Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 56 of 126 FirstFirst ... 6 46 54 55 56 57 58 66 106 ... LastLast
Results 1,376 to 1,400 of 3136

Thread: The Collectible Neil Gaiman

Guardian of the Beam cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ELazansky View Post
    I got my Parcelforce shipping notice from Forbidden Plant - says Global Priority mail is scheduled to be delivered Saturday. Never seen something from the UK get here so fast. It better have been packed properly.
    Mine will take a little longer - I added a book that won't be signed until 6 September. I have a bunch of the Brian froud books (faerie stories - they did the creatures for dark crystal, labyrinth, etc) - and their newest book comes out on the 6th and they have a signing. - so hopefully both books will be packed well.

Servant of Gan sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Got this one for $7 today !!!

Guardian of the Beam cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Very nice addition - and price

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Fantastic! Congratulations!

John

Country
    Country Flag

Wtf - just came across this tonight while searching on google:

THE ENCHANTING NEIL GAIMAN
    Photo: Kimberly Butler
    With Michael Chabon

Neil Gaiman is one of fantasy’s most extraordinary innovators. Long considered a top writer of comics, he is also the creator of genre-defying prose, poetry, film, and drama for audiences of all ages. Gaiman’s award-winning works include the #1 New York Times bestselling adult novels The Ocean at the End of the Lane and Anansi Boys, the young adult novel Coraline, the TV series Neverwhere, and the groundbreaking Sandman comics series. He appears in conversation with author Michael Chabon.

"(Gaiman’s) mind is a dark fathomless ocean, and every time I sink into it, this world fades, replaced by one far more terrible and beautiful in which I will happily drown."
    – New York Times

Standard $35
    Members get 10% off.

Thursday, Mar 12
    Starts at: 7:00 pm

Save up to 25% and subscribe today.
    Support Arts & Ideas.

So Neil's speaking in the city in march - the site is screwy to order tickets - so I'm going to have to call tomorrow to see if anything is still available

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

According to Neil's website it's SOLD OUT
    >>> http://www.neilgaiman.com/where/details.php?id=228

But you should check with the venue
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
    ------------------------------------------------

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post
    According to Neil's website it's SOLD OUT
    >>> http://www.neilgaiman.com/where/details.php?id=228

But you should check with the venue
    i will give a call this morning and see.

Servant of Gan sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks chad and john

Guardian of the Beam ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Got my copy of The Art of Neil Gaiman today - at least Forbidden Planet packed it well. The book was inside a bag, which was then put inside a bubble-wrapped bag. Then in a proper sized box with lots of paper around it. Book arrived in mint condition.

Guardian of the Beam ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

You can preorder the limited edition of Cave from Amazon for $53 http://www.amazon.com/Truth-Black-Mo...=9780062332103

It is not being produced by Sub Press. Lots of places online are offering the book for preorder.

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks Eric. Ordered copy to be on the safe side (Amazon will not charge CC until shipping so nothing to loose...)

Two Gunslingers Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Leftover copies of Smoke & Mirrors available on Sub Press' website.

Get em while you can...

https://subterraneanpress.com/store/...ke_and_mirrors
    Wanted
    CD Carrie Portfolio 719
    Dark Tower S/N LE's 171 or 203
    ANY Stephen King S/N LE #171 or 719

A Storm of Swords #218 or 346
    Ancillary Justice #455
    American Gods (+ SC Reader copy) #624

Michael Whelan original art
    DT VII: Michael Whelan Remarque

Country
    Country Flag

WOW...I had it in my cart and ....puff.... it was gone.....

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

One lettered copy of Smoke and Mirrors available.

"
    Have a look at the traycase for the lettered edition of Neil Gaiman's Smoke and Mirrors, the most complicated such beast we've ever attempted. We're packaging and shipping copies today and tomorrow.

For those interested, we have one copy of the lettered still available, as well as a small number of copies of the limited edition."

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    One lettered copy of Smoke and Mirrors available.

"
    Have a look at the traycase for the lettered edition of Neil Gaiman's Smoke and Mirrors, the most complicated such beast we've ever attempted. We're packaging and shipping copies today and tomorrow.

For those interested, we have one copy of the lettered still available, as well as a small number of copies of the limited edition."
    I saw the email about 10 minutes after it was sent - the lettered copy was already gone - not that I was going to buy it

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Just chiming in to say that:

I approved the shipping charge for the book from Forbidden Planet.

I have no intention of buying yet another version of TRUTH. I like story and I enjoyed the event, but enough is enough.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    Just chiming in to say that:

I approved the shipping charge for the book from Forbidden Planet.

I have no intention of buying yet another version of TRUTH. I like story and I enjoyed the event, but enough is enough.
    I said that too - got the art book - it is nice. But I asked caved (haha) and got the truth book on sale through amazon - it says it comes with a DVD (at first I thought it was another cd) - so if it has the reading from Carnegie hall or San Fran or Europe - then that interests me. In that case I'll just end up selling my single flat signed copy or send to my sister for her kids

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

My ART book arrived from FP. I like it!

Chad, let me know what's on that DVD. Thanks.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    My ART book arrived from FP. I like it!

