Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 69 of 126 FirstFirst ... 19 59 67 68 69 70 71 79 119 ... LastLast
Results 1,701 to 1,725 of 3133

Thread: The Collectible Neil Gaiman

Traveler donarumo will become famous soon enough

Just wanted to say I'm so happy I found this thread! I've been collecting Neil Gaiman since about 1992 and the pages of this thread are a goldmine of images. Thinking about posting my own collection here pretty soon.

Guardian of the Beam cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by donarumo View Post
    Just wanted to say I'm so happy I found this thread! I've been collecting Neil Gaiman since about 1992 and the pages of this thread are a goldmine of images. Thinking about posting my own collection here pretty soon.
    Welcome to the site

Demon of the Prim mikeC has a spectacular aura about mikeC has a spectacular aura about mikeC has a spectacular aura about

Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post
    I have been listening to a few conference by Neil Gaiman during the last few days at work, and I find Neil very intriguing, with a peculiar voice, and having 'accurate words' (i dont really know how to say what I want to say)
    Anyway, a few of those nice contributions

>>> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pKWszhTZ-bM ( at the end he read a good short story)
    >>> at the Douglas Adams conference, on the themes of Life, Immortality and stories : http://www.theguardian.com/books/201...-writer-genius
    Thanks for this. He reads his own audiobooks and they are awesome. So great to hear him read his stories.

Guardian of the Beam ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Post away - even if you have books we've already posted, it is OK to post yours. Sometimes I see books posted that I did not know about, so don't be shy :-)

Servant of Gan sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ELazansky View Post
    Post away - even if you have books we've already posted, it is OK to post yours. Sometimes I see books posted that I did not know about, so don't be shy :-)
    Yeah....welcome to the site. As Eric said - don't be shy....

Looking forward to see some photos

Citizen of Gilead swintek is just really nice swintek is just really nice swintek is just really nice swintek is just really nice swintek's Avatar

My Mood
    Relaxed

Show us your wares!

Gunslinger Apprentice somekindofstranger has a spectacular aura about somekindofstranger has a spectacular aura about

Country
    Country Flag

welcome! I keep meaning to post my whole collection here too, but never seem to get around to it!

Okay, you asked for it. This was fun taking images of everything.

First, Sandman comics. Not a complete run unfortunately. I have the first twelve and then a scattering of some others I've found at comic shops over the years.

Though I did manage to purchase a signed copy of #75.

Some other miscellaneous Sandman related comics and books including Dream Hunters stuff and the latest Sandman Overture issues. I'm still waiting on cover B of issue 4 to come in the mail.

My Sandman hard covers and soft covers.

And the obligatory Absolutes.

Some more miscellaneous Sandman books including the adorable Little Endless book even though it's not Neil's.

Death stuff including both mini-runs.

1602 Issues and Collected

Eternals. This includes a stack of issues all packaged together that I've never opened.

The Vertigo sample and Black Orchid collected.

Miscellaneous books including individual issues of Black Orchid.

Whatever Happened to the Caped Crusader?

Audio CDs and various films, DVD and BluRay. Two of the CDs are signed.

Two word paperbacks. I will sometimes pick up a Gaiman paperback when I don't want to "ruin" one of the new hard covers I've bought by actually reading it.

Some of the hard covers I have signed including one inscribed.

The hard covers. Most are first edition.

These two things which I have still yet to read.

Some recently purchase items.

Various odds and ends.

Mirrormask, the illustrated film script, signed.

Some Stardust bits.

And finally, the pride of my collection. A set of Hillhouse release, all numbered 200. When they fist took subscriptions, they held some numbers backed in case anyone asked for them. I asked for number 100 or 200 and 200 was available.

Phew. That's everything I think. I have more coming in the mail including the Chu books.

Servant of Gan sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

SWEET !!!! impressive collection. Thanks for sharing. Love the Hillhouse set.

Guardian of the Beam ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Very nice collection - lots of cool items

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

WOW!! I don't collect Gaiman, but WOW!!

John

Citizen of Gilead swintek is just really nice swintek is just really nice swintek is just really nice swintek is just really nice swintek's Avatar

My Mood
    Relaxed

Beautiful collection! You're not missing much, it looks like. Thanks so much for taking the time to show it off. Love looking at all this stuff.

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Ooh, I just saw Cain and Abel (from Sandman) bookends at my local comic shop. They were $150. I bet I could throw together a box of comics I could trade in for that.

Wow! Thanks everyone! Much better reactions than the questionable looks I usually get from people who come over.

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Wow! Thanks everyone! Much better reactions than the questionable looks I usually get from people who come over.
    Most people just don't understand collectors.

John

Two Gunslingers Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jhanic View Post

John
    unless of course you are on this site!
    Wanted
    CD Carrie Portfolio 719
    Dark Tower S/N LE's 171 or 203
    ANY Stephen King S/N LE #171 or 719

A Storm of Swords #218 or 346
    Ancillary Justice #455
    American Gods (+ SC Reader copy) #624

Michael Whelan original art
    DT VII: Michael Whelan Remarque

John
    Shouldn't someone put that on a t-shirt for the next Haven Foundation fundraiser?

Brian
    Founder and publisher of Lividian Publications. My other website is BrianJamesFreeman.com. Please always feel free to email me or send me a PM if you have any questions about either!

Guardian of the Beam cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brian James Freeman View Post

John
    Shouldn't someone put that on a t-shirt for the next Haven Foundation fundraiser?

Brian
    And remember to include the asterisk *

*especially my spouse

Country
    Country Flag

It has been a while, but I tracked down another book that I did not have - not sure how many S/L editions I have left to get. Here is Keep Out the Night, limited to 100 signed copies:

My Mood
    Relaxed

Sweet book, Eric. And, holding to my theory that #100* should be as equally "desirable" as #1 (if at all), then- great number!

*Edited to clarify- the last number in the run, whatever that number is.

Citizen of Gilead Aronstg has a spectacular aura about Aronstg has a spectacular aura about Aronstg has a spectacular aura about Aronstg's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

A few questions.

Has anyone looked at Neil's older signature on Sandman comics? Is it just me or does it vary a lot from his signature in his books? Specifically I was looking at the Sandman #50 where there were 5000 signed editions with a CoA. Does anyone else have this issue and have they compared that to his signatures elsewhere?

Also.. what is the market value for the S/L American Gods... both the Hill House version and the Eastman Press version?

Thanks

Demon of the Prim goheat will become famous soon enough goheat will become famous soon enough goheat's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Congratulations,. Eric! Looks like the book is in great condition, and you got #100 of 100!
    "God punishes us for what we cannot imagine." - Stephen King, Duma Key

+ Reply to Thread
Page 69 of 126 FirstFirst ... 19 59 67 68 69 70 71 79 119 ... LastLast