Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 49 of 82 FirstFirst ... 39 47 48 49 50 51 59 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,225 of 2026

Thread: 11/22/63 Collecting Discussion

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

I really really hope we won't have to wait all day to find out if we can buy a copy.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Demon of the Prim AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

If the ordering process is in any indication, we will get the email at 4:59 PM EST....

AKC

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Yay! Only 7 more hours of running to check every time i get an email.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

One of The Few The Proud CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Accordign to Tracking info provided by S&S my copy is"out for delivery" so it shoudl be there when I get home from work later today! Woo Hoo.
    DT Spoiler - Enter at your own risk!

Spoiler:
    I can’t remember if I cried
    When I read about Eddie’s widowed bride,
    And something touched me deep inside
    The day the bumbler died.”

Click CAN' Ka No Rey for the entire poem, published in Lighthouse VI!

Jascar of the Wylde EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by carlosdetweiller View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by tippy4 View Post
    Just hard the Police and Fire Department showed up at the King signing in Sarasota due to overcrowding at the book shop.
    Where and how did you hear that? Do you have any details?
    We were there in early morning and throughout the day and did not see any activity requiring Police or Fire Dept. action. When Mr King arrived there was an officer who walked him in and hung back in the area he was signing in. It is possible the Fire dept may have stopped by at some point unnoticed to see there was not an issue with the number of people in the store. In the early morning before the store was open a police car did ride around back of the store where the line had swelled and people were staggling the end of the line what I felt could have had an impact on vehicles trying to drive behind the store. It was shortly after that and after the store opened when the line was all brought out front. We left after getting all our books signed by about 7:15pm to get some dinner however when we passd through the parking lot again about 8:30 the event looked like it had concluded. I suppose it is possible there could have been an issue between 7:15 and 8:30 especially if Mr. Kings flu or illness prevented him from signing as many as people wished however there was nothing either in Sarasota Herald or online that I can find about there being any problem.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I think tippy was being facetious.

John F. Kennedy DisneyGuys is on a distinguished road DisneyGuys's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

I also did not see the Fire Department at the Sarasota signing, but there were three uniformed local police for crowd control and safety. Fortunately, everyone was well behaved with very few people shouted down for trying to cut into the line.

Someone previously in this thread mentioned that buyers would get about 7 seconds with Mr. King, but I counted it to be more like 6 seconds. Very assembly line fashion, but very efficient and moved the line quickly. Mr. King arrived early and started signing about 30 minutes before it was scheduled. That was very nice. Also the morning wristbands were given out about an hour and a half early which was great so I could get on with my day and have lunch and visit the beaches before coming back for the actual signing. Wristbands were distributed down the line with the first group (probably 200) being one color until those were distributed, and then a different color for the next large group, and then a third color. This give you the order that you could get back into line in the evening. Not exactly at your same sequence number in line, but within the same large group.

I think I was fortunate to have a “moment” with Mr. King. He commented about my t-shirt and we exchanged a few words. I think I extended my 6 seconds to about 14. Mr. King was nice about photographers (no flash), but he would not pose or slow the signings to accommodate them. The store had a roped off area where people could step in for a moment and take a photo through the line of book buyers and try to catch a glimpse or shot of Mr. King in between fans moving across in front of the table.

If I can attach a photo here, I can show how it looked. I hope I’m not running on too long for the thread. The information may be interesting to people who have not been to a signing like this before. There were usually always 3 people in front of the table where Mr. King sat. One person would be picking up their signed book, one would be watching their book being signed, and one would be putting their book down on the table opened to the correct page. It was continuously moving.

I must say that Barnes & Noble really handled the crowd and kept the chaos well controlled. They did not seem to have done a signing like this before but their off-the-cuff decisions were good ones. I think everyone left happy with a signed book and a brief encounter with a great writer.

Daniel

Gunslinger Apprentice redsoxfan565 is on a distinguished road

Finally received a tracking number. Never received one email from S&S, luckily I had a confirmation number and I guess that's all I needed. Won't be completely satisfied until I have the book in hand, though.

Along the Path of the Beam Gris will become famous soon enough Gris's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

In my hands...

Sorry for the crummy pics. My good phone died, so using an ancient one while it gets replaced.

I haven't opened the shrinkwrap, and don't plan on it until I get home from work into a "clean" environment, but I can describe the outside.

