Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Thread: The collectible Tim Powers

Citizen of Gilead swintek is just really nice swintek is just really nice swintek is just really nice swintek is just really nice swintek's Avatar

My Mood
    Relaxed

Quote Originally Posted by St. Troy View Post
    I've never heard of Tim Powers, just went to read an online sample of Last Call, and I'm hooked.

You never know where you'll find the next one...
    Oh boy- look out! Powers is great- and he has some of the most desirable editions out there... Just beautiful books.

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Can anyone recommend a nice edition of Last Call, particularly one that might be had on the cheap in the secondary market (not looking for rare/lettered, maybe just something that is cool but won't break the bank)?
    It seems I'm miles above the surface of the Earth

I can see across the whole of London and beyond

Guardian of the Beam cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by WeDealInLead View Post
    Here's The Collected Stories of Tim Powers: https://www.amazon.com/Down-Out-Purg...rds=tim+powers

Charnel House is doing the limited edition. This is what their website has to say about it: "The Collected Stories of Tim Powers is now being designed. The 22 story Charnel House Edition will be a tall drink of water in a binding you have never seen or touched before. More on this title soon."
    Good to know as I have every one of their limited editions for Powers - hopefully it won’t break the bank
    Wanted:
    Gunslinger s/l #344
    Drawing of The Three s/l #344

“A good hockey player plays where the puck is. A great hockey player plays where the puck is going to be.” Wayne Gretzky

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

The First Level of Hell - It's got a great view!
    Country
    Country Flag

Can anyone recommend a nice edition of Last Call, particularly one that might be had on the cheap in the secondary market (not looking for rare/lettered, maybe just something that is cool but won't break the bank)?
    I don't have a copy of Last Call for you but I did get an extra copy of Medusa's Web S/L in a grab bag. If you're interested I could give you a great deal on that.
    Wanted: Human skin edition of The Book of the Dead. Will accept PC copy.

Citizen of Gilead swintek is just really nice swintek is just really nice swintek is just really nice swintek is just really nice swintek's Avatar

My Mood
    Relaxed

Quote Originally Posted by becca69 View Post
    I don't have a copy of Last Call for you but I did get an extra copy of Medusa's Web S/L in a grab bag. If you're interested I could give you a great deal on that.
    That is one of the better Powers limited's, and highly recommended. Extremely nice, oversized, J.K. Potter Illustrated, great interior design, slipcased, Subpress production. A must have.

Guardian of the Beam cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Camelot has pretty good prices on a lot of powers limited - pretty close to original on most...but no copies of last call:

http://camelotbooks.com/books/author/powers-tim
    Wanted:
    Gunslinger s/l #344

“A good hockey player plays where the puck is. A great hockey player plays where the puck is going to be.” Wayne Gretzky

My Mood
    Relaxed

Ruling out both Charnel House editions as too costly (But, man, are they both incredible), I highly recommend Subterranean's J.K. Potter illustrated edition. They were easily had fairly cheap for years, but am only seeing them at around $75 right now. If you're patient, you may snag one at $60- I'd grab it. It's really nice. Truthfully, the Morrow first edition is a nice, solid trade that can be had for under $20 all day long.

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Thanks all.
    It seems I'm miles above the surface of the Earth

I can see across the whole of London and beyond

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Powers is signing in San Diego on November 4th:

http://www.mystgalaxy.com/event/tim-...igns-san-diego

Anyone going? I'd love to get an inscribed book and would compensate for time and effort. I know I could order one direct from the website but I'm not sure how much care the store puts into packing.

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

The First Level of Hell - It's got a great view!
    Country
    Country Flag

Anyone going? I'd love to get an inscribed book and would compensate for time and effort. I know I could order one direct from the website but I'm not sure how much care the store puts into packing.
    Mysterious Galaxy is great! I buy from them all the time. You can request personalization/inscriptions and they will do their best. The books are always wrapped and shipped in a box. Of course, you can always put that in the request box as well.
    Wanted: Human skin edition of The Book of the Dead. Will accept PC copy.

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks. Just ordered an inscribed copy.

Demon of the Prim lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Here's The Collected Stories of Tim Powers: https://www.amazon.com/Down-Out-Purg...rds=tim+powers

Charnel House is doing the limited edition. This is what their website has to say about it: "The Collected Stories of Tim Powers is now being designed. The 22 story Charnel House Edition will be a tall drink of water in a binding you have never seen or touched before. More on this title soon."
    I'm super curious about this! I've been collecting the last few Tim Powers books from Charnel House (and like pretty much everyone in this thread one of my most desired books is a lettered Last Call) but I've never sprung for a lettered. Something I've "never seen or touched before" may be too intriguing to pass up...

