Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 23 of 28 FirstFirst ... 13 21 22 23 24 25 ... LastLast

Thread: The Collectible Dan Simmons

Si em, tow en can de lach jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by RichardX View Post
    Sounds interesting. Many of his recent books have been long-winded disappointments. I hope he has a good editor for this one.
    That's sad to hear. I was looking forward to The Fifth Heart.

Servant of Gan Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BigJoeHillfan View Post
    That sounds pretty cool! I look forward to reading it. It looks like the kindle version will become available about a year before the hardback according to Amazon.
    Not sure I understand that logic on behalf of the publisher unless they have lost faith in Dan Simmons. I won't read it on kindle or any electronic device and have no interest in waiting for the book a year after it is available to be read.

Servant of Gan Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears's Avatar

Many of his recent books have been long-winded disappointments.
    Agree. Simmons makes the reader work, that's for sure. Sometimes the payoff is there, other times not so much. That said he certainly has a diverse catalogue and isn't afraid to explore new territory.

Traveler ShrikeKali is on a distinguished road ShrikeKali's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

OMEGA CANYON has been delayed a couple of times now due to a few different physical problems Simmons has had recently. I’m pretty sure he is still working on it. It was supposed to be published in March 2018 but it looks like the new release date is early 2019.

I’m almost 100% certain the e-book will not be published until the hardback and audiobook are published. In the meantime hopefully he is working on a few other projects that he has mentioned in the recent past.

Greg

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Camelot marked the lettered edition of Olympos down ton$395.

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Mears View Post
    Agree. Simmons makes the reader work, that's for sure. Sometimes the payoff is there, other times not so much. That said he certainly has a diverse catalogue and isn't afraid to explore new territory.
    His books used to be entertaining, educating, intriguing and last but not least, fun. The last few had whole sections that read/felt like textbooks and instruction manuals. Much respect to Simmons for writing exactly the books he wants to write - I'm just not his target audience any longer.

Traveler ShrikeKali is on a distinguished road ShrikeKali's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by BigJoeHillfan View Post
    That sounds pretty cool! I look forward to reading it. It looks like the kindle version will become available about a year before the hardback according to Amazon.
    Not sure I understand that logic on behalf of the publisher unless they have lost faith in Dan Simmons. I won't read it on kindle or any electronic device and have no interest in waiting for the book a year after it is available to be read.
    OMEGA CANYON was originally supposed to be published in March 2017 according to the publisher. But before and after that publication date Dan had some physical setbacks which caused the date to be pushed back to March 2018.

And now the date seems to be in early 2019. I’m almost certain the e-book will not precede the hardcover or audiobook. In the meantime hopefully Dan is working on something else to be published soon, maybe…

Greg

Gunslinger Apprentice Phalucha is a jewel in the rough Phalucha is a jewel in the rough Phalucha is a jewel in the rough Phalucha is a jewel in the rough Phalucha's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by WeDealInLead View Post
    His books used to be entertaining, educating, intriguing and last but not least, fun. The last few had whole sections that read/felt like textbooks and instruction manuals. Much respect to Simmons for writing exactly the books he wants to write - I'm just not his target audience any longer.
    That is perfect description. Text book like...

Country
    Country Flag

Ziesings have the lettered Prayers to Broken Stones for $250. A fair price and their shipping is free.

Gunslinger Apprentice PennyUnwise is a jewel in the rough PennyUnwise is a jewel in the rough PennyUnwise is a jewel in the rough PennyUnwise's Avatar

My Mood
    Relaxed

Hello, I have a matching Hyperion Cantos S/L set from Subterranean Press that I have available for sale. If you are interested send me a PM and I can provide pictures. They all come with mylar covers. I would like to get as close to $950 as possible F&F, however, the price is always negotiable! Shipping would be media mail with signature confirmation included.
    Lettered Wants:
    Altered Carbon "O"

Lettereds for Trade:
    The Passage Trilogy
    Wool Trilogy
    Silence of the Lambs
    Jekyll & Hyde

Gunslinger Apprentice PennyUnwise is a jewel in the rough PennyUnwise is a jewel in the rough PennyUnwise is a jewel in the rough PennyUnwise's Avatar

My Mood
    Relaxed

Hello all, just kind of looking around. I am interested in grabbing a Terror SubPress Lettered for $1,750 Friends & Family. I have some wiggle room, so if I am anywhere near a comfortable price PM me.
    Lettered Wants:
    Altered Carbon "O"

Lettereds for Trade:
    The Passage Trilogy
    Wool Trilogy
    Silence of the Lambs
    Jekyll & Hyde

Gunslinger Apprentice craigobau has a spectacular aura about craigobau has a spectacular aura about craigobau's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Has anyone seen anything recently confirming that Omega Canyon will definitely be coming out (in some form) in March?

I've been working my way through Dan Simmon's back catalogue recently and have enjoyed everything I've read.

I just finished Hyperion and The Fall of Hyperion, both of which I loved, and Black Hills is next on my reading list.

Quote Originally Posted by craigobau View Post
    Has anyone seen anything recently confirming that Omega Canyon will definitely be coming out (in some form) in March?

I've been working my way through Dan Simmon's back catalogue recently and have enjoyed everything I've read.

I just finished Hyperion and The Fall of Hyperion, both of which I loved, and Black Hills is next on my reading list.
    Amazon indicates a February 1 publication date. Hopefully that is accurate.

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

Amazon indicates a February 1 publication date. Hopefully that is accurate.
    Edelweiss, which provides electronic galleys for reviewers, says: On Sale Date: March 1, 2020

On Facebook about a week ago Dan answered a similar question…

Dan Simmons – – OMEGA CANYON is still a work in progress. I shan't go into all the reasons why, but it IS still being written. (It's about 900 pp in final draft right now). I'm sorry that people have been waiting, but -- to quote my late friend Harlan Ellison -- "The work will be finished when the work is FINISHED."

Weedeater Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack's Avatar

I'm actually relieved by this response. I'm glad the delays are due to Simmons still working on it, rather than a perceived lack of public interest by the publisher.
    “If you don't know what you want," the doorman said, "you end up with a lot you don't.”
    ― Chuck Palahniuk, Fight Club

Looking for SubPress Lettered::
    Angel's Game and Prisoner of Heaven (Zafon)
    Ilium (Simmons)

Gunslinger Apprentice craigobau has a spectacular aura about craigobau has a spectacular aura about craigobau's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

On Facebook about a week ago Dan answered a similar question…

Dan Simmons – – OMEGA CANYON is still a work in progress. I shan't go into all the reasons why, but it IS still being written. (It's about 900 pp in final draft right now). I'm sorry that people have been waiting, but -- to quote my late friend Harlan Ellison -- "The work will be finished when the work is FINISHED."
    Thanks @Ben Mears

I started on Black Hills this week and it is shaping up to be another great Simmons epic read.

Gunslinger Apprentice louis2003b has a spectacular aura about louis2003b has a spectacular aura about

Selling
    Hyperion Cantos matching Limited $800
    Hyperion cantos Lettered open to offers

Gunslinger Apprentice jsteltor will become famous soon enough jsteltor's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Selling a copy of Summer of Night SP #417

See THIS THREAD

Thank you
    Wants:
    Insomnia S/L
    Joyland S/L

Have:
    Doctor Sleep - CD PC copy
    Very Best of Best New Horror - PC copy
    Smoke and Mirrors - PC copy
    PS Publishing Anniversary editions set

Servant of Gan kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

New arrival. Happy.

seeking: ANYTHING DT related #246
    Dead Zone 1st Edition F/F or NF/NF
    ANYTHING DT Related #246
    Dead Zone First Edition F/F or NF/NF

Servant of Gan kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Can anyone help me with my search for A Winter Haunting True First F/F or NF with sig not on a book plate?

Thx

ANYTHING DT Related #246

Country
    Country Flag

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by WeDealInLead View Post
    Hey hey Lead. Link does not work on my end. Is it the one for $75 + $5 shipping I thought that was too much. Their rep on Abe and Amazon is not very good either.

But thank you so much for keeping an eye out.

ANYTHING DT Related #246

Country
    Country Flag

That's the one. When it comes to signed Simmons trades, it's really about having patience to play the waiting game. His signed books aren't expensive but they don't come up for sale frequently.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 23 of 28 FirstFirst ... 13 21 22 23 24 25 ... LastLast