Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 39 of 82 FirstFirst ... 29 37 38 39 40 41 49 ... LastLast

Thread: 11/22/63 Collecting Discussion

Gunslinger Apprentice different_seasons will become famous soon enough different_seasons will become famous soon enough different_seasons's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Gris View Post
    Can anyone else get into their order page and see a status?
    Mine is still a go. The order status is still "ok".

Citizen of Gilead LostAlivE will become famous soon enough LostAlivE's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Random Drawing for 11/22/63 Signed Limited Edition Hardcover

Enter below for the chance to win the opportunity to purchase a signed edition of Stephen King’s 11/22/63 for $150.00 plus $9.99 for shipping/handling*, plus any applicable taxes.

Winners will be chosen at random. All participants will be notified via email by end of day on Tuesday, November 15, 2011 as to whether or not they will have an opportunity to purchase the signed edition.

Drawing Ends: Friday, November 11, 2011 at 4:00pm ET.

Only one book per household. US only. See official rules for details.

* Plus $10.00 surcharge in Alaska and Hawaii.
    Entry Form

Along the Path of the Beam texgunslinger is on a distinguished road

My Mood
    Mellow

Me too. Status is "OK" and the charge is still pending on my card.

Gunslinger Apprentice different_seasons will become famous soon enough different_seasons will become famous soon enough different_seasons's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

The lottery begins. They'll probably fuck that up too.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Guardian of the Beam ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

My order status still says OK and the charge is pending at American Express

Demon of the Prim AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

DITTO.........

Lookin' good.

AKC

Hankerin' for poundcake gsvec has a spectacular aura about gsvec has a spectacular aura about gsvec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

So some interesting news. I still hadn't received an email for my CONFIRMED order on Tuesday, so I just called S&S.

I was told that any orders placed on Tuesday WERE ALSO GOING INTO THE LOTTERY. I explained many times that I had a confirmed order on the website and supplied her with my confirmation # and that it was placed prior to the Noon ET cutoff on 11/8 stated on the website. She told me they just got out of a meeting this morning and were told of the change - the website isn't updated. I told her I thought it was a crock!

This is pure bullshit.

This collecting stuff is a sickness! ~Patrick

Along the Path of the Beam texgunslinger is on a distinguished road

My Mood
    Mellow

If that's true then everyone in their PR and customer relations departments needs to be canned.

Along the Path of the Beam Gris will become famous soon enough Gris's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by gsvec View Post
    So some interesting news. I still hadn't received an email for my CONFIRMED order on Tuesday, so I just called S&S.

I was told that any orders placed on Tuesday WERE ALSO GOING INTO THE LOTTERY. I explained many times that I had a confirmed order on the website and supplied her with my confirmation # and that it was placed prior to the Noon ET cutoff on 11/8 stated on the website. She told me they just got out of a meeting this morning and were told of the change - the website isn't updated. I told her I thought it was a crock!

This is pure bullshit.

I JUST got off the phone with a rep (since I can't get the web page to show anything) and she said I'd absolutely be getting a copy.

This gets more fucked up by the minute.
    -Craig

Wanted!!
    Bachman Books HC 1st/1st
    Red Leather Dreamcatcher
    Red Leather Everything's Eventual

Shoot me a PM if you have any of the above!

My Collection

If you are considering a DropBox account, please also consider using me as a reference...
    http://db.tt/Msd4eKO

Demon of the Prim ChristineB is a jewel in the rough ChristineB is a jewel in the rough ChristineB is a jewel in the rough ChristineB's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

This is pure bullshit.
    On the website it still states all orders placed on tuesday will be honored. We shall see if this is true, I guess they can change it again if they want.

Country
    Country Flag

I just called back. talked to another rep, then to their supervisor just to be as 100% sure as I could and both said that if you have a confirmation number from Tuesday you will get a copy.

Probably a freaking ploy to keep us from entering the lotto since they are assuring us we'll get one.
    -Craig

Wanted!!
    Bachman Books HC 1st/1st
    Red Leather Dreamcatcher

My Collection

If you are considering a DropBox account, please also consider using me as a reference...

Hankerin' for poundcake gsvec has a spectacular aura about gsvec has a spectacular aura about gsvec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Witch even had the nerve to wish me luck in the lottery. I'm getting madder by the minute . . .

Country
    Country Flag

Ok, so before I totally boiled over, I called S&S again and got a different rep. She asked for my name (not my order number) and CONFIRMED that I was going to get my book and that I would NOT be part of the lottery. I told her I'd been given a whole different story earlier - she apologized and confirmed again that I WILL be getting my book. WHEW!!!!

Sorry about the false alarm, guys, but I was close to exploding after that first call!

Country
    Country Flag

Demon of the Prim ChristineB is a jewel in the rough ChristineB is a jewel in the rough ChristineB is a jewel in the rough ChristineB's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I have screen shots of the page and it saying all orders will be honored, they can't say it never said that, and due to it saying it now, they also can't legally not honor those orders now.

Traveler tammid is on a distinguished road

What phone number are you guys calling to get in touch with S&S?

I understand that only one book can be purchased per household, and I am fine with that. My question is.... can we enter the lottery more than once per household? Just to increase our chances? Can I enter and my husband enter? Does anyone know?

If I could get a phone number for them, I would call and ask these questions, then I would be happy to post the answer here.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by tammid View Post
    What phone number are you guys calling to get in touch with S&S?

I understand that only one book can be purchased per household, and I am fine with that. My question is.... can we enter the lottery more than once per household? Just to increase our chances? Can I enter and my husband enter? Does anyone know?

If I could get a phone number for them, I would call and ask these questions, then I would be happy to post the answer here.

If you read the rules they state one entry per household.

Link to the rules:
    http://www.simonandschuster.com/stat...eeps_Rules.htm

John F. Kennedy DisneyGuys is on a distinguished road DisneyGuys's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

There are a lot of asterisks in the Official Rules for the lottery that seem to be just a confusing decoration or lead nowhere.
    Two sentences that I found interesting in the official rules for the lottery:

1. " Limit 1 entry per person/email address/household.*”
    So if 3 people live in your household and you understand that you can only ‘purchase’ 1 book per household, you still can only get 1 entry in the lottery.

2. “Sponsor is not responsible for… problems of any kind whether mechanical, human or electronic.*
    So if their system crashes, again, it is not their fault so don’t get mad at them.
    Daniel

This is pure bullshit.

I JUST got off the phone with a rep (since I can't get the web page to show anything) and she said I'd absolutely be getting a copy.
    If you're not seeing anything thru your confirmation link, it's possibly because you didn't create an account. If that's the case the link sends you to a page where you can enter in an email address or create an account.

Enter the email address you used for the order in the top line and hit "proceed to checkout" you'll see your order and status at that point.
    Thanks much,

The Collector www.stephenkingcollector.com
    --Your source for info on rare Stephen King--

Servant of Gan Pasiuk57 is a jewel in the rough Pasiuk57 is a jewel in the rough Pasiuk57 is a jewel in the rough Pasiuk57's Avatar

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

I was out of town when all this started and signed up for the lottery
    What a system...

Gunslinger Apprentice BigCoffinHunter is on a distinguished road BigCoffinHunter's Avatar

Except that now my order doesn't seem to exist. I click the link in the confirmation email, enter my email address, and get a blank screen for "My Account". No order listed.
    If you have created an account, try not clicking on the e-mail link. Just go to www.simonandschuster.com, click on "My Account" at the top, and enter your information. I have had trouble clicking the confirmation link in the e-mail but it always works when I go directly to the website.
    "Smile... It is a fine day..."

Traveler rhinotough is on a distinguished road

To make this even more frustrating, the "Official Rules" state they are not going to hold the drawing until the 14th and you will be notified on the 15th. "Winners will be selected in a random drawing from all eligible entries received on or about November 14th." "All entrants will be notified by email by the end of day [ET] on Tuesday November 15, 2011 as to whether or not they will have an opportunity to purchase "11/22/63."" This just keeps getting better.

Gunslinger Apprentice BigCoffinHunter is on a distinguished road BigCoffinHunter's Avatar

I just took a look at the lottery entry just to see what it was like. It requires name, e-mail, address, physical address, and even your birthdate, which seems like a lot of information. Lazy or not, I'm guessing they could set it up to bounce entries with multiple fields that match, like exact addresses. If anyone is planning on doing multiple entries, I would definitely suggest you do it with different names at different addresses just to be safe.
    "Smile... It is a fine day..."

Country
    Country Flag

The birthday is probably required to make sure the winner is over 18. Minor's can't win monetary prizes directly or enter into legal contracts.
    -Craig

Wanted!!
    Bachman Books HC 1st/1st
    Red Leather Dreamcatcher

My Collection

+ Reply to Thread
Page 39 of 82 FirstFirst ... 29 37 38 39 40 41 49 ... LastLast