Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: The Dark Tower omnibus from Marvel

Along the Path of the Beam Bad Karma will become famous soon enough Bad Karma's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Scratches are one thing...what matters is between the pages...but if they are really wrecked, [bent or torn].... then there's a real issue. I've had good luck so far with Amazon.
    Last edited by Bad Karma; 09-23-2011 at 07:45 AM. Reason: grammer lol

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

When you order what is supposed to be a new copy of a book, scratches are NOT acceptable.

John

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

This may have been discussed previously, but can anyone who owns it out there provide a short "Collector" minded review?

My dilemma is that I have all the individual issues, Some Variants, even more "signed Issues" and Remarqued ARC hardcover's. Is there really any reason to plunk down $150 for this or am I good to go? I trust you folks opinions.

Thanks!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Gunslinger Apprentice neosatus will become famous soon enough neosatus will become famous soon enough neosatus's Avatar

I'm not getting it. I have almost every single other issue though (save 2 variants). It's a fairly cheap and easy way to get them for anyone who hasn't gotten the individuals, though. The comics are the "firsts" and I like them much more. You can get it for $100 though.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by neosatus View Post
    I'm not getting it. I have almost every single other issue though (save 2 variants). It's a fairly cheap and easy way to get them for anyone who hasn't gotten the individuals, though. The comics are the "firsts" and I like them much more. You can get it for $100 though.
    Have to say, I like the way you think!!! Any other opinions?
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Traveler Lodrik has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Could someone check if this is included in the omnibus/companion as well: http://www.hodder.co.uk/search_resul...erm=dark+tower ?
    I know there are quite a few sketches and what not, but is this exact issue/one-shot included (with the cover and all)?

Does anyone know if this is included in the Dark Tower omnibus? I assume if it is collected, then it will be in the companion. I know that it already has a hefty amount of sketches among vast amounts of other stuff, but I'm wondering if this specific "issue" is included in its entirety with the cover.

(Btw, I think(!) I remember posting this already, but I do not know for sure- it either got lost or I do have to wait for approval by the mods. I'm truly sorry if this is a double-post; if possible I'd like to have this post show up.
    If the post indeed "got lost", then please ignore this part in brackets- thank you.)

Guardian of the Beam ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Lodrik View Post
    Does anyone know if this is included in the Dark Tower omnibus? I assume if it is collected, then it will be in the companion. I know that it already has a hefty amount of sketches among vast amounts of other stuff, but I'm wondering if this specific "issue" is included in its entirety with the cover.

(Btw, I think(!) I remember posting this already, but I do not know for sure- it either got lost or I do have to wait for approval by the mods. I'm truly sorry if this is a double-post; if possible I'd like to have this post show up.
    If the post indeed "got lost", then please ignore this part in brackets- thank you.)
    Yes it is - it is in the 2nd book of the Omnibus, pages 505-525, and it does include the cover.

Quote Originally Posted by ELazansky View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Lodrik View Post

Yes it is - it is in the 2nd book of the Omnibus, pages 505-525, and it does include the cover.
    Wow, thank you so much for the (quick !) answer! Very much appreciated.

Gunslinger Apprentice Cloysterpete is on a distinguished road Cloysterpete's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I'm so glad I waited for this to go down in price before I ordered, just ordered from Amazon.com for $54 which is a much more sensible price for the set. Works out as £44 after shipping in my money, Amazon UK still list it for £93!.

I just hope it makes it here in one piece.

Vagrant Dead frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Cloysterpete View Post
    That's one of the reasons I haven't ordered it yet.

sk

Gunslinger Apprentice Cloysterpete is on a distinguished road Cloysterpete's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by frik View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Cloysterpete View Post
    That's one of the reasons I haven't ordered it yet.

sk
    If you look at the most recent reviews it seems they've improved the packing for this, one guy mentioned it comes in a better box while another said his was swaddled in six foot of bubble wrap.

Vagrant Dead frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Do let us know the condition yours arrived in, Pete...

sk

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by frik View Post
    Do let us know the condition yours arrived in, Pete...

sk
    It got here, dinged corners galore on the slipcase, can't say I expected any different tbh, while it doesn't come in a ill fitting box now the only improvement is a tighter fit box and one layer of bubble wrap, box is thin as heck so any knocks end up on the slipcase.

Amazon sent me an email saying this hardly ever happens and if I wanted to keep it they would refund $20. Amazons system is advanced enough that they can look at an items returns percentages with a click so that comment just pissed me off, I fired back a less friendly email mentioning that it was far from uncommon as I knew plently of people who've had problems with this exact title. Of course I also included a great long description of how to pack the book and what type of double walled boxes and materials to use and why collectors of these things are extremely anal over any small imperfections.

It'll cost Amazon a fortune to pay my postage so I would take half off, not $20 though, for that I'll return it. Not long after I gave my constructive criticism Amazn stopped selling the book, now there's a message on there saying its under review because customers have told us were shipping it like morons.

Really I'm not overly fussed about the slipcase, it's the principle, the slipcase is a horrid brown anyway and looks daft next to all my other Marvel hardcovers (non have slipcases) so I would probably just have taken them out of the slipcase and displayed them on the shelf as two books anyway.

Country
    Country Flag

Well I told Amazon I wanted $35 off and they agreed so it ended up costing me £22 for my dinged slipcase copy. Here Marvel hardcovers (regular size not omnibus) go for £20-£25 so if you consider I'm getting two omnibus volumes and a dented slipcase for the same price then I'm happy with that, this omnibus in Amazon UK is still £93!.

But hopefully when they put this back in sale they've improved the shipping again so it'll be safe to order, they improved it a little last time people complained so eventually they'll get it right.

John F. Kennedy richie01 is on a distinguished road

Country
    Country Flag

amazon are terrible with packaging, i ordered the Marvel Omnibus and the slip case a few dings here and there, the box it came in was badly wrapped

Citizen of Gilead thegunslinger41 is just really nice thegunslinger41 is just really nice thegunslinger41 is just really nice thegunslinger41 is just really nice thegunslinger41 is just really nice thegunslinger41's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Collecting the Dark Tower comics is still up in the air for me personally. I have a full run of Gunslinger Born with Variant covers, but that's it. I see how the Graphic Novels are nice, because you have the whole miniseries in one book,..so it's convenient,..but from a collectors/value perspective I really don't see the point in getting these. ..which leads me to the Dark Tower omnibus. Although it is a beautiful 2 volume set with a really nice slipcase, it is pretty costly at a $150 MSRP. Also, there is no information on how many of these were printed! Maybe someone out there know how many were done. Really wish they had made this a limited distribution...###/2500 ###/4000 even. Something!! Make is something different other than just putting together all the arcs to make one big $$$ book to buy. I really doubt this book will hold any substantial value. Sigh....capitalism at it's finest. Would have been awesome if they would have capped production numbers on the comics and possible just released a hardcover novel of the arcs at a much later date. THoughts??? OH...i saw that there was a limited versino of the Gunslinger born HC sighed by Jae Lee...anyone have a pics to post of this?
    "Absorb the genius of the moment." -Michael Stipe
    "Victory is sweet even deep in the cheap seats." -Connor Oberst
    NEED:

One For Road Signed Artist Edition, PS Publishing
    The Gunslinger Viking proof
    Carrie $7.95 Doubleday later printing

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3