Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 126 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 54 104 ... LastLast

Thread: The Collectible Neil Gaiman

Rabid Billybumbler Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by thegreattim View Post
    Is the new edition a hardcover? Any chance RiverRun will be able to get Neil to personalize copies (I doubt it, but it sure would be sweet)?
    As far as I know, he won't do a public signing (these "Writers on the Stage" events are in a theater and the books are pre-signed)...but if you ask, maybe they can arrange it.

The owner's name is Tom....offer him double the price of the book and I bet he'd at least entertain the idea. (I don't know him, I just know his name)

From Sorrow to Hope Sam is on a distinguished road Sam's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I have a signed and remarqued (not elaborate, but a nice doodle) first edition copy of Coraline. It's also inscribed. Does anyone have any idea what this particular book is worth?
    Margaret Emmie Mackey Catoe, you are, have been, and always will be my soulmate, and I love you.
    Con todo mi corazon, por todo de mis dias. And I always will, in this life and into the next.

August 2, 1947 - September 24, 2010

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Tim, when I called the other day to order a copy, they said he will not be inscribing - only signing. By the way, they also confirmed that these are First Editions of the 10th anniversary edition. I did not specifically ask if they are hardcover or paperback, but they are retail priced like hardcovers so I believe they are.

Sam, if your signed First Edition hardcover is the Harper Collins (2002) edition, they can be purchased for $100. The inscription, as always, will raise or lower the value depending on the perspective of each individual potential buyer.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Guardian of the Beam ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Sam,

I'd agree with Patrick. I paid $30 for a 1st of Coraline, but signed would definitely increase the value since it is such a popular story. A doodle makes it nicer, but the inscription could hurt. $75-100 sounds about right.

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

I emailed the bookstore. Hopefully they'll ship to Canada.

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

He is also coming to the Bay Area - Berkeley to be specific. I cannot make it though.

I'd call the bookstore and order a copy here in California, but I already ordered a couple from the east coast.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

From Sorrow to Hope Sam is on a distinguished road Sam's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    Tim, when I called the other day to order a copy, they said he will not be inscribing - only signing. By the way, they also confirmed that these are First Editions of the 10th anniversary edition. I did not specifically ask if they are hardcover or paperback, but they are retail priced like hardcovers so I believe they are.

Sam, if your signed First Edition hardcover is the Harper Collins (2002) edition, they can be purchased for $100. The inscription, as always, will raise or lower the value depending on the perspective of each individual potential buyer.
    I just checked the book, and it is a First Edition, but NOT a First Printing. In fact, it's a First Edition, 15th Printing.
    Margaret Emmie Mackey Catoe, you are, have been, and always will be my soulmate, and I love you.
    Con todo mi corazon, por todo de mis dias. And I always will, in this life and into the next.

August 2, 1947 - September 24, 2010

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by WeDealInLead View Post
    Sweet! A very interesting addition to your collection.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I am glad you were dressed when you took the picture.

Country
    Country Flag

Nudies upon request.

Patrick, what east coast bookstore will have these?

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Rahfa View Post
    Any Neil Gaiman fans, take note:

http://www.riverrunbookstore.com/eve...the-music-hall

You don't have to go to the event to get a signed book (in fact, he won't be doing a public signing)...just order from the bookstore.
    Quote Originally Posted by WeDealInLead View Post
    Nudies upon request.

Patrick, what east coast bookstore will have these?
    Check Rahfa's link quoted above.

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

You don't have to go to the event to get a signed book (in fact, he won't be doing a public signing)...just order from the bookstore.
    Received my copy today! It has a few bumps from shipping (padded envelope with some shipping paper around book) but nothing major. Thanks for letting us know about this Rahfa.

Guardian of the Beam ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I have one on the way from the Seattle signing. He posted some pics on his blog with all of the books he had to sign. It still amazes my that with all of the signings he did, and all of the stores that you could preorder a signed copy at retail, that there are still folks bidding up copies on eBay. Doesn't anyone know how to shop at other places than eBay?

Country
    Country Flag

My latest S/L (running out of books to buy) - Shrouded by Darkness (S/L 200 copies)

Country
    Country Flag

I've been watching that in My eBay for a week or two now. I'll probably pull the trigger next payday. Bad Moon has sales frequently though and last time I bought a lettered from him, he had a 20% off sale 2 days later. I'm hoping he has another one in the next month or so.

Do you have The Taverns of the Dead? It's signed by Gaiman.

Country
    Country Flag

Taverns is one of the next items on my list, along with 999 and The Graveyard Book (Sub Press edition). You know how it is, only so much cash to go around.

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Staad View Post

Received my copy today! It has a few bumps from shipping (padded envelope with some shipping paper around book) but nothing major. Thanks for letting us know about this Rahfa.
    I received mine from River Run as well. They (two signed copies) were wrapped neatly in shipping paper and came in a box with padding.

Eric, I hadn't heard of SHROUDED BY DARKNESS. Thanks!

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

Borderlands Press is happy to announce the 15th and final title in our “Little Book” series!
    A Little Gold Book of Ghastly Stuff by Neil Gaiman
    Signed by the author, numbered by us and limited to only 500 copies.
    Ready to ship late October 2011.
    $35 + $5 S&H

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks for that info, Bev. I don't see a order link up at the Borderlands Press website yet though :-(

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ELazansky View Post
    Thanks for that info, Bev. I don't see a order link up at the Borderlands Press website yet though :-(
    Send BP an email about this and see what happens. It can't hurt anything and you never know they may be taken pre-orders.

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

When I emailed to inquire, they responded with an invoice that you can pay via PayPal.

Country
    Country Flag

Cool...I just sent them an email. Thanks all!

Citizen of Gilead Dolso is just really nice Dolso is just really nice Dolso is just really nice Dolso is just really nice Dolso's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Hey Gaiman Guys~~

I've been meaning to do this for a while now but have been a bit ... (ahem)... busy with other projects.

I don't really collect Gaiman but Tom and Patrick turned me onto the S/L of "STORIES". I bought the trade to read & haven't enjoyed a book more for ages!!! I know that it's other authors but it was so enjoyable reading so many different stories ( Gaimans short "The Truth is a Cave....." is, in itself, worth the price!!)

Anyway, I made this case for myself and, if there's any interest, would be glad to make more. It's made of mahogany with a blue liner that comes real close to matching the color of the book spine. The engraving is colored & supposed to resemble the marbled design of the book. The interior of the engraving is designed to resemble the signature pages before each story. There is room below the cases 'signature box' to engrave the number of your S/L if you want. The price would range from $90 (un-engraaved mahogany slipcase) -- $105 (engraved with title, editors, box, limitation #) -- to $125 (title, author, limitation and 'marbling' engraved). Anyone that's interested, wants more info or just wants to inquire about it, PM me. As always, the grain of the wood will vary from case to case.

Title, editors, and 'marbling' engraving

Un-engraved 'plain-jane' case (if you can call finished mahogany "plain-jane")

It's difficult to get an accurate pic of the color of the liner

www.bookslipcase.com

Selling my collection of books and some cases

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Wonderful Case, as always Dick!!!!!!!

Always, very imaginative!!!!

28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 126 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 54 104 ... LastLast