Donate To Keep The Site Robust And Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9
Results 201 to 213 of 213

Thread: The collectible Tim Powers

  1. #201
    Citizen of Gilead swintek will become famous soon enough swintek's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    527
    My Mood
    Mellow

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by St. Troy View Post
    I've never heard of Tim Powers, just went to read an online sample of Last Call, and I'm hooked.

    You never know where you'll find the next one...
    Oh boy- look out! Powers is great- and he has some of the most desirable editions out there... Just beautiful books.

  2. #202
    Demon of the Prim St. Troy is a name known to all St. Troy is a name known to all St. Troy is a name known to all St. Troy is a name known to all St. Troy is a name known to all St. Troy is a name known to all St. Troy's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    Near Boston
    Posts
    1,049
    Country
    Country Flag
    Gender
    Gender

    Default

    Can anyone recommend a nice edition of Last Call, particularly one that might be had on the cheap in the secondary market (not looking for rare/lettered, maybe just something that is cool but won't break the bank)?
    Merry Christmas!

  3. #203
    Rabid Billybumbler cit74 is a splendid one to behold cit74 is a splendid one to behold cit74 is a splendid one to behold cit74 is a splendid one to behold cit74 is a splendid one to behold cit74 is a splendid one to behold cit74 is a splendid one to behold cit74's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Northern Cali
    Posts
    2,552
    Country
    Country Flag
    Gender
    Gender

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WeDealInLead View Post
    Here's The Collected Stories of Tim Powers: https://www.amazon.com/Down-Out-Purg...rds=tim+powers

    Charnel House is doing the limited edition. This is what their website has to say about it: "The Collected Stories of Tim Powers is now being designed. The 22 story Charnel House Edition will be a tall drink of water in a binding you have never seen or touched before. More on this title soon."
    Good to know as I have every one of their limited editions for Powers - hopefully it wont break the bank
    Wanted:
    Gunslinger s/l #344
    Drawing of The Three s/l #344


    A good hockey player plays where the puck is. A great hockey player plays where the puck is going to be. Wayne Gretzky

  4. #204
    Donate to HF Mateys! becca69 has much to be proud of becca69 has much to be proud of becca69 has much to be proud of becca69 has much to be proud of becca69 has much to be proud of becca69 has much to be proud of becca69 has much to be proud of becca69 has much to be proud of becca69 has much to be proud of becca69 has much to be proud of becca69's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    The First State
    Posts
    4,528
    Country
    Country Flag
    Gender
    Gender

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by St. Troy View Post
    Can anyone recommend a nice edition of Last Call, particularly one that might be had on the cheap in the secondary market (not looking for rare/lettered, maybe just something that is cool but won't break the bank)?
    I don't have a copy of Last Call for you but I did get an extra copy of Medusa's Web S/L in a grab bag. If you're interested I could give you a great deal on that.
    WANTED:

    DT II: The Drawing of the Three S/L #644 FOUND 7/9/15!

    MM AGoT, MM ACoK, SP ASoS #320 - GRRM - can trade

  5. #205
    Citizen of Gilead swintek will become famous soon enough swintek's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    527
    My Mood
    Mellow

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by becca69 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by St. Troy View Post
    Can anyone recommend a nice edition of Last Call, particularly one that might be had on the cheap in the secondary market (not looking for rare/lettered, maybe just something that is cool but won't break the bank)?
    I don't have a copy of Last Call for you but I did get an extra copy of Medusa's Web S/L in a grab bag. If you're interested I could give you a great deal on that.
    That is one of the better Powers limited's, and highly recommended. Extremely nice, oversized, J.K. Potter Illustrated, great interior design, slipcased, Subpress production. A must have.

  6. #206
    Rabid Billybumbler cit74 is a splendid one to behold cit74 is a splendid one to behold cit74 is a splendid one to behold cit74 is a splendid one to behold cit74 is a splendid one to behold cit74 is a splendid one to behold cit74 is a splendid one to behold cit74's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Northern Cali
    Posts
    2,552
    Country
    Country Flag
    Gender
    Gender

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by St. Troy View Post
    Can anyone recommend a nice edition of Last Call, particularly one that might be had on the cheap in the secondary market (not looking for rare/lettered, maybe just something that is cool but won't break the bank)?
    Camelot has pretty good prices on a lot of powers limited - pretty close to original on most...but no copies of last call:

    http://camelotbooks.com/books/author/powers-tim
    Wanted:
    Gunslinger s/l #344
    Drawing of The Three s/l #344


    A good hockey player plays where the puck is. A great hockey player plays where the puck is going to be. Wayne Gretzky

  7. #207
    Citizen of Gilead swintek will become famous soon enough swintek's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    527
    My Mood
    Mellow

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by St. Troy View Post
    Can anyone recommend a nice edition of Last Call, particularly one that might be had on the cheap in the secondary market (not looking for rare/lettered, maybe just something that is cool but won't break the bank)?
    Ruling out both Charnel House editions as too costly (But, man, are they both incredible), I highly recommend Subterranean's J.K. Potter illustrated edition. They were easily had fairly cheap for years, but am only seeing them at around $75 right now. If you're patient, you may snag one at $60- I'd grab it. It's really nice. Truthfully, the Morrow first edition is a nice, solid trade that can be had for under $20 all day long.

  8. #208
    Demon of the Prim St. Troy is a name known to all St. Troy is a name known to all St. Troy is a name known to all St. Troy is a name known to all St. Troy is a name known to all St. Troy is a name known to all St. Troy's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    Near Boston
    Posts
    1,049
    Country
    Country Flag
    Gender
    Gender

    Default

    Thanks all.
    Merry Christmas!

  9. #209
    Weedeater WeDealInLead is a name known to all WeDealInLead is a name known to all WeDealInLead is a name known to all WeDealInLead is a name known to all WeDealInLead is a name known to all WeDealInLead is a name known to all

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    London, Ontario
    Posts
    3,722
    Country
    Country Flag
    Gender
    Gender

    Default

    Powers is signing in San Diego on November 4th:

    http://www.mystgalaxy.com/event/tim-...igns-san-diego

    Anyone going? I'd love to get an inscribed book and would compensate for time and effort. I know I could order one direct from the website but I'm not sure how much care the store puts into packing.

  10. #210
    Donate to HF Mateys! becca69 has much to be proud of becca69 has much to be proud of becca69 has much to be proud of becca69 has much to be proud of becca69 has much to be proud of becca69 has much to be proud of becca69 has much to be proud of becca69 has much to be proud of becca69 has much to be proud of becca69 has much to be proud of becca69's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    The First State
    Posts
    4,528
    Country
    Country Flag
    Gender
    Gender

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WeDealInLead View Post
    Powers is signing in San Diego on November 4th:

    http://www.mystgalaxy.com/event/tim-...igns-san-diego

    Anyone going? I'd love to get an inscribed book and would compensate for time and effort. I know I could order one direct from the website but I'm not sure how much care the store puts into packing.
    Mysterious Galaxy is great! I buy from them all the time. You can request personalization/inscriptions and they will do their best. The books are always wrapped and shipped in a box. Of course, you can always put that in the request box as well.
    WANTED:

    DT II: The Drawing of the Three S/L #644 FOUND 7/9/15!

    MM AGoT, MM ACoK, SP ASoS #320 - GRRM - can trade

  11. #211
    Weedeater WeDealInLead is a name known to all WeDealInLead is a name known to all WeDealInLead is a name known to all WeDealInLead is a name known to all WeDealInLead is a name known to all WeDealInLead is a name known to all

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    London, Ontario
    Posts
    3,722
    Country
    Country Flag
    Gender
    Gender

    Default

    Thanks. Just ordered an inscribed copy.

  12. #212
    Along the Path of the Beam lotuz is on a distinguished road lotuz's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    47
    Country
    Country Flag
    Gender
    Gender

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WeDealInLead View Post
    Here's The Collected Stories of Tim Powers: https://www.amazon.com/Down-Out-Purg...rds=tim+powers

    Charnel House is doing the limited edition. This is what their website has to say about it: "The Collected Stories of Tim Powers is now being designed. The 22 story Charnel House Edition will be a tall drink of water in a binding you have never seen or touched before. More on this title soon."
    I'm super curious about this! I've been collecting the last few Tim Powers books from Charnel House (and like pretty much everyone in this thread one of my most desired books is a lettered Last Call) but I've never sprung for a lettered. Something I've "never seen or touched before" may be too intriguing to pass up...

  13. #213
    Weedeater WeDealInLead is a name known to all WeDealInLead is a name known to all WeDealInLead is a name known to all WeDealInLead is a name known to all WeDealInLead is a name known to all WeDealInLead is a name known to all

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    London, Ontario
    Posts
    3,722
    Country
    Country Flag
    Gender
    Gender

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by becca69 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by WeDealInLead View Post
    Powers is signing in San Diego on November 4th:

    http://www.mystgalaxy.com/event/tim-...igns-san-diego

    Anyone going? I'd love to get an inscribed book and would compensate for time and effort. I know I could order one direct from the website but I'm not sure how much care the store puts into packing.
    Mysterious Galaxy is great! I buy from them all the time. You can request personalization/inscriptions and they will do their best. The books are always wrapped and shipped in a box. Of course, you can always put that in the request box as well.
    Thanks again for the info on this. I received my inscribed book today and I'm over the moon about it!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts