Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free

Thread: Moments from the books you think would be good on camera...(spoilers)

Traveler childe nolan-d is on a distinguished road

:radioactive: Moments from the books you think would be good on camera...(spoilers)

Stole this from another site, but here are some that I liked... I cut out repetitions and came up with 19. Most of these are not mine. Please add to the discussion.

(Potential spoilers from the books ahead)

1. The shoot-out in Tull (obviously)

2. When Roland meets the Man in Black in the castle and says 'finally. Finally in my sights'.

3. Roland and Susannah in the tunnels, being followed by a huge creature in the dark.

4. The final showdown with the Crimson King as written could translate well. However, I would prefer if they changed it to make him a more substantive adversary.

5. When Roland approaches the first door on the beach.

6. I think the Lobstrosities will make the audience "gasp" nicely as well

7. When Roland goes 'into' Eddie, and is on the airplane. That whole scene. Plus airport security.

8. Shootout in Balazar's palace.

9. Shardik....gooey worms coming out of his nose and mouth......gigantic rage.

10. Any and all flashbacks that contain Cort!!!!

11. Oy scenes....but only if they do it right.

12. Blaine.

12. The chases through the concrete city could be a really good build up to Blaine.

13. The hanging of the cook

14. The house with the demon portal

15. The end fight in Calla

16. The Dixie Pig

17. Young Roland, Alain, and Cuthbert gunning down 40 men on horseback.

18. Approaching Los' castle.

19. Charyou Tree, with Roland's tearful eyes held by the flashing Maerlyn's Grapefruit and Susan's exclamation. That was the second most powerful moment in the series after the ending. It will be a shame if it's not in one of the theatrical releases and is part of the NBC series instead. It will be gutted.

Gunslinger Apprentice Slender is on a distinguished road

The palaver with the man in black at the end of The Gunslinger. When I started thinking how the books would translate to film, I began to visualise this scene as a sort of hallucinatory mental battle, a little bit like the ending of It. Walter shows Roland visions of the cosmos and orders him to forsake the Tower... and Roland fights back.

Traveler Son of Paul is on a distinguished road Son of Paul's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I think watching Roland-as-Mort running through the subway, on fire, and leaping in front of a speeding train, will make a great sequence. As I stated in another thread, I feel the first two books are gonna have to be the first movie, so this right here is a great climax to it.

Demon of the Prim blavigne is just really nice blavigne is just really nice blavigne is just really nice blavigne is just really nice blavigne's Avatar

My Mood
    Sad
    Country
    Country Flag

I want to see Roland dance and Oy bow

"Head Clear. Mouth shut. See Much. Say little." Roland Deschain

"Go your way, I'll take the long way 'round. Ill find my own way down, as I should." Ben Howard

Goldmember mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Seeing the Ka-Tet with Red shoes. especially Oy

Does whatever a spiderman does.

Demon of the Prim RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Jake seeing the Rose for the first time. If done right, this could be unforgettable. (I'm not holding my breath, though.)
    Gran-pere Jaffords flashback about how Molly Doolin killed a Wolf - as far as action stuff goes.
    Mia's "eating expeditions" - both the imaginary world and what Susannah did in reality.
    If you are going through hell - keep going

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by RainInSpain View Post
    (I'm not holding my breath, though.)
    Precisely.

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

damned and saved Letti will become famous soon enough Letti will become famous soon enough Letti's Avatar

Hungary (till I move to Fatu Hiva with Brice)
    Country
    Country Flag

Everything. And nothing. If it makes any sense.

Roland would have understood.

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

yes, it does

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Architect Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany's Avatar

My Mood
    Angelic

Can you imagine zooming through the wastelands on Blaine in IMAX?
    People love frozen yogurt. I don't know what to tell you.

Traveler ///Ficarra is on a distinguished road

Country
    Country Flag

+1 for the young Roland, Cuthbert and Alain gunning down the horseman in WAG. One of my favorite moments in the books. So awesome.

Demon of the Prim RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by bethany View Post
    Can you imagine zooming through the wastelands on Blaine in IMAX?
    Just tried imagining this and got motion sickness
    This can be made very exciting in IMAX.
    If you are going through hell - keep going

Traveler Sefear is on a distinguished road Sefear's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Callahan's story, when he jumps out of the building to save himself from getting turned by the vampires and low-men. Think of it everytime I hear "Someone Saved My Life Tonight".

"Battles that last 5 minutes spawn legends that live a thousand years"

Gunslinger Apprentice Delah is on a distinguished road Delah's Avatar

The entire bridge scene going into Lud. Done properly, it could really take the audience on a wild ride. Ratchet up the tension by showing us how dilapidated the bridge is, how scared Eddie is, making it more and more suspenseful until Jake and Oy (almost) fall. Then let the audience breathe a sigh of relief after Jake and Oy are rescued -- pan the camera -- and there's Gasher, against the backdrop of Lud, and all the tension and suspense returns. As nervous as I am about the movies, I think that has the potential to be a great, great scene.

Along the Path of the Beam fivethirtytwo is on a distinguished road fivethirtytwo's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Roland & Oy weeping to Amazing Grace playing on the car radio. Although I think they should play some other sad, contemporary song instead in the movie (Coldplay's Everything's Not Lost comes to mind).
    "If a God watches over it all, does He actually mete out justice for a race of gnats among an infinitude of races of gnats?
    ...what must the nature of such a God be?"

The Gunslinger

Gunslinger Apprentice beam*seeker will become famous soon enough beam*seeker's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Detta breaking the plates, shoplifting and being a tease at the honky tonks
    Mordred sucking out Walter's eyeballs
    Passage through the Cave of the VOices as the Manni open magic door and
    the door home from New England
    Black 13 attempting to seduce Father Callahan and Jake
    Mind trap with cartoon dinosaurs where Oy and Jake trade places
    Birthing of Mordred and Mia getting sucked dry and mummifying
    Showdown with Susan, Roland and the 3 Stephen Kings at the Castle of the CK
    People are always talking about truth.Everybody knows what the truth is,like it was toilet paper or somethin...All there is is bull*...One layer of bullshit on top of another...what you do in life...pick the layer of bull* that you prefer...