Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 51 of 126 FirstFirst ... 41 49 50 51 52 53 61 101 ... LastLast
Results 1,251 to 1,275 of 3133

Thread: The Collectible Neil Gaiman

Gunslinger Apprentice Booknutt is on a distinguished road Booknutt's Avatar

Anybody get an extra signed copy of the new Chu book?

Guardian of the Beam cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

All of the signed copies were at list price.

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

The First Level of Hell - It's got a great view!
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Booknutt View Post
    You can preorder a signed Chu at Books of Wonder in NYC. They told me they are also trying to get Adam Rex to sign.

http://www.booksofwondershop.com/chu-s-school.aspx
    Wanted: Human skin edition of The Book of the Dead. Will accept PC copy.

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by cit74 View Post
    Well we are back in our room. It was a great evening, caught up with both RF and patrick. The evening started shortly after 8pm and went until a little after 11pm. Fourplay - the string quartet played for a little (they were wonderful - especially if you like violin/cello - just google fourplay Dr. Who/tardis theme - you'll want to pick up some of their music). Then Neil came out and read a few short pieces - including one of my favorites - the day the saucers came, as well as a piece rejected by this American life - called adventures. It was pretty good. He also mentioned that he'll have a new short story anthology out next year - titled trigger warning (I think that's the title he said, originally he was going to call it please secure your mask before helping others, but that was too long and did not fit with the two word titles of his previous anthologies. The adventure story will be in there, as well as all of the monthly short stories he talked about in his journal earlier this year - the ones he wrote with suggestions from Fans - he read both July and October stories. Then there was a intermission, followed by the reading of the truth is in a cave in the black mountains. I had not previously read the story (when it was in stories) - but read 3/4 of it yesterday and today with Caleb. I stopped near the end so I would be able to hear the rest from Neil tonight. Worked fine, except Caleb slept through nearly all of the reading - oh well. After the main event, he read another poem - the one about saint Orin - another good read.

All in all a very entertaining evening. No actual signing, alas there were hundreds of presigned books for sale. Between RF, Patrick, and myself I think we bought 11 or 12 signed copies of truth - so everyone here who requested one is good - without any spittle or excessive shipping. We will figure out who is shipping to whom and PM them in the next day or so. I picked up a few signed Chu's - but those are all going out as gifts to friends kids and nieces (they were only signed by Neil - not Adam Rex - like I think the books of wonder are). I even picked up a copy of the truth audio cd - since this one had the fourplay quartet playing as well - and the cover was signed by Neil as well.

Green apple books was the "book" host - I imagine they'll have more copies of these books/CDs at their store - since there's no way they all sold out. Here's their contact info:

506 Clement Street
    San Francisco, CA 94118
    (415) 387-2272

I think I'm out of words. I did not take any photos, however, RF and Patrick were like little school girls at a boy band show - non stop selfies and group pictures - btw please send me photos - so I'll wait for them to post.
    Haha!

BTW - I completely forgot about this after I got back from seeing GRRM at CarolinasCon (and maybe you all know this) but Sandman was actually rejected by George to be in his Wildcards series. Everyone in the audience laughed after George said that he would have made quite a few thousand on it

Guardian of the Beam ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by becca69 View Post
    You can preorder a signed Chu at Books of Wonder in NYC. They told me they are also trying to get Adam Rex to sign.

Preorders are Sold Out - shows Out of Stock

Guardian of the Beam cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ELazansky View Post

I hooked booknut up (and he helped me ).

Gunslinger Apprentice Booknutt is on a distinguished road Booknutt's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

You might try calling. They sometimes have more for the store and allocate so many to the website.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I think I'm out of words. I did not take any photos, however, RF and Patrick were like little school girls at a boy band show - non stop selfies and group pictures - btw please send me photos - so I'll wait for them to post.
    I didn't take a single selfie, Patrick was the selfie taking, 300 texts, 12 year old girl.

My wife did take a few pics for us.

Country
    Country Flag

It looks like (Jerome) Patrick's the center of attention.

Servant of Gan sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Green apple books has Chu double signed

http://www.greenapplebooks.com

Call them to make sure you get the right book...

EDIT - Just called to confirm - book is only signed by gaiman

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Started the day yesterday by attending the SF Giants game. Sat about six rows up right by first base (tix purchased from a friend) and watched Tim Lincecum pitch his second career No Hitter. Simply fantastic.

After changing out of garish game gear, met up with Jerome and Chad (and families) to go see Neil Gaiman. We all had great seats right up in the first few rows. I am a total fanboy, so it was a wonderful treat to see Gaiman again and share the evening with good friends.

It was a very good day.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Guardian of the Beam ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

$99 is a great price for this book - http://www.ebay.com/itm/TAVERNS-OF-T...item4d1fb3558a

Gunslinger Apprentice Comrade Alex is on a distinguished road Comrade Alex's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Thank you for the tip Eric.
    $99 is a great price for this book - http://www.ebay.com/itm/TAVERNS-OF-T...item4d1fb3558a

Servant of Gan sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Guys - looks like you had great time together and the event sound like fun.

Chad - thanks for securing book for me.

Country
    Country Flag

His other books are well priced too:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/VERY-BEST-OF...item4d1f124597

for $225 - is a pretty good price - for king, hill, gaiman, straub...

Architect Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany's Avatar

My Mood
    Angelic

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    Started the day yesterday by attending the SF Giants game. Sat about six rows up right by first base (tix purchased from a friend) and watched Tim Lincecum pitch his second career No Hitter. Simply fantastic.

After changing out of garish game gear, met up with Jerome and Chad (and families) to go see Neil Gaiman. We all had great seats right up in the first few rows. I am a total fanboy, so it was a wonderful treat to see Gaiman again and share the evening with good friends.

It was a very good day.
    My kid is seeing him at Carnegie Hall tonight
    People love frozen yogurt. I don't know what to tell you.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Bethany View Post

It was a very good day.
    Nice - let us know if Neil did any signings at tonight's event. I think he was going to read hansel and gretel as well

Country
    Country Flag

American gods for kindle on sale today for $1.99 on amazon

Architect Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany's Avatar

My Mood
    Angelic

Quote Originally Posted by Bethany View Post

It was a very good day.
    Nice - let us know if Neil did any signings at tonight's event. I think he was going to read hansel and gretel as well
    She got something signed, she sent me a pic, but I don't know what yet.

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

That's great, Bethany! Let us know what she thought of the NY show!
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

My Mood
    Angelic

Mr. Gaiman definitely has a new fan!

Country
    Country Flag

Very Nice - hope that they had a nice evening - now they need to start reading some of his other books...

My Mood
    Angelic

Very Nice - hope that they had a nice evening - now they need to start reading some of his other books...
    She's about half into American Gods and loving it.

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Excellent!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 51 of 126 FirstFirst ... 41 49 50 51 52 53 61 101 ... LastLast