Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13

Thread: J.R.R. Tolkien, A Master!!!!

Citizen of Gilead swintek will become famous soon enough swintek's Avatar

My Mood
    Mellow

Quote Originally Posted by St. Troy View Post
    I don't personally know, but this may be a valuable tool:

https://www.tolkienguide.com/modules...m.php?forum=12
    Thanks! Cool place over there that I hadn't seen before..

Demon of the Prim Priest is a glorious beacon of light Priest is a glorious beacon of light Priest is a glorious beacon of light Priest is a glorious beacon of light Priest is a glorious beacon of light Priest is a glorious beacon of light Priest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Yes i can confirm that they do, and i was surprised myself as i thought they where actually limited, what they are not.
    From the 12 i do have (just bought the last 2) are 2x6th, 1x5th , 1x3th , 6x1st , 1x 13th ;D (Guess what the 13th is - haha) and one that is not declared. I guess its a first but cant say for sure.

BUT, it is quite hard to find them as first, due to the fact that they are all shrink wrapped and sellers refuse to open. Believe me i tried ;D
    There is no way to spot the printing without opening it. Thats why i decided that in this case i dont focus in the first, it would be a lot of try and error (buy and selling) to get them all first.

2nd. BUT
    check out: http://www.tolkienshop.com/contents/en-uk/d23_01.html
    they sell dedicated firsts. I just bought a first Arthur from them for a little extra.

I checked for you and it could be your lucky day, depending on your budget.
    They do have a dedicated first Hurin, signed by Allan Lee , but its expensive.

Servant of Gan St. Troy is a splendid one to behold St. Troy is a splendid one to behold St. Troy is a splendid one to behold St. Troy is a splendid one to behold St. Troy is a splendid one to behold St. Troy is a splendid one to behold St. Troy is a splendid one to behold St. Troy's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

One thing to watch for: the earliest printing(s) of Tales From the Perilous Realm had 2-color (red & gold) foil stamped on the book, but later printings were only gold foil.
    "That square wasn't round enough," declared the twenty year-old historian philosopher.

Funk-y! becca69 has a brilliant future becca69 has a brilliant future becca69 has a brilliant future becca69 has a brilliant future becca69 has a brilliant future becca69 has a brilliant future becca69 has a brilliant future becca69 has a brilliant future becca69 has a brilliant future becca69 has a brilliant future becca69 has a brilliant future becca69's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by St. Troy View Post
    One thing to watch for: the earliest printing(s) of Tales From the Perilous Realm had 2-color (red & gold) foil stamped on the book, but later printings were only gold foil.
    I just checked mine as I was sure mine was a 1st and the foil stamp is actually 3 color - gold, silver and red.

WANTED:

DT II: The Drawing of the Three S/L #644 FOUND 7/9/15!

MM AGoT, MM ACoK, SP ASoS #320 - GRRM - can trade

Funk-y! becca69 has a brilliant future becca69 has a brilliant future becca69 has a brilliant future becca69 has a brilliant future becca69 has a brilliant future becca69 has a brilliant future becca69 has a brilliant future becca69 has a brilliant future becca69 has a brilliant future becca69 has a brilliant future becca69 has a brilliant future becca69's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Also, I have a 2nd print Simarillion, 3rd print Children of Húrin, Hobbit doesn't have a designation, 1st print Arthur, 1st print Sigurd and Gundrún, and 1st print Fall of Gondolin.

Does anyone know if Beren and Lúthien might still be in a 1st printing as I didn't get that one on release??

Also still looking for Beowulf, Kullervo, Unfinished Tales in 1st prints.
    WANTED:

Demon of the Prim Priest is a glorious beacon of light Priest is a glorious beacon of light Priest is a glorious beacon of light Priest is a glorious beacon of light Priest is a glorious beacon of light Priest is a glorious beacon of light Priest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Default J.R.R. Tolkien, A Master!!!!

My Beren is a third - so newer copies won’t be firsts - sorry

But try Rene - he has a lot of firsts for sale

Country
    Country Flag

Default J.R.R. Tolkien, A Master!!!!

Just unpacked a new fellow moving in

Only one missing

Servant of Gan St. Troy is a splendid one to behold St. Troy is a splendid one to behold St. Troy is a splendid one to behold St. Troy is a splendid one to behold St. Troy is a splendid one to behold St. Troy is a splendid one to behold St. Troy is a splendid one to behold St. Troy's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by becca69 View Post
    I just checked mine as I was sure mine was a 1st and the foil stamp is actually 3 color - gold, silver and red.
    Hell yes, gorgeous.
    "That square wasn't round enough," declared the twenty year-old historian philosopher.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Priest View Post

He had a Kullervo, score!
    WANTED:

Gunslinger Apprentice ruderabbit will become famous soon enough ruderabbit's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

I have found that I have an extra copy of The Hobbit, Folio Society, leatherbound, slipcased, Numbered _ of 1750(can't recall the number at the moment).

The book and slipcase both would grade nearfine plus. The leather and silk that they used does not lend itself to fine or very fine grade.

The book is likely unread, and was described that way when I purchased it.

I would like $380 for it, that will also cover Priority Shipping in the US, and extra $35 for overseas shipping.

~Mark

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by becca69 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Priest View Post

He had a Kullervo, score!
    That is awesome!
    I’m happy that you could close a gap

Country
    Country Flag

I found Beowulf 1st print from Abe. So down to Beren and Unfinished Tales, and then maybe trying to replace Children. Simarillion is almost impossible as it had a very small first print and was super expensive ($600) back when I bought the 2nd printing. I also don’t have LOTR because I preferred the gray/black edition that was released a while ago.
    WANTED:

Gunslinger Apprentice ruderabbit will become famous soon enough ruderabbit's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Any interest in these Tolkien. LOTR and SILMARILLION were both purchased from U.K. In February 2015, the others that summer. The three book hardcover boxset has never been opened.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13