Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 66 of 126 FirstFirst ... 16 56 64 65 66 67 68 76 116 ... LastLast
Results 1,626 to 1,650 of 3134

Thread: The Collectible Neil Gaiman

Guardian of the Beam ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by sharki69 View Post
    Got my inscribed copy from firehouse books event.

That's the real first without the tip in page
    The edition with the tipped-in page is a real first too.

Two Gunslingers Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Wish I would've gotten an inscribed one. (I bought the tipped in copy from Mysterious Galaxy)

My first name is Neil as well so I like seeing Neil sign a book to Neil, rofl
    Wanted
    CD Carrie Portfolio 719
    Dark Tower S/N LE's 171 or 203
    ANY Stephen King S/N LE #171 or 719

A Storm of Swords #218 or 346
    Ancillary Justice #455
    American Gods (+ SC Reader copy) #624

Michael Whelan original art
    DT VII: Michael Whelan Remarque

Guardian of the Beam ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I'm just fine with my tipped in copy. Matches my other books from Neil that have similar pages. Having a signed book where he just writes your name on the top of the page doesn't really feel like an inscription to me.

Guardian of the Beam cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ELazansky View Post
    I'm just fine with my tipped in copy. Matches my other books from Neil that have similar pages. Having a signed book where he just writes your name on the top of the page doesn't really feel like an inscription to me.
    True, especially when I wasn't there to have it signed in front of me. However, I did get my copy from old firehouse today - and I had asked it to be signed to chad and Caleb - and neil did actually write both calebs and my name in the book (I've been getting that done in a few of my books lately) so I'm happy to add that copy as well as the one with the tipped in page.

I think I did this for my copy of golden son too - but since that's on its way to pierce to actually get signed I can't recall…reminds me of the Seinfeld car rental episode about taking a reservation…

Country
    Country Flag

I'm not trying to sound like a jerk here, and if I do, I apologize. I'm just getting a little jaded at the whole signed book thing. The tipped in signature page is now becoming a regular part of collecting. To be honest, even limited editions are for most part done with tipped in signature pages. You can even buy pre-signed books at Target. They're losing their luster a little bit in my eyes. Of course, it is always better when you can meet the author and have it signed in front of you. That certainly makes the book more special. But the mail order option where the author "inscribes" it to me...I on the fence about it. I'm not really there, so it isn't really for "me." They just take a bunch of signed copies and then the author adds your name. But that's just the way I am feeling lately. I'm glad that everyone got the books from his signing, and the Chad and Caleb collection will hopefully mean a lot to both of you as he gets older.

Don't get me started on Golden Son :-)

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

I had Trigger Warning inscribed because I thought it'd be "neat". I'm not going to spring for a limited edition when it comes out so to have it inscribed to me and my girls was cool. No extra added value but to me it's a little special than a flatsigned. If we had any local stores with tipped-in pages, I'd have gotten that one instead.

Also, buying flatsigned (I really don't like this term) Gaiman books on eBay is tricky business. I bought only one from a seller I trust 100%. I bought a flatsigned book from Eric (thanks again!) on here but other than that, buying signed trades on eBay is just asking for trouble. An extra inscription by Gaiman adds a little authenticity I think.

Two Gunslingers Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

I kind of think Neil has signed so much that he has almost devalued his own signature.

I also kind of think that Neil is the closest author to sai King when it comes to capturing the imagination of the masses in a mythic fashion.

I'm pretty susceptible to wanting to own signed Gaiman books, though. It doesnt matter to me if its flatsigned, personalized or S/N LE. I think I want one of each, LOL
    Wanted
    CD Carrie Portfolio 719
    Dark Tower S/N LE's 171 or 203
    ANY Stephen King S/N LE #171 or 719

A Storm of Swords #218 or 346
    Ancillary Justice #455
    American Gods (+ SC Reader copy) #624

Michael Whelan original art
    DT VII: Michael Whelan Remarque

Servant of Gan sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by cit74 View Post
    True, especially when I wasn't there to have it signed in front of me. However, I did get my copy from old firehouse today - and I had asked it to be signed to chad and Caleb - and neil did actually write both calebs and my name in the book (I've been getting that done in a few of my books lately) so I'm happy to add that copy as well as the one with the tipped in page.

I think I did this for my copy of golden son too - but since that's on its way to pierce to actually get signed I can't recall…reminds me of the Seinfeld car rental episode about taking a reservation…
    I prefer flatsigned over inscribed. In this case I already had the tipped in book and Chad mentioned Gaiman will inscribe if requested, so why not ? I'm at my early stage of collecting, so maybe I'm still excited every time I'm getting signed Gaiman book

But that's just the way I am feeling lately.
    Eric - you worries me.....

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks for the concern

I remember how I felt when I first started collecting. Every new book I got was a joy. I'm glad you got the inscribed book, Shac. Its nice that authors still have the time do that for their fans. Its not like they have time to write formal inscriptions in thousands of books.

Just going through a collector's rut lately. Trying to figure out what to aim for next. I'm trying to avoid the "buy something just because" feeling I get sometimes. But when I go for a while without something new...you guys know how that feels. Trying to be a smart collector and not a hoarder.

Maybe I'll start collecting inscribed but not signed books like the copy of Golden Son I got :-)

I guess should fill you guys in on that since it has come up in a few posts. A few of us ordered copies of Golden Son by Pierce Brown from a website which I won't name. Pierce was nice enough to date in inscribe the books, but he didn't sign them. A few of us have sent the books directly to Pierce to have them signed. No word form him yet, but hopefully, he will sign them and send them back.

Guardian of the Beam cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks for the concern

I remember how I felt when I first started collecting. Every new book I got was a joy. I'm glad you got the inscribed book, Shac. Its nice that authors still have the time do that for their fans. Its not like they have time to write formal inscriptions in thousands of books.

Just going through a collector's rut lately. Trying to figure out what to aim for next. I'm trying to avoid the "buy something just because" feeling I get sometimes. But when I go for a while without something new...you guys know how that feels. Trying to be a smart collector and not a hoarder.

Maybe I'll start collecting inscribed but not signed books like the copy of Golden Son I got :-)

I guess should fill you guys in on that since it has come up in a few posts. A few of us ordered copies of Golden Son by Pierce Brown from a website which I won't name. Pierce was nice enough to date in inscribe the books, but he didn't sign them. A few of us have sent the books directly to Pierce to have them signed. No word form him yet, but hopefully, he will sign them and send them back.
    Sorry Eric - I knew I'd opened up a can of worms () slipping that one in. Although that might be a new collection to start - imagine that conversation with the author - please just write my name and the date, but don't sign it - thanks. That would really throw them.

Back on the thread - how's everyone enjoying the new book? I'm only 2 stories in.

Country
    Country Flag

Back on the thread - how's everyone enjoying the new book? I'm only 2 stories in.
    I'm at about the same place - I read the Introduction and the first two stories. Gonna try to sit down today and find some reading time.

Gunslinger Apprentice Booknutt is on a distinguished road Booknutt's Avatar

I'm almost done with it. Just have Black Dog to go. I
    I'm enjoying it. Gaiman is one of those rare authors where i can hear his voice in my head when reading his stories. (Might just be his distinct voice.)

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Booknutt View Post
    I'm almost done with it. Just have Black Dog to go. I
    I'm enjoying it. Gaiman is one of those rare authors where i can hear his voice in my head when reading his stories. (Might just be his distinct voice.)
    I agree - very distinct - I have most of his books on audio too - I enjoy listening to him read. I have yet to read the ocean - but I listened (first time I ever heard a story before reading it) while I was traveling. I got the audio books for my wife since hardly has any time for reading - but she's seen neil a few times and loved his story telling. I really hope the deluxe cave story includes a dvd from either the SF or ny event (or any of the other ones for that matter).

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Eric, from time to time I take breather for varying periods as well. Nothing wrong with that.

Also, to keep things fresh, more and more I find other random authors that I enjoy (even if only for a single book) and attend a signing or order their book signed/inscribed. Nothing to do with market values, but just for the love of signed editions of books I enjoy.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Gunslinger Apprentice somekindofstranger has a spectacular aura about somekindofstranger has a spectacular aura about

Country
    Country Flag

Almost a year later than expected, yesterday I finally received a copy of the "Grains of Sand: 25 Years of The Sandman exhibition catalog" from the Cartoon Art Museum in San Francisco! Did anyone else get a copy (I dont think they are on sale anymore)?

