Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 54 of 126 FirstFirst ... 4 44 52 53 54 55 56 64 104 ... LastLast
Results 1,326 to 1,350 of 3133

Thread: The Collectible Neil Gaiman

Gunslinger Apprentice somekindofstranger has a spectacular aura about somekindofstranger has a spectacular aura about

Country
    Country Flag

Forbidden Planet now offering a (double)signed limited edition of The Art of Neil Gaiman. One per customer.

https://forbiddenplanet.com/124924-t...ned-hardcover/

Guardian of the Beam ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Thank you - more cash out the window :-)

But seriously, thanks for finding that link. I figure it should go pretty quickly.

Servant of Gan sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Good find. Thank you

Guardian of the Beam cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Nice find. They had these at his book reading in SF - but they only had 5 copies and they sold out while we were drinking at the bar next door

Gunslinger Apprentice somekindofstranger has a spectacular aura about somekindofstranger has a spectacular aura about

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by somekindofstranger View Post
    Forbidden Planet now offering a (double)signed limited edition of The Art of Neil Gaiman. One per customer.

Someone has one at twice the price on ebay.co UK but they include a picture of the signed/limitation page so it does seem to be a special edition, rather than just the standard edition signed.

Guardian of the Beam cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Someone has one at twice the price on ebay.co UK but they include a picture of the signed/limitation page so it does seem to be a special edition, rather than just the standard edition signed.
    I'm guessing that the forbidden planet one is slightly different - since they say their copy won't ship until the end of the month. The ones at the event were just flat signed. So we will have to wait and see when these arrive.

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks for the link. I just ordered a copy from FP.

Chad, I had no idea they had any copies of this book in SF. But if there were only five for that entire crowd, then I think we made the better use of our time.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    Thanks for the link. I just ordered a copy from FP.

Chad, I had no idea they had any copies of this book in SF. But if there were only five for that entire crowd, then I think we made the better use of our time.
    we made much better use of our time - when we showed up they had it crossed out and said sold out - that was when i asked how many copies they brought - not many. and they did not have any more back at the store. but i am happy with this new copy coming out. i think the one in SF was only signed by gaiman - but who knows - i never saw it

Servant of Gan sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

From Dynamite Entertainment:

NEIL GAIMAN'S THE LAST TEMPTATION HC - SIGNED EDITION BY NEIL GAIMAN, MICHAEL ZULLI AND ALICE COOPER

http://www.dynamite.com/htmlfiles/vi...RO=C1606905449

Publication Date: Sep 2014

A special AUTOGRAPHED edition, signed by Neil Gaiman, the multiple award-winning author of Sandman, Coraline, and American Gods, alongside artist Michael Zulli, and the Sinister Showman himself, Alice Cooper! What better way to celebrate the 20th anniversary of this seminal Gaiman work, than with an extremely limited signed edition?

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by sharki69 View Post

NEIL GAIMAN'S THE LAST TEMPTATION HC - SIGNED EDITION BY NEIL GAIMAN, MICHAEL ZULLI AND ALICE COOPER

A special AUTOGRAPHED edition, signed by Neil Gaiman, the multiple award-winning author of Sandman, Coraline, and American Gods, alongside artist Michael Zulli, and the Sinister Showman himself, Alice Cooper! What better way to celebrate the 20th anniversary of this seminal Gaiman work, than with an extremely limited signed edition?
    And for anyone else in the UK, currently 33% off at Forbidden Planet

http://www.forbiddenplanet.co.uk/nei...r#.U-ztuclwbqA

Guardian of the Beam ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

And for anyone else in the UK, currently 33% off at Forbidden Planet

http://www.forbiddenplanet.co.uk/nei...r#.U-ztuclwbqA
    And Amazon has had it listed for $48.75 for quite a while now - http://www.amazon.com/Gaimans-Tempta...ptation+gaiman

Country
    Country Flag

Could it be that amazon copy is only signed by gaiman ?

A special Autographed Edition, signed by renowned author Neil Gaiman!

Country
    Country Flag

Could it be that amazon copy is only signed by gaiman ?

A special Autographed Edition, signed by renowned author Neil Gaiman!
    It is the same ISBN as the one listed at Dynamite's website - has to be the same book

Gunslinger Apprentice Booknutt is on a distinguished road Booknutt's Avatar

The description on the DF listing is confusing. It makes it sound like it's signed by Zulli also but it's only signed by Neil.

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

I ordered a copy from Dynamite Entertainment a while ago in hopes that they pack better than Amazon does.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Gunslinger Apprentice mkberger has a spectacular aura about mkberger has a spectacular aura about mkberger has a spectacular aura about mkberger's Avatar

SubPress website is showing pre-orders for a signed/limited of THE TRUTH IS A CAVE IN THE BLACK MOUNTAINS:
    http://subterraneanpress.com/store/p...ition_preorder

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by mkberger View Post
    SubPress website is showing pre-orders for a signed/limited of THE TRUTH IS A CAVE IN THE BLACK MOUNTAINS:
    I don't know...it is not listed as a signed/limited with a specific numbered print run. Just says a hardcover edition signed by author and artist. I already have one of those. Don't think I want to pay $75 for another copy just to get the CD and the clamshell case. I am going to email SubPress for more info.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ELazansky View Post
    I don't know...it is not listed as a signed/limited with a specific numbered print run. Just says a hardcover edition signed by author and artist. I already have one of those. Don't think I want to pay $75 for another copy just to get the CD and the clamshell case. I am going to email SubPress for more info.
    Sounds like a plan - can't wait to hear how else this version differs - since it's not clear in the description. Seems like we are just paying for a case and another book

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by cit74 View Post
    Sounds like a plan - can't wait to hear how else this version differs - since it's not clear in the description. Seems like we are just paying for a case and another book
    Here is Bill's response:

"It's going to be a special edition, though I don't know if it's going to be numbered."

I'm on the fence. It is only $75. I'll have to think about it.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by cit74 View Post
    Here is Bill's response:

"It's going to be a special edition, though I don't know if it's going to be numbered."

I'm on the fence. It is only $75. I'll have to think about it.
    well - thats a bit vague. since its not numbered - he doesn't even list how many copies will be made - but i presume neil would only sign X amount. I already have the CD from the event - so this is very unlikely...

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Tempting but it's pretty hard not to feel a little cynical about collecting anymore...Gaiman and Hill seem to be the worst "offenders" in this category. Just this story alone has already been published in a S/L edition (in two states), than in a trade hardcover, than by itself in a mini-hardcover and now again by itself as a S/L for $75. Soon it's going to be in a short story collection, certainly first as a S/L, than a trade hardcover and then a 10 year anniversary edition.

Feel free to tell me "Don't like it, don't buy it."

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by WeDealInLead View Post
    Tempting but it's pretty hard not to feel a little cynical about collecting anymore...Gaiman and Hill seem to be the worst "offenders" in this category. Just this story alone has already been published in a S/L edition (in two states), than in a trade hardcover, than by itself in a mini-hardcover and now again by itself as a S/L for $75. Soon it's going to be in a short story collection, certainly first as a S/L, than a trade hardcover and then a 10 year anniversary edition.

Feel free to tell me "Don't like it, don't buy it."
    I agree 100%. It does seem like everything they write gets a limited edition. It is getting a little ridiculous. I am waiting for Neil's Shopping List, signed limited to 365 copies, one for each day of the year.

Country
    Country Flag

So here's the email I just got from FP:

"The shipping charge for your entire order will be GBP £ 38.00
    The total of your entire order including the shipping rate will be GBP £ 78.00"

The book costs £40.00, and they want £38.00 for shipping? That makes $67 for the book and $63 for shipping making the total about $130 for a book about Gaiman. I don't know if I want this now. What are you guys going to do?

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Shipping charges to/from overseas are ridiculous. Personally, I wouldn't pay it, but that's just me.

John

Country
    Country Flag

Haha - couldn't log on - so I sent a separate email. Personally I'm going to email them and see if they'd ship several together to see if that would cut costs. Although that means they get shipped to a single location and then need to be shipped out again (and anything could happen). Would anyone here be up for that if it were possible and it drastically cut overall shipping costs? I honestly would not spend that much on shipping for an art/bio book with a signature page.
    Has anyone ordered from them before? Is this typical of their overseas shipping?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 54 of 126 FirstFirst ... 4 44 52 53 54 55 56 64 104 ... LastLast