation page tipped in! These are beautiful! Looking forward to Rise. Out of curiosity, what letter do you have??
    Careful, Noah: SK is you-know-who, sk, that's me.
    My letter is OO. Not too fond of the double, but hey, it's the books that count, right..?
    (Mumble, mumble...)

sk

Country
    Country Flag

Hey - okay, sorry, sk. These on-line names confuse the hell out of me and I have no idea who anyone really is.

Yep, it's the books that count. I also have a few double-lettered books. I don't like when a book comes up for pre-order as 1/26, and then when it sells out quickly, a second batch of 26 is announced. Just happened with Stinger. I got in on the first 26 and then the print run was changed to 52. As long as I get a single-letter, I'll be happy, I suppose. . .

Country
    Country Flag

Yes, I also pre-ordered one of the first 26 (Stinger), but have no idea if that automatically will mean a single-lettered book. I actually only have one lettered McCammon so far, and that's I Travel By Night (S).I requested the same letter for some recent McCammon pre-orders, but the S was taken. Not for the I Travel By Night series, but for the other books.
    Oh well....

Back to Simmons....

sk

Country
    Country Flag

Hey - well, I hope those of us who ordered first get single-letter copies. I'd be a tad miffed if not!
    I have all but 4 of the McCammon books in lettered state. I Travel by Night is one of the 4 I'm missing! If you ever want to sell your copy
    Bummer about not getting matching letters. That sucks.

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Bill has been routinely matching my letters and numbers for the Matthew Corbett books (by McCammon) but I'm not certain that all of my McCammon books are matched with the same letter. I'll have to check.

Country
    Country Flag

Bob - nice! I know most of mine are matching, but definitely not all. Certainly the old Dark Harvest ones aren't matching in either letter or number. Maybe some of the more recent ones from Bill, but again, I don't think all of them. :-(

Servant of Gan Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears's Avatar

Matching lettered set of the first three Hyperion books. I now have 2 copies of the lettered Endymion. . .looking to sell one of them. Anyone here interested before I go to eBay??

Nice looking books. We've got to encourage Bill to do a 25th anniversary Summer Of Night limited.

Country
    Country Flag

A Summer of Night limited would be nice. So would Fires of Eden, Darwin's Blade, and the Joe Kurtz books. . .

Country
    Country Flag

Carrion Comfort.
    I've got the Dark Harvest trade, but a SubPress numbered/lettered edition would be my ultimate Simmons wish-come-true.

sk

Country
    Country Flag

Siep - Carrion - I have the Dark Harvest trade, numbered, and lettered. I'm honestly not a fan of these older books being re-issued in limited editions when limited editions already exist. It's happened with King and McCammon too - books that were published as limited editions originally have been re-released as new limited editions in recent years. I feel it's just a marketing ploy, and I am definitely a victim as I always break down and buy the new limited, even though I have the original.
    However, if there's an old book that was never issued as a limited, I'm all for it. The new limited of Thinner, for example, or Phases of Gravity, that kind of thing. . .

Country
    Country Flag

Actually I agree with everything you're saying here, Noah.
    You bet it's just a marketing ploy - and I'm the happy sucker who's falling for it - gladly.
    (And so are you! )

sk

Country
    Country Flag

Yep, sure am! Forking over the dough and smiling all the while!

Gunslinger Apprentice Phalucha is a jewel in the rough Phalucha is a jewel in the rough Phalucha is a jewel in the rough Phalucha is a jewel in the rough Phalucha's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I have letter "o" for all the McCammon books except the Corbett tales. But I am missinng letter "o" Baal.

Country
    Country Flag

Hmmm - can't help you on Baal - my copy is BB.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 28 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 ... LastLast