"The Cartoon Art Museum proudly presents the official Grains of Sand: 25 Years of The Sandman exhibition catalog.This 144-page full-color catalog showcases over 100 pieces from the museum exhibition, reproduced in full color to capture every detail of the original artwork. Highlights include more than 20 pages from the groundbreaking first issue of Sandman; eight pages from “The Sound of Her Wings,” featuring the first appearance of Death from Sandman #8; full-color paintings by Yoshitaka Amano, Barron Storey, J.H. Williams III, and series cover artist Dave McKean; beautiful, unretouched pencil artwork by famed illustrator Michael Zulli; and highlights from Neil Gaiman‘s personal collection of Sandman artwork. Grains of Sand features new text pieces by Sandman co-creators Neil Gaiman, Sam Kieth, and Mike Dringenberg as well as Sandman: Overture artist J.H. Williams III"

cover:

Bookplate 1, drawn by Dave Mckean, signed by Neil, Dave Mckean and someone else:

Bookplate 2, Sam Kieth and Mike Dringenberg:

Bookplate 3: JH Williams III

and as one of the first 25 orders, I also received an exclusive print illustrated and signed by Worlds’ End artists Gary Amaro and Steve Leialoha:

and a sample of the contents: a page of Death:

Its a very nice thing to have. My only minor niggle is that it isnt hardback,so I may have to invest in a slipcase or traycase for it!

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Has anyone here sold or bought "A Little Gold Book of Ghastly Stuff" recently? I looked on EBAY and there were four sold recently with a large range ($60-$550) between sales prices. I'm not much of a Gaiman fan (and not a seller at all) but was thinking of putting my copy up for sale. Thanks!

Gunslinger Apprentice somekindofstranger has a spectacular aura about somekindofstranger has a spectacular aura about

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Staad View Post
    Has anyone here sold or bought "A Little Gold Book of Ghastly Stuff" recently? I looked on EBAY and there were four sold recently with a large range ($60-$550) between sales prices. I'm not much of a Gaiman fan (and not a seller at all) but was thinking of putting my copy up for sale. Thanks!
    I think the variation is due to 3 different 'states' :

- the original numbered, limited signed edition goes for the highest price, but fluctuates wildly. I missed a UK ebay auction that ended at £72, which I guess is around $100-$110? But have seen them go for a lot more than that in the past.

Due to demand, an unsigned edition was later released. I have one of these and paid about £30 for it a few years ago so thats about $45/50 I think. Personally I dont think it is worth any more than that.

Some people then get the unsigned edition signed, and sell it a signed edition!...I guess prices here vary depending on whether the bidders realise it is not the original signed/limited edition.

Gunslinger Apprentice erxbooks is on a distinguished road erxbooks's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Staad View Post
    There were 2 versions of the book. A signed limited edition and an unsigned trade edition. The unsigned trade has been selling for $60-$90. Signed limited is worth $175-200

Gunslinger Apprentice uturn83 will become famous soon enough

My Mood
    Cheerful

Good signature?
    http://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/MTYwMFgxMjAw/z/tn0AAOSw-yxU3Al0/$_57.JPG

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks. Mine is the signed limited and is 110/500. I appreciate the feedback and didn't realize there was another edition.

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by uturn83 View Post
    Good signature?
    Probably but I wouldn't risk it. There is also the trade edition with the tipped-in signature page, try tracking one down. Not much difference in price.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by uturn83 View Post
    Good signature?
    It is probably good, just sloppy.

I've got a few extra signed books if your interested - let me know.

Ocean - paperback 1/1 signed
    American Gods 10th Anniversary - hardcover 1/1 signed
    Truth is a Cave - hardcover 1/1 signed

Country
    Country Flag

A couple new/old Gaiman titles coming out this summer/fall:

http://smile.amazon.com/The-Sleeper-...4526214&sr=1-3

Looks like the sleeper and spindle will be rehashed again - after our small world book day books (which would be true 1/1). This one is listed as illustrated by Chris Riddell - so my assumption is that it will be like graveyard book/coraline/milk book - probably more like milk book in size - since these were all illustrated by Riddell.

Country
    Country Flag

And then this summer - July 1st

http://firewireblog.com/2015/02/21/t...ion-hardcover/

Big format should fit nicely with absolute editions. Only saw it for preorder on forbidden planet UK - no us sites - but they'll pop up soon.

Country
    Country Flag

A couple new/old Gaiman titles coming out this summer/fall:

http://smile.amazon.com/The-Sleeper-...4526214&sr=1-3

Looks like the sleeper and spindle will be rehashed again - after our small world book day books (which would be true 1/1). This one is listed as illustrated by Chris Riddell - so my assumption is that it will be like graveyard book/coraline/milk book - probably more like milk book in size - since these were all illustrated by Riddell.
    I guess the publishers weren't telling the whole truth when they said the prior copy would be the only HC version printed of the story - maybe they meant in 2014? Or figured another quick way to make money - on a story just reprinted in trigger warning???

+ Reply to Thread
Page 66 of 126 FirstFirst ... 16 56 64 65 66 67 68 76 116 ... LastLast