Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: The collectible Tim Powers

Citizen of Gilead Lauterer has a spectacular aura about Lauterer has a spectacular aura about Lauterer's Avatar

My Mood
    Devilish

Quote Originally Posted by cit74 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Lauterer View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by cit74 View Post
    Here is the direct link to centipede press site:

http://www.centipedepress.com/sf/anubisgates.html

in case you would rather give the extra $20 to Jerad.

I was just perusing this thread, after "speaking with Jerad". I have never read any Tim Powers books. Do you feel that the anubis gates would be a good start? And would it be worth picking up this edition of the book? Thanks for any advice
    I can still order with this link, but will i receive a copy from Centipede ( i ordered?!)??? Subterrain seems to be sold?
    That is the direct link through the centipede press website - so there should be copies available - if not you would get an email directly from them saying it was sold out. No idea how many copies subpress had - but as far as I know it was only being sold directly through centipede press and the subpress link
    So is still have the hope to get one. Two days ago i realized the book at subterrain and i thought, man what a nice book > Watch list. Yesterday i received the newsletter and jumped immedeatly to the site, realized that only 35 left @ subterrain with no advertising at the time of incoming newsletter. Those last copies sold in a few hours then... i thought i would have more time to check my dollars...^^
    So thanks again for the link to centipede!

Servant of Gan Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Couple of PC's from SP's half price sale

Just starting to get into this guy.

Citizen of Gilead Lauterer has a spectacular aura about Lauterer has a spectacular aura about Lauterer's Avatar

My Mood
    Devilish

Wooow, the bible repairman cover is awesome fucking good. I love that!

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

I have both of those-GREAT stories.

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Recent interview:

Country
    Country Flag

I made a sizeable Powers purchase from Subterranean during their 50% off sale. VERY excited to have bought it.

Citizen of Gilead swintek is just really nice swintek is just really nice swintek is just really nice swintek is just really nice swintek's Avatar

My Mood
    Relaxed

Quote Originally Posted by WeDealInLead View Post
    I made a sizeable Powers purchase from Subterranean during their 50% off sale. VERY excited to have bought it.
    Oooohhh, neat- whaddidyaget?!

Country
    Country Flag

A triplet of lettereds with matching letters.

Citizen of Gilead mistercrowley has a spectacular aura about mistercrowley has a spectacular aura about

My Mood
    Devilish

Did you get the Centipede Press edition of The Anubis Gates?

My Mood
    Devilish

MMh, my newest Tim Power buy:

Tim Powers - The anubis gates - first/first - signed, inscribes and remarqued by himself - very strange copy :-)

Citizen of Gilead swintek is just really nice swintek is just really nice swintek is just really nice swintek is just really nice swintek's Avatar

My Mood
    Relaxed

Quote Originally Posted by WeDealInLead View Post
    A triplet of lettereds with matching letters.
    Ohhh, those are going to be nice. Please shoot a couple pics when you get 'em a get a chance!

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by mistercrowley View Post
    Did you get the Centipede Press edition of The Anubis Gates?
    You know it!

Country
    Country Flag

Detailed pictures in my collection thread.

My Mood
    Relaxed

Thanks for the pics! I did go check 'em out in your collections thread. That is a sweet set of books. I'm a fairly "deep" Powers collector, and don't have that lettered set. I like that traycase!

Oh, and very much agree with The Drawing of the Dark- one of my favorite editions.

Servant of Gan Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Those are great. Didn't realize they were sold like that in a three book case.
    Just finished reading the Anubis Gates. Can't wait for Jerad's version, altho not sure what he meant in the last newsletter:
    "My goal actually was to make a trade edition of The Anubis Gates that would rival the legendary Charnel House deluxe edition of Last Call. You know how ridiculously expensive and hard to find that book is on the secondary market." He must mean the lettered, so I really can't wait til November, is it?

My Mood
    Devilish

Quote Originally Posted by Lurker View Post
    Those are great. Didn't realize they were sold like that in a three book case.
    Just finished reading the Anubis Gates. Can't wait for Jerad's version, altho not sure what he meant in the last newsletter:
    "My goal actually was to make a trade edition of The Anubis Gates that would rival the legendary Charnel House deluxe edition of Last Call. You know how ridiculously expensive and hard to find that book is on the secondary market." He must mean the lettered, so I really can't wait til November, is it?
    Who is Jerad?

Country
    Country Flag

Centipede Press

Country
    Country Flag

Heads up for anyone who ordered Anubis Gates from CP. These should be shipping soon. I deleted my email but I think it said the books are arriving this week.

Guardian of the Beam cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Jerad said they'll hopefully arrive to him this week - I found a copy of last call on eBay - 1 sub press and 1 charnel house for a good price - so looking forward to them as well - they should all arrive around the same time

Country
    Country Flag

Here's what he wrote:

We are told that our delivery of The Anubis Gates and The Monk will take place on Monday. Or Wednesday. We’ll see, right? Anyway, Monday is supposed to be 65 degrees and sunny, so it would be a perfect day to receive 7,600 lbs of books! So once I have everything moved into the garage, I’ll start breaking down everything and getting your orders packed and delivered. Please allow for about 3-4 weeks for me to get all of these orders packed and shipped. I’ll be working overtime. The first orders will start heading out on Thursday or Friday. Maybe earlier, just depends if that truck gets here Monday or Wednesday. If you have any concerns about any of this, do let me know!

Can't wait to see it.

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

The First Level of Hell - It's got a great view!
    Country
    Country Flag

The Centipede Anubis Gates looks so nice. I've been trying to decide whether to get this or not. I've never read Tim Powers. How is the story and is this a book worth owning?
    Wanted: Human skin edition of The Book of the Dead. Will accept PC copy.

Country
    Country Flag

Becca,

I haven't read the book yet but I do love him and everything I've read by him. For a few quick thoughts, go to previous page, post #70. His books are a challenge and even there's seemingly nothing going on, there is a lot going on. The man is a genius, straight up. He explores "Secret Histories" which is also the name of his biography. He takes real events and real people and explores through his bizzaro lens why those things happened, or those What If questions.

Here's a cool interview with Powers. http://www.ignatiusinsight.com/featu...tvw_sept05.asp

I'd start with short stories and interviews before committing to 700 pages of dense writing.

Gunslinger Apprentice Booknutt is on a distinguished road Booknutt's Avatar

Anubis Gates is hands down my favorite time travel novel.

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

The First Level of Hell - It's got a great view!
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks for the input! I'm still torn as to whether to jump on this before it's sold out or not. I just really like the looks of it
    Wanted: Human skin edition of The Book of the Dead. Will accept PC copy.

Guardian of the Beam ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by becca69 View Post
    Thanks for the input! I'm still torn as to whether to jump on this before it's sold out or not. I just really like the looks of it
    I've been thinking the same thing - the description of what the book is made of sounds just as interesting as the book itself

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast