Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 67 of 126 FirstFirst ... 17 57 65 66 67 68 69 77 117 ... LastLast
Results 1,651 to 1,675 of 3133

Thread: The Collectible Neil Gaiman

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Please...please...gasp...no...more.

I'll have to check out that Sandman in person before buying it.

Gunslinger Apprentice somekindofstranger has a spectacular aura about somekindofstranger has a spectacular aura about

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by cit74 View Post
    A couple new/old Gaiman titles coming out this summer/fall:

http://smile.amazon.com/The-Sleeper-...4526214&sr=1-3

Looks like the sleeper and spindle will be rehashed again - after our small world book day books (which would be true 1/1). This one is listed as illustrated by Chris Riddell - so my assumption is that it will be like graveyard book/coraline/milk book - probably more like milk book in size - since these were all illustrated by Riddell.
    I assume this is simply the US release of the edition we got in the UK in November.
    It's a beautiful edition with fantastic illustrations

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/1408...xHL&ref=plSrch

Gunslinger Apprentice somekindofstranger has a spectacular aura about somekindofstranger has a spectacular aura about

Country
    Country Flag

And then this summer - July 1st

http://firewireblog.com/2015/02/21/t...ion-hardcover/

Big format should fit nicely with absolute editions. Only saw it for preorder on forbidden planet UK - no us sites - but they'll pop up soon.
    There's a bit about it on this page too (scroll down a lot) http://www.newsarama.com/23549-dc-co...llections.html

$175 it says.

Guardian of the Beam cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by somekindofstranger View Post
    A couple new/old Gaiman titles coming out this summer/fall:

http://smile.amazon.com/The-Sleeper-...4526214&sr=1-3

Looks like the sleeper and spindle will be rehashed again - after our small world book day books (which would be true 1/1). This one is listed as illustrated by Chris Riddell - so my assumption is that it will be like graveyard book/coraline/milk book - probably more like milk book in size - since these were all illustrated by Riddell.
    I assume this is simply the US release of the edition we got in the UK in November.
    It's a beautiful edition with fantastic illustrations

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/1408...xHL&ref=plSrch
    That's true - forgot I had that one sitting on bedside table - my bad. Then no need for md to get u.s. Release

Guardian of the Beam cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

And then this summer - July 1st

http://firewireblog.com/2015/02/21/t...ion-hardcover/

Big format should fit nicely with absolute editions. Only saw it for preorder on forbidden planet UK - no us sites - but they'll pop up soon.
    There's a bit about it on this page too (scroll down a lot) http://www.newsarama.com/23549-dc-co...llections.html

$175 it says.
    Forbidden planet already had it marked down to $135 (£87) on their website - although their shipping usually makes up for the savings

Two Gunslingers Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

*kicks self for not completing reading the whole sandman series yet*

Wanted
    CD Carrie Portfolio 719
    Dark Tower S/N LE's 171 or 203
    ANY Stephen King S/N LE #171 or 719

A Storm of Swords #218 or 346
    Ancillary Justice #455
    American Gods (+ SC Reader copy) #624

Michael Whelan original art
    DT VII: Michael Whelan Remarque

Country
    Country Flag

I'm going to be putting a complete sandman run on ebay soon, plus extras and about 8 of them signed by Gaiman (plus others) - including #8 - first appearance of death. All in very nice condition (not the essentials/reprints). If anyone is interested just drop me a line. 3 complete sets recently sold on eBay for $300/390/445 - none had any signed books. I'm happy to entertain offers in that range.

Guardian of the Beam ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Haven't they published enough different editions of The Sandman already? I am getting sick of these "new" editions.

Two Gunslingers Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ELazansky View Post
    Haven't they published enough different editions of The Sandman already? I am getting sick of these "new" editions.
    It is not a new edition of the Sandman. It is a special edition that focuses on the Art. These high quality "Artist Editions" are meant to focus on the comic art alone vs the story and are usually B&W only and full sized. IDW was the first publishing house to put out these types of books and they sell out quickly with the OOP ones commanding higher prices on the secondary market.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Artist%27s_Edition

It looks like Graphitti Designs has gained the contract to put out a similar type publication based on the Sandman series.
    Wanted
    CD Carrie Portfolio 719

Ancillary Justice #455

Guardian of the Beam ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Lookwhoitis View Post
    It is not a new edition of the Sandman. It is a special edition that focuses on the Art. These high quality "Artist Editions" are meant to focus on the comic art alone vs the story and are usually B&W only and full sized. IDW was the first publishing house to put out these types of books and they sell out quickly with the OOP ones commanding higher prices on the secondary market.

It looks like Graphitti Designs has gained the contract to put out a similar type publication based on the Sandman series.
    I'm aware that it won't have new material, as I have the Artist Edition of Born Again from IDW. I still think they have milked The Sandman for every penny they can. How many different books can you have of one series - regular comics, hardcover collections, trade paperbacks, the paperback slipcased set of the first three books, the trade paperback slipcased set of all ten books, Absolute Editions, the Annotated Sandman, Omnibus Editions, the limited edition Omnibus set, Artist Editions....did I leave anything out?

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Lookwhoitis View Post

I'm aware that it won't have new material, as I have the Artist Edition of Born Again from IDW. I still think they have milked The Sandman for every penny they can. How many different books can you have of one series - regular comics, hardcover collections, trade paperbacks, the paperback slipcased set of the first three books, the trade paperback slipcased set of all ten books, Absolute Editions, the Annotated Sandman, Omnibus Editions, the limited edition Omnibus set, Artist Editions....did I leave anything out?
    Well the regular comcs later had an essential line - but yes this has been beaten to death. I own a few IDW big ass books - like the watchmen which are pretty neat (and signed) - but not sure about this one. Oh - you forgot the dust covers book and multiple books discussing the series itself - if you want to include those. I'm not sure if there is another series out there that has generated so many books discussing itself.

Country
    Country Flag

Servant of Gan sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Got it. Thanks !

1 per costumer

Along the Path of the Beam Highbury is on a distinguished road Highbury's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

So a signed first edition with the stamp basically at 20 pounds? Ouch.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Highbury View Post
    The regular UK trade is 13 pounds, so it is well worth paying the extra 7. At least to me it is.

Servant of Gan sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Highbury View Post
    The regular UK trade is 13 pounds, so it is well worth paying the extra 7. At least to me it is.
    To me too. I'm surprised it's not sold out already

Country
    Country Flag

Just ordered mine. It's not sold out because of how its announced - just their regular email that came out at 0807 PST on a Monday - or 11 am est - which is around 4pm in the UK - basically a time when most people are at work and might not check their email too often - like us. So this one can easily be missed. Plus it sounds like they have their stock (sale date is today) and only 250 - so unlikely that neil will sign 250 more once these sell out. I imagine it'll be sold out by the end of today or tomorrow morning. (And up on ebay in a week).

Country
    Country Flag

Another way to look at it - the U.S. had 5000 first editions with the tipped in signature page. This UK edition will only have 250 copies. It will sell out quickly.

Along the Path of the Beam Highbury is on a distinguished road Highbury's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Fair point. Good call.

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

got one. Thankee sai.
    Wanted
    CD Carrie Portfolio 719

Ancillary Justice #455

Country
    Country Flag

Just ordered mine. It's not sold out because of how its announced - just their regular email that came out at 0807 PST on a Monday - or 11 am est - which is around 4pm in the UK - basically a time when most people are at work and might not check their email too often - like us. So this one can easily be missed. Plus it sounds like they have their stock (sale date is today) and only 250 - so unlikely that neil will sign 250 more once these sell out. I imagine it'll be sold out by the end of today or tomorrow morning. (And up on ebay in a week).
    And it is now SOLD OUT - that went fast...

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks! Got one.
    For some reason their email went to my junk folder so I wouldn't have seen it until it was too late.

Honky Mahfah Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks! Got one.
    For some reason their email went to my junk folder so I wouldn't have seen it until it was too late.
    Damn... the book was in my cart but i was a little bit to slow...

Country
    Country Flag

And it is now SOLD OUT - that went fast...
    You were right - with only 250 copies it went fairly quick - but I guess we expected that.

Along the Path of the Beam Topo77 is on a distinguished road

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

I was lucky to get one copy

+ Reply to Thread
Page 67 of 126 FirstFirst ... 17 57 65 66 67 68 69 77 117 ... LastLast