The jacket is the newspaper looking part that appears "ripped" along the top. The "Extra" circle is actually a sticker that hold a flap down on the dust jacket. Probably revealing text other than "assassination" when you lift it.

The boards are the red pixelated image and title.

Any other questions, just ask.
    -Craig

Wanted!!
    Bachman Books HC 1st/1st
    Red Leather Dreamcatcher
    Red Leather Everything's Eventual

Shoot me a PM if you have any of the above!

My Collection

If you are considering a DropBox account, please also consider using me as a reference...
    http://db.tt/Msd4eKO

Demon of the Prim ChristineB is a jewel in the rough ChristineB is a jewel in the rough ChristineB is a jewel in the rough ChristineB's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Congrats Gris!!!

At least we now know the DJ is different

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Congratulations. Hopefully us on the left coast will get ours tomorrow.

Demon of the Prim ChristineB is a jewel in the rough ChristineB is a jewel in the rough ChristineB is a jewel in the rough ChristineB's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

How was the book packaged Craig? I got a trade edition from them and it was just in a carboard wrapper with no extra padding, this makes me a bit nervous about getting the S/L that way too.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ChristineB View Post
    How was the book packaged Craig? I got a trade edition from them and it was just in a carboard wrapper with no extra padding, this makes me a bit nervous about getting the S/L that way too.
    Mine came in a 4x6x10 cardboard box with the book fully wrapped in bubblewrap. It wasn't the Amazon "Here's you $500 book shipped in nekkid cardboard with no padding whatsoever"
    -Craig

Wanted!!
    Bachman Books HC 1st/1st
    Red Leather Dreamcatcher

My Collection

If you are considering a DropBox account, please also consider using me as a reference...

Country
    Country Flag

Ty, Craig, good to know they are treating these editions better then the trade anyway.

Gunslinger Apprentice iowabob will become famous soon enough iowabob will become famous soon enough iowabob's Avatar

My Mood
    Cynical

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Shipping status on mine shows that it arrived in Philadelphia at 12:04 AM today. Given that it's shipping by ground to the left coast, I don't expect to see it until sometime early next week.

Servant of Gan George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

0930 here in Mountain time, so 1130 Eastern ... I take it nobody has received an e-mail yet? Any bets that no-one does?
    WANT LIST: Any SK #186; Dark Man Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Black Tape Spine Proof; FDNS Unbound Color Proof

Country
    Country Flag

I wouldn't expect to see those emails go out until late in the day.
    Christine

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I wonder if the binding and the kind of paper is different from the trade edition, as was the case with the collector's edition of Under the Dome.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by pablo View Post
    I wonder if the binding and the kind of paper is different from the trade edition, as was the case with the collector's edition of Under the Dome.
    I don't have my trade handy, but the boards are completely covered with art and have that shiny plasticy look instead of being cloth. Is the trade clothe bound?
    -Craig

Wanted!!
    Bachman Books HC 1st/1st
    Red Leather Dreamcatcher

My Collection

Country
    Country Flag

The trade edition has black cloth around the binding, and boards are red paper. They call it 1/4 cloth bound if I am not mistaken.
    Christine

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by iowabob View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Shipping status on mine shows that it arrived in Philadelphia at 12:04 AM today. Given that it's shipping by ground to the left coast, I don't expect to see it until sometime early next week.
    Mine is showing it is in Philly too but with an expected delivery date of tomorrow. I don't see that happening since it is coming UPS Ground and I live in Texas.

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

What about the paper? Is it higher grade? If so, I might look for a copy on eBay or something.

Country
    Country Flag

What about the paper? Is it higher grade? If so, I might look for a copy on eBay or something.
    I can't speak to the quality of the paper yet. Still shrink wrapped until I get home.
    -Craig

Wanted!!
    Bachman Books HC 1st/1st
    Red Leather Dreamcatcher

My Collection

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Gris View Post
    I can't speak to the quality of the paper yet. Still shrink wrapped until I get home.
    It must be killing you!!!

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Staad View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Gris View Post
    It must be killing you!!!
    It is. It's pouring here and even though I'll carry it out in the box, I don't want to take any chances of water touching the book. hehe
    -Craig

Wanted!!
    Bachman Books HC 1st/1st
    Red Leather Dreamcatcher

My Collection

+ Reply to Thread
Page 49 of 82 FirstFirst ... 39 47 48 49 50 51 59 ... LastLast