Chad, let me know what's on that DVD. Thanks.
    I do like the art book as well - and of course I will update on the dvd - unfortunately still have to wait a few months for that one

Country
    Country Flag

Just got my tickets to see Amanda Palmer in SF - small venue - less than 500 seats - should be fun. She has a few more dates on her tour - and a few on the East Coast - she is having a "special" goes who she will be speaking with/interviewing at each event. Guess who is in Boston: Neil - might be worth trying to get to this one

i'm also going to be presenting a speciallll conversation/interview guest in each venue, not every city is confirmed, but they're going to be unique and they're going to be awesome.
    so far, we have:
    chicago: PETER SAGAL (my hero), the host of NPR's "wait wait don't tell me"
    DC: THOMAS DOLBY, the amazing musician and TED-friend
    boston: NEIL GAIMAN and JASON WEBLEY and maybe more
    philly: KYLE CASSIDY
    and with that, i am excited to finally announce:
    AN EVENING WITH AMANDA PALMER: THE ART OF ASKING BOOK TOUR
    Nov. 10 - CAMBRIDGE, MA Porter Square Books
    25 White Street - Cambridge, MA 02140
    TIME TBA | ALL AGES | FREE
    MORE INFO HERE, SOON
    Nov. 11 - BOSTON, MA - Royale
    279 Tremont Street - Boston, MA 02116
    TIME TBA | AGES 18+ | $ TBA
    TICKET LINK TBA
    ON SALE: Friday, September 12 @ 10am EST
    Nov. 12 - WASHINGTON, DC - Sixth & I Synagogue
    600 I St. NW - Washington DC 20001
    TIME TBA | ALL AGES | $15-$22.50
    TICKETS & INFO
    Nov. 13 - PHILADELPHIA, PA - First Unitarian Sanctuary
    2125 Chestnut Street - Philadelphia PA 19106
    8pm | ALL AGES | $20
    TICKETS & INFO
    Nov. 14 - NEW YORK CITY, NY - Barnes & Noble Union Square
    33 East 17th Street - New York, NY 10003
    7pm | ALL AGES | FREE
    STORE INFO (additional event info TBA)
    Nov. 15 - CHICAGO, IL - Thalia Hall
    1807 S Allport St - Chicago IL 60608
    TIME TBA | ALL AGES | $ TBA
    TICKETS & INFO
    ON SALE: Friday, September 12 @ 10am CDT
    Nov. 16 - MINNEAPOLIS, MN - Cedar Cultural Center
    416 Cedar Avenue S. - Minneapolis, MN 55454
    TIME TBA | ALL AGES | $ TBA
    TICKETS & INFO
    ON SALE: Friday, September 12 @ 10am CDT
    Nov. 18 - SEATTLE, WA - Town Hall
    1119 Eighth Ave. - Seattle, WA 98101
    7:30pm | ALL AGES
    TICKETS & INFO
    ON SALE: Thursday, September 11 @ 10am PST
    Nov. 19 - PORTLAND, OR - Wonder Ballroom
    128 N.E. Russell Street - Portland OR 97212
    TIME TBA | ALL AGES | $15-$18
    TICKETS & INFO
    ON SALE: Friday, September 12 @ 10am local PST
    Nov. 20 SAN FRANCISCO, CA - Jewish Community Center of SF
    3200 California Street - San Francisco, CA 94118
    7pm | ALL AGES | $25-$35
    TICKETS & INFO
    ON SALE NOW!!!!!
    Nov. 21 BERKLEY, CA - Freight & Salvage
    2020 Addison Street - Berkeley CA 94704
    TIME TBA | ALL AGES | $20-$22
    TICKETS & INFO
    ON SALE: Friday, September 12 @ 10am PST
    Nov. 22 - LOS ANGELES, CA - First Unitarian Church
    2936 W. 8th Street - Los Angeles, CA 90005
    ALL AGES | $18-$23
    TICKETS & INFO
    ON SALE: Friday, September 12 @ 10am PST
    Nov. 23 - DENVER, CO - Tattered Cover Book Store
    2526 East Colfax Avenue - Denver, CO 80206
    2pm | ALL AGES | FREE
    MORE INFO
    Nov. 24 - AUSTIN, TX - Book People
    603 North Lamar - Austin, TX 78703
    7pm | ALL AGES | FREE
    MORE INFO
    Nov. 25 - TORONTO, ONT - Lee's Palace
    529 Bloor Street West - Toronto ON M5S 1Y5 CANADA
    AGES 19+ | $18
    TICKETS & INFO

Country
    Country Flag

Great, she's going to be in Philly on a Thursday night during the same week my daughter's school musical is running. No way I can get there. I would be neat to hear her. She seems like an interesting person.

Oh well. I did pre-order a signed copy of her new book from Porter Square Books. Support the whole independent store, etc.

I'll still send you my copy of Who Killed Amanda Palmer in case she has time to sign. That would be cool to have.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ELazansky View Post
    Great, she's going to be in Philly on a Thursday night during the same week my daughter's school musical is running. No way I can get there. I would be neat to hear her. She seems like an interesting person.

Oh well. I did pre-order a signed copy of her new book from Porter Square Books. Support the whole independent store, etc.

I'll still send you my copy of Who Killed Amanda Palmer in case she has time to sign. That would be cool to have.
    From her blog it sounds like she will have time to sign. Im planning on picking up her new book at the venue - although ill probsvly call the book store sponsoring the event to make sure about the signing first

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

I'd like to see her, but would have to decide closer to the date whether I could make it. And then I'd have to be able to land tix. We'll see.

Country
    Country Flag

Tweet from Neil - 900 STARDUST prints signed, 900 to go. Charles Vess and I wrapping up an 18 year long project. http://www.whosay.com/l/OIe9ft0

Country
    Country Flag

He has signed so many things over the last 20 years that his signature itself it almost worthless.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 56 of 126 FirstFirst ... 6 46 54 55 56 57 58 66 106 ... LastLast