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by becca69 View Post

Mysterious Galaxy is great! I buy from them all the time. You can request personalization/inscriptions and they will do their best. The books are always wrapped and shipped in a box. Of course, you can always put that in the request box as well.
    Thanks again for the info on this. I received my inscribed book today and I'm over the moon about it!

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Quote Originally Posted by swintek View Post
    ...the Morrow first edition is a nice, solid trade that can be had for under $20 all day long.
    I ended up receiving one of these (used Morrow hardcover) for Christmas, can't wait to read it (hope to get to it in the first half of 2018 ).

Demon of the Prim lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by lotuz View Post

I'm super curious about this! I've been collecting the last few Tim Powers books from Charnel House (and like pretty much everyone in this thread one of my most desired books is a lettered Last Call) but I've never sprung for a lettered. Something I've "never seen or touched before" may be too intriguing to pass up...
    Just got the email that this title is available for pre-order.

The numbered is limited to 124 copies and is "Bound in Japanese “Snow Dust” silk silver foiled label imbedded in the front board" ($300) LINK

The lettered is "Bound in three quarter crimson Morocco leather over Japanese “Snow Dust” silk" ($1000) LINK

Not sure if this counts as a "binding you have never seen or touched before" but I'm sure it'll be a pretty book. And big, too: 7" x 11" and 476 pages, quite larger than the last couple of Tim Powers books that Joe has put out.

Country
    Country Flag

Just got the email that this title is available for pre-order.

The numbered is limited to 124 copies and is "Bound in Japanese “Snow Dust” silk silver foiled label imbedded in the front board" ($300) LINK

The lettered is "Bound in three quarter crimson Morocco leather over Japanese “Snow Dust” silk" ($1000) LINK

Not sure if this counts as a "binding you have never seen or touched before" but I'm sure it'll be a pretty book. And big, too: 7" x 11" and 476 pages, quite larger than the last couple of Tim Powers books that Joe has put out.
    Looks like the numbered edition has sold out - I hope someone else here was able to snag one!

Demon of the Prim TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Interesting. Not used to seeing S/Ls sell out before Lettereds.
    "Monsters are real, and ghosts are real too. They live inside us, and sometimes they win." - SK

WTB:
    - S/L 'Storm Front' Jim Butcher (Subterranean Press)
    - S/L 'Fool Moon' Jim Butcher (Subterranean Press)

Country
    Country Flag

Only 125 made. Maybe that's why. I missed out on getting one.

Country
    Country Flag

Yeah they were sold out at subpress and Camelot too
    Wanted:
    Gunslinger s/l #344

Country
    Country Flag

Charnel House is doing the limited edition of Alternate Routes. It's also available through Camelot. I have my on layaway.

I have to admit the cover art for the trade edition seems a little too modern urban fantasy-ish. I still ordered an inscribed copy.

Country
    Country Flag

Charnel House is doing the limited edition of Alternate Routes. It's also available through Camelot. I have my on layaway.

I have to admit the cover art for the trade edition seems a little too modern urban fantasy-ish. I still ordered an inscribed copy.
    I have a copy from Camelot too. Was that the inscribed copy you mentioned or did you order another copy of the trade inscribed? If so from where?
    Wanted:
    Gunslinger s/l #344

Country
    Country Flag

I ordered an inscribed trade from Mysterious Galaxy.

Country
    Country Flag

I ordered an inscribed trade from Mysterious Galaxy.
    Got it - thanks.
    Wanted:
    Gunslinger s/l #344

Country
    Country Flag

Here's a Tim Powers original painting by Tim Powers: https://www.ebay.com/itm/HORRABIN-or...783d%7Ciid%3A1

Country
    Country Flag

I finally received the limited of Alternate Routes from Charnel House. Materials and paper are really nice but I have to admit I was expecting a little more of, well, anything. The book came with a letter from the publisher explaining why the book wasn't issued with a slipcase - the stamped gold foil would rub off. The slipcase that will hold all three books will be issued with the last book in the trilogy.

I also picked up Poems. Here I am thinking hard whether I should buy a new pair of jeans and then I spend $150 on a book of poems.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast