Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 94 of 126 FirstFirst ... 44 84 92 93 94 95 96 104 ... LastLast
Results 2,326 to 2,350 of 3133

Thread: The Collectible Neil Gaiman

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by somekindofstranger View Post
    Despite being the person who shared the link, I missed the end of this auction! I have a signed Melissa already but had meant to pick a couple up :-(
    Hopefully he didn't sell them all and might post the remainder.
    If you can't get one from him, I'd be happy to hook you up at cost with one of my extras (once they arrive).
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Servant of Gan sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    Despite being the person who shared the link, I missed the end of this auction! I have a signed Melissa already but had meant to pick a couple up :-(
    Hopefully he didn't sell them all and might post the remainder.
    If you can't get one from him, I'd be happy to hook you up at cost with one of my extras (once they arrive).
    You want to think twice

Servant of Gan sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Br!an View Post
    Mine just arrived. Signed and numbered 324 & 325.
    Mine arrived today - 217 & 289 Signed and Numbered

Guardian of the Beam cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Wow - that's great news. Mine are both in transit - so I hope that I continue the streak. Interestingly from Petes description:

copies of MELINDA printed. One thousand of those copies included a signed and numbered tip-in page, with the signatures of Neil Gaiman and Dagmara Matuszak. Two hundred copies (not including the tip-in page) were printed for use as publicity copies. Out of those two hundred copies, 130 remain. These 130 copies are now being made available for sale to Ebay buyers. Each and every copy is in perfect and unread condition.

The signed copies were sold at a price of $95. We are making these unsigned (but available nowhere else) copies at a price of $23.00.

Now the first batch he had listed 129 copies sold - of the 130 noted above. Then a new listing was added this morning - for that 130th copy (must've been the one Becca got) and that seems to be it - all 130 copies sold. Most bought 1-2 copies - there were a few buyers that ordered 5 to 20 copies. Will be curious to see how many here get numbered/signed copies and if anyone gets an unsigned copy. If so does it have anything to do with when order was placed? Who knows how Pete pulled them together to ship. Mine were part of the early group - first 15 ordered and mine was on the 22nd - there was a scattered few on the 21/22/23 - about 20 more copies

I assume those that got theirs already were in these first groupings...so curious to see how the signed copies associate with when ordered and if there'll be any unsigned copies we see...

Guardian of the Beam ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

It is a little odd that these copies are coming signed and numbered. Are they also coming with the numbered envelopes? I ordered two more myself to go with the one I already had, which includes the envelope. I was just planning to give them to my kids.

Traveler Disavowed is on a distinguished road

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ELazansky View Post
    It is a little odd that these copies are coming signed and numbered. Are they also coming with the numbered envelopes? I ordered two more myself to go with the one I already had, which includes the envelope. I was just planning to give them to my kids.
    They did not come with the envelope. Also, it is worth noting that they are not signed by the illustrator. I believe the original numbered run was double-signed by Gaiman and the illustrator whereas these copies only have Gaiman's signature tipped in.

Guardian of the Beam cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Had not heard anything about the envelope - I too have my one copy w envelope. Does seem odd that these are low numbers as well - in the 200's. I have #59

obviously Pete did not have the time to go through all 130 copies to check before shipping. Maybe in a week he will find a box with all of the envelopes?

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Mine are not signed by the illustrator.

So these probably are promotional copies. Strange he didn't bother to mention the Gaiman signature.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Country
    Country Flag

So these probably are promotional copies. Strange he didn't bother to mention the Gaiman signature.
    My signed copy (with envelope) was only signed by gaiman - dagmara did not sign these - I'm pretty sure. I've never seen one on eBay signed by both - they've only been signed by Neil. Unless someone has a copy signed by both - but I double checked my copy

Traveler Disavowed is on a distinguished road

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by cit74 View Post

My signed copy (with envelope) was only signed by gaiman - dagmara did not sign these - I'm pretty sure. I've never seen one on eBay signed by both - they've only been signed by Neil. Unless someone has a copy signed by both - but I double checked my copy
    I think you're right. I did some more research on the original release, and it wasn't double-signed. Only by Gaiman. I had previously stated that I thought the original release was double-signed; I apologize for the misinformation.

Gunslinger Apprentice somekindofstranger has a spectacular aura about somekindofstranger has a spectacular aura about

Country
    Country Flag

The numbered copy I already had is only signed by Neil.

Country
    Country Flag

The numbered copy I already had is only signed by Neil.
    I think Pete was just off on his description, since they're not signed by dagmara - just like he said they were unsigned promo copies

Gunslinger Apprentice bugen will become famous soon enough bugen's Avatar

Received mine today, #254 signed by Gaiman w/no envelope. Thanks to somekindofstranger for pointing this out.
    “Reality is a nice place to visit, but you wouldn’t want to live there.”
    -John Barth

bugensbooks.com

Country
    Country Flag

Keeping the streak alive - s/n - #442 & #492

Citizen of Gilead swintek is just really nice swintek is just really nice swintek is just really nice swintek is just really nice swintek's Avatar

My Mood
    Relaxed

Yep, my 2 copies arrived yesterday- both signed, although one of the sigs is SO rough it truly looks 100 % more like "Dagmara", oddly...

Regardless, killer deal, so- thanks much for the heads up on these. One goes to my Gaiman-loving teenager. Muchly appreciated.

Country
    Country Flag

My wife loved the book and art - so one is hers to read with caleb

Guardian of the Beam ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I got my two numbered copies today along with a note that he screwed up the listing, not realizing they were signed.

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

I got my two numbered copies today along with a note that he screwed up the listing, not realizing they were signed.
    What numbers did you receive? Thanks for the update. Trying not to keep my hopes up that mine will arrive signed, but now... You've got my hopes up.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Country
    Country Flag

I didn't have any note - did Pete print out a whole thing? I think it's still nice he continued the sale after his mistake. Although since everything was paid for it would be tough to cancel them all

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    What numbers did you receive? Thanks for the update. Trying not to keep my hopes up that mine will arrive signed, but now... You've got my hopes up.
    I got 483 and 484 - here's the note (books are only signed by Neil):

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Nitwittery. I like that.

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Nitwittery. I like it too.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

The First Level of Hell - It's got a great view!
    Country
    Country Flag

Mine came today with the Nitwittery note and the copy is #918.
    Wanted: Human skin edition of The Book of the Dead. Will accept PC copy.

Country
    Country Flag

Sweet nitwittery note. Still not sure why he thinks dagmara signed these - are we missing something?

Gunslinger Apprentice ym2000 will become famous soon enough ym2000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I got one too. Love it
    Looking To Buy:

Wandering Star:
    Savage Tales Of Solomon Kane - leather

SubPress:
    Angel's Game by Carlos Ruiz Zafon - Letter V ( will trade for PC +cash)
    Neal Stephenson’ Cryptomonicon and Zodiac - Letter O

My Book Collection

+ Reply to Thread
Page 94 of 126 FirstFirst ... 44 84 92 93 94 95 96 104 ... LastLast