Donate To Keep The Site Vibrant Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 28 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 26 ... LastLast
Results 376 to 400 of 682

Thread: The Collectible Dan Simmons

  1. #376
    Gunslinger Apprentice bugen will become famous soon enough bugen's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    70

    Default

    A few copies back up on the site again.
    “Reality is a nice place to visit, but you wouldn’t want to live there.”
    -John Barth

    bugensbooks.com

  2. #377
    Live it. webstar1000 is loved by dogs and cats webstar1000 is loved by dogs and cats webstar1000 is loved by dogs and cats webstar1000 is loved by dogs and cats webstar1000 is loved by dogs and cats webstar1000 is loved by dogs and cats webstar1000 is loved by dogs and cats webstar1000 is loved by dogs and cats webstar1000 is loved by dogs and cats webstar1000 is loved by dogs and cats webstar1000 is loved by dogs and cats webstar1000's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Posts
    16,834
    Country
    Country Flag
    Gender
    Gender

    Default

    Can you not use Pay Pal to purchase?

    EDIT: GOT IT!! I got a lettered. I loved this book
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

  3. #378
    Live it. webstar1000 is loved by dogs and cats webstar1000 is loved by dogs and cats webstar1000 is loved by dogs and cats webstar1000 is loved by dogs and cats webstar1000 is loved by dogs and cats webstar1000 is loved by dogs and cats webstar1000 is loved by dogs and cats webstar1000 is loved by dogs and cats webstar1000 is loved by dogs and cats webstar1000 is loved by dogs and cats webstar1000 is loved by dogs and cats webstar1000's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Posts
    16,834
    Country
    Country Flag
    Gender
    Gender

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by carlosdetweiller View Post
    And it's gone.
    Still 2 left by my calculations...
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

  4. #379
    Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    7,531

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by carlosdetweiller View Post
    And it's gone.
    Still 2 left by my calculations...
    The option to buy a lettered copy was gone for a while yesterday and then it showed back up. I guess there were some copies in shopping carts that didn't get purchased? I don't really know.

    I wish it would sell out. I am seriously considering buying a second lettered copy for resale. I wish they were gone so I could quit thinking about it.

  5. #380
    Live it. webstar1000 is loved by dogs and cats webstar1000 is loved by dogs and cats webstar1000 is loved by dogs and cats webstar1000 is loved by dogs and cats webstar1000 is loved by dogs and cats webstar1000 is loved by dogs and cats webstar1000 is loved by dogs and cats webstar1000 is loved by dogs and cats webstar1000 is loved by dogs and cats webstar1000 is loved by dogs and cats webstar1000 is loved by dogs and cats webstar1000's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Posts
    16,834
    Country
    Country Flag
    Gender
    Gender

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by carlosdetweiller View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by carlosdetweiller View Post
    And it's gone.
    Still 2 left by my calculations...
    The option to buy a lettered copy was gone for a while yesterday and then it showed back up. I guess there were some copies in shopping carts that didn't get purchased? I don't really know.

    I wish it would sell out. I am seriously considering buying a second lettered copy for resale. I wish they were gone so I could quit thinking about it.
    I loved this book like you and do not collect his signed books nor 1st editions. I am going to read all his work and when i seen this.. it was a must for me. I think if this book is done well that re-sale will be VERY good. A lettered for $750 in a market where they are $1000++++++++++++++ ? Safe bet Bob in my eyes. And David Palumbo is one of my favorite artists. His work on Salem's made me a believer!
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

  6. #381
    Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    7,531

    Default

    Lettered edition of Summer of Night now stating "Sold Out." And, interestingly enough, there is another Simmons book announced today by Subterranean Press. This Year's Class Picture is a zombie story and there will be a trade edition and an S/L.

    https://subterraneanpress.com/store/..._class_picture

  7. #382
    Live it. webstar1000 is loved by dogs and cats webstar1000 is loved by dogs and cats webstar1000 is loved by dogs and cats webstar1000 is loved by dogs and cats webstar1000 is loved by dogs and cats webstar1000 is loved by dogs and cats webstar1000 is loved by dogs and cats webstar1000 is loved by dogs and cats webstar1000 is loved by dogs and cats webstar1000 is loved by dogs and cats webstar1000 is loved by dogs and cats webstar1000's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Posts
    16,834
    Country
    Country Flag
    Gender
    Gender

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by carlosdetweiller View Post
    Lettered edition of Summer of Night now stating "Sold Out." And, interestingly enough, there is another Simmons book announced today by Subterranean Press. This Year's Class Picture is a zombie story and there will be a trade edition and an S/L.

    https://subterraneanpress.com/store/..._class_picture
    You go for that one Bob?
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

  8. #383
    Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    7,531

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by carlosdetweiller View Post
    Lettered edition of Summer of Night now stating "Sold Out." And, interestingly enough, there is another Simmons book announced today by Subterranean Press. This Year's Class Picture is a zombie story and there will be a trade edition and an S/L.

    https://subterraneanpress.com/store/..._class_picture
    You go for that one Bob?
    Yes. Dan Simmons is one of the authors I collect. Along with Robert McCammon and Peter Straub. If it is published I try to get it.

  9. #384
    Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    7,473
    Country
    Country Flag
    Gender
    Gender

    Default

    Thanks for the heads up! Both editions preordered.

  10. #385
    Banned WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    London, Ontario
    Posts
    4,954
    Country
    Country Flag
    Gender
    Gender

    Default

    I'll be getting that one when I'm back from work. A quick FYI though, that is not a new story.

  11. #386
    Demon of the Prim RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    WA State
    Posts
    1,014

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WeDealInLead View Post
    I'll be getting that one when I'm back from work. A quick FYI though, that is not a new story.
    Correct. If you have the classic zombie anthology, STILL DEAD, you have this story.

    I'm still torn on whether or not I'm going to take the plunge for the S/L of SUMMER OF NIGHT. One part of me says its price tag is unreasonable and just not a smart use of my budget, especially given that I have a Fine/Fine signed 1st HC, but another part of me says it's one of my favorite books, a classic of the genre, and deserves to be in my collection...not sure yet what to do...


  12. #387
    Live it. webstar1000 is loved by dogs and cats webstar1000 is loved by dogs and cats webstar1000 is loved by dogs and cats webstar1000 is loved by dogs and cats webstar1000 is loved by dogs and cats webstar1000 is loved by dogs and cats webstar1000 is loved by dogs and cats webstar1000 is loved by dogs and cats webstar1000 is loved by dogs and cats webstar1000 is loved by dogs and cats webstar1000 is loved by dogs and cats webstar1000's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Posts
    16,834
    Country
    Country Flag
    Gender
    Gender

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RC65 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by WeDealInLead View Post
    I'll be getting that one when I'm back from work. A quick FYI though, that is not a new story.
    Correct. If you have the classic zombie anthology, STILL DEAD, you have this story.

    I'm still torn on whether or not I'm going to take the plunge for the S/L of SUMMER OF NIGHT. One part of me says its price tag is unreasonable and just not a smart use of my budget, especially given that I have a Fine/Fine signed 1st HC, but another part of me says it's one of my favorite books, a classic of the genre, and deserves to be in my collection...not sure yet what to do...

    Interesting... I bought it just because I loved the book. I bought the lettered cause of that and two other reasons. I think the S/L is high like you for an S/L BUT the price of the lettered seemed lower than it should be and thus the better deal. Hope it is s nice production.. Palumbo is the man right now too Whats a 1st F/F signed go for anyways? I was looking for one last summer but no luck...
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

  13. #388
    Demon of the Prim RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    WA State
    Posts
    1,014

    Default

    I bought the lettered cause of that and two other reasons.
    My experience with the soft aftermarket values on lettereds would never allow me to invest/speculate, but I know there are exceptions...perhaps this will be one. I'm sure it'll be a gorgeous production, regardless.

    Whats a 1st F/F signed go for anyways? I was looking for one last summer but no luck...
    ABE.com has a lot of them with values all over the board, but a real-world, good value would be somewhere between $35 and $50...contrary to what some of these ABE dealers believe, it's not a particularly high-value item.

  14. #389
    Demon of the Prim mikeC has a spectacular aura about mikeC has a spectacular aura about mikeC has a spectacular aura about

    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    1,401

    Default

    $250!? Love that book, artist is great but that's friggin expensive. Way too high.

  15. #390
    Gunslinger Apprentice Anubis2347 has a spectacular aura about Anubis2347 has a spectacular aura about Anubis2347 has a spectacular aura about Anubis2347's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    477
    My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag
    Gender
    Gender

    Default

    I am looking to sell my Subterranean Press S/L copies of Dan Simmons Ilium and Olympos (condition is Fine/Fine).

    What is a good asking price?

  16. #391
    Along the Path of the Beam subpress is a jewel in the rough subpress is a jewel in the rough subpress is a jewel in the rough

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    45

    Default

    Hey all,

    Thanks to everyone who's ponied up for SUMMER OF NIGHT and THIS YEAR'S CLASS PICTURE this week. They're doing well, but one thing we're hearing is that SUMMER, in particular, is stressing folks' budgets, which was not our intention. So, for the next four days, we're offering $50 off any order of $250 or greater (not including postage). If you've already spent that much this week, you'll get a refund in the next few days.

    You need do nothing to take advantage of the order. It'll be applied automatically to qualifying orders. A couple points to keep in mind:

    1. You must be signed in to your account on our site to take advantage of this order.
    2. Limit of one discount per person/account.
    3. This special is good for all in print and forthcoming titles.

    That's all. I hope this'll bring SUMMER into more folks' comfort level. But don't delay too long. Between direct and dealer orders, the lettered is sold out, and fifty percent of the numbered copies are spoken for.

    Best,

    Bill

  17. #392
    Demon of the Prim Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Oklahoma
    Posts
    2,945
    Country
    Country Flag
    Gender
    Gender

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by subpress View Post
    Hey all,

    Thanks to everyone who's ponied up for SUMMER OF NIGHT and THIS YEAR'S CLASS PICTURE this week. They're doing well, but one thing we're hearing is that SUMMER, in particular, is stressing folks' budgets, which was not our intention. So, for the next four days, we're offering $50 off any order of $250 or greater (not including postage). If you've already spent that much this week, you'll get a refund in the next few days.

    You need do nothing to take advantage of the order. It'll be applied automatically to qualifying orders. A couple points to keep in mind:

    1. You must be signed in to your account on our site to take advantage of this order.
    2. Limit of one discount per person/account.
    3. This special is good for all in print and forthcoming titles.

    That's all. I hope this'll bring SUMMER into more folks' comfort level. But don't delay too long. Between direct and dealer orders, the lettered is sold out, and fifty percent of the numbered copies are spoken for.

    Best,

    Bill
    Wow, great deal, Bill! Any chance that This Year's Class Picture could be flat signed by Simmons? I only collect signed first editions of his.

  18. #393
    Along the Path of the Beam subpress is a jewel in the rough subpress is a jewel in the rough subpress is a jewel in the rough

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    45

    Default

    Only the limiteds of CLASS PICTURE will be signed.

    Best,

    Bill

  19. #394
    Gunslinger Apprentice bugen will become famous soon enough bugen's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    70

    Default

    Thank you, Bill!
    “Reality is a nice place to visit, but you wouldn’t want to live there.”
    -John Barth

    bugensbooks.com

  20. #395
    Banned WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    London, Ontario
    Posts
    4,954
    Country
    Country Flag
    Gender
    Gender

    Default

    Nice, thanks!

  21. #396
    Demon of the Prim mikeC has a spectacular aura about mikeC has a spectacular aura about mikeC has a spectacular aura about

    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    1,401

    Default

    Very nice of you to offer that deal Bill.

  22. #397
    Live it. webstar1000 is loved by dogs and cats webstar1000 is loved by dogs and cats webstar1000 is loved by dogs and cats webstar1000 is loved by dogs and cats webstar1000 is loved by dogs and cats webstar1000 is loved by dogs and cats webstar1000 is loved by dogs and cats webstar1000 is loved by dogs and cats webstar1000 is loved by dogs and cats webstar1000 is loved by dogs and cats webstar1000 is loved by dogs and cats webstar1000's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Posts
    16,834
    Country
    Country Flag
    Gender
    Gender

    Default

    Wow so... Correct me if I am wrong... I spent $750 today... And will get a $50 spot back?? That's pretty cool if so!!!
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

  23. #398
    Citizen of Gilead swintek is a jewel in the rough swintek is a jewel in the rough swintek is a jewel in the rough swintek is a jewel in the rough swintek's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    804
    My Mood
    Relaxed

    Default

    That'll help. Had just resigned myself that I would have to do without this (and it's in my top 5 of horror novels). This will prob push me over. Thanks, Bill (and, I mean that both ways ).

    Ron

  24. #399
    Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    7,531

    Default

    I placed three separate orders at Sub Press over the last two days and prior to seeing Bill's offer of $50. But I didn't sign in to a personal account for any of them. For that matter I don't ever recall creating an account at Sub Press and I've been buying their books for many, many years. Will I still be able to get the rebate?

    Edit: Never mind. I just got an e-mail confirming my $50 refund. It was probably in my inbox when I made the post. Thanks, Bill!

  25. #400
    Live it. webstar1000 is loved by dogs and cats webstar1000 is loved by dogs and cats webstar1000 is loved by dogs and cats webstar1000 is loved by dogs and cats webstar1000 is loved by dogs and cats webstar1000 is loved by dogs and cats webstar1000 is loved by dogs and cats webstar1000 is loved by dogs and cats webstar1000 is loved by dogs and cats webstar1000 is loved by dogs and cats webstar1000 is loved by dogs and cats webstar1000's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Posts
    16,834
    Country
    Country Flag
    Gender
    Gender

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by carlosdetweiller View Post
    I placed three separate orders at Sub Press over the last two days and prior to seeing Bill's offer of $50. But I didn't sign in to a personal account for any of them. For that matter I don't ever recall creating an account at Sub Press and I've been buying their books for many, many years. Will I still be able to get the rebate?

    Edit: Never mind. I just got an e-mail confirming my $50 refund. It was probably in my inbox when I made the post. Thanks, Bill!
    I have never signed in either and not received the $50... I'll contact Bill if I don't see it tomorrow .
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 28 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 